Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying here for the first time in January. Only 4 of us are going so I booked a preferred room. Last year on the dance trip we stayed at POP in the 80's and it was just too far from everything. I'm hoping to get a room as close to the food court area as possible.

We are staying here for the first time in January. Only 4 of us are going so I booked a preferred room. Last year on the dance trip we stayed at POP in the 80's and it was just too far from everything. I'm hoping to get a room as close to the food court area as possible.

If you booked a preferred room at Sports you will be right on top of the food court. A great location:thumbsup2

We check in next Monday :cool1:

I did online check in, and my only request was a room in the Homerun Hotel section. Now that we've been thinking about it, everyone will sleep better if our 2 year old is in a crib so we're going to rent one. Before DS was born, we always requested a king room (Pop x2, AKL, and WL) when I booked it, but I never did online check in and we always got a king bed. What are the chances of getting a king bed? I read somewhere if you are more than 2 people, you won't get it but our 3rd person is under 3. The reason I did online check in is because we are arriving early and hoping to have a room ready after lunch so our little guy can get his nap in. How can I request a king bed?

So excited to be there next week!!

We check in next Monday :cool1:

I did online check in, and my only request was a room in the Homerun Hotel section. Now that we've been thinking about it, everyone will sleep better if our 2 year old is in a crib so we're going to rent one. Before DS was born, we always requested a king room (Pop x2, AKL, and WL) when I booked it, but I never did online check in and we always got a king bed. What are the chances of getting a king bed? I read somewhere if you are more than 2 people, you won't get it but our 3rd person is under 3. The reason I did online check in is because we are arriving early and hoping to have a room ready after lunch so our little guy can get his nap in. How can I request a king bed?

So excited to be there next week!!

There seem to be pretty limited king beds and most of them seem to be ADA rooms. I've stayed solo and as a couple (without any children) and both times had requested one and neither time got one.

I've lost my marbles...
Just returned from WDW Saturday, already have a return trip booked for nov 18,19,20

I'll be staying at all stars for the first time, I normally stay at pop but I'm ready for a change of scenery. I don't even have approval from my job yet but usually I wait and end up paying more or not getting the dates I wanted. I'm 95% sure they'll approve it. Worst case scenario they say no and I have to cancel lol

I figured with my job getting dates off in November would be easier than December. I want to see the Osborne lights!

I've lost my marbles...
Just returned from WDW Saturday, already have a return trip booked for nov 18,19,20

I'll be staying at all stars for the first time, I normally stay at pop but I'm ready for a change of scenery. I don't even have approval from my job yet but usually I wait and end up paying more or not getting the dates I wanted. I'm 95% sure they'll approve it. Worst case scenario they say no and I have to cancel lol

I figured with my job getting dates off in November would be easier than December. I want to see the Osborne lights!

Christmas is a great time to visit. Everything is very beautiful with all the decorations.:)

There seem to be pretty limited king beds and most of them seem to be ADA rooms. I've stayed solo and as a couple (without any children) and both times had requested one and neither time got one.

I didn't request a king at all, 2 doubles will work. I rented a crib for the baby so I think we will all sleep well, or at least I hope!

Random question - I'm not planning on doing laundry but want to be prepared just in case we have to do a load... how much is it to wash and dry? quarters only?

? I didn't request a king at all, 2 doubles will work. I rented a crib for the baby so I think we will all sleep well, or at least I hope! Random question - I'm not planning on doing laundry but want to be prepared just in case we have to do a load... how much is it to wash and dry? quarters only?
2.00 per load for washer and dryer. There is a quarter changer machine in the laundry room

Are all the surfs up rooms preferred? I'm leaning towards ASSp for my Wine & Dine 1/2 trip next fall, so I'd want to be centrally located to minimize walking. First marathon we stayed in Touchdown which was good and second we were in Center Court which after a long hard run felt like a walk. It'd be nice to still be close like Touchdown but try a different section, but I don't want to pay the extra for preferred.

Wooohoooo! Just booked my hotel for the WDW Half Marathon in January and im so excited to be staying at ASSp again :thumbsup2 Oddly enough this one of my favourite resorts...I booked preferred again - I just love the theming in the Surf's Up section and how close it is to the food court...and love that pool...

Are all the surfs up rooms preferred? I'm leaning towards ASSp for my Wine & Dine 1/2 trip next fall, so I'd want to be centrally located to minimize walking. First marathon we stayed in Touchdown which was good and second we were in Center Court which after a long hard run felt like a walk. It'd be nice to still be close like Touchdown but try a different section, but I don't want to pay the extra for preferred.

All of Surf's Up is preferred...Once I got lucky and booked standard but requested Surf's Up and got it without the charge - but it was a slow time of year... when its race weekend the value's seem to be pretty full so I wouldn't count on an upgrade...

I will say this that out of all the disney resorts i've stayed at I will pay for a preferred room here - nothing like being steps from the food court and buses...although I do mainly stay here when im running so the last thing I want is a long walk back to my room after a half marathon

Weir question, but does the End Zone food court have covered 'to go' containers we can take back to the room with our hot breakfasts? Or just paper plates? Thanks in advance:)

How far is the Home Run (DH is huge baseball fan) section from the buses? Most days we will likely drive to parks but DD may want to sleep in a few days & will take the buses.

Weir question, but does the End Zone food court have covered 'to go' containers we can take back to the room with our hot breakfasts? Or just paper plates? Thanks in advance:)

Since All Star Movies does have plastic dome lids that go over top of their paper plates I would assume all of the values do as well. The don't always fit perfectly and can be a pain but they are good enough to not allow the food to get cold while walking back to the room. They would also give you a paper style shopping bag if requested.

Since All Star Movies does have plastic dome lids that go over top of their paper plates I would assume all of the values do as well. The don't always fit perfectly and can be a pain but they are good enough to not allow the food to get cold while walking back to the room. They would also give you a paper style shopping bag if requested.

Great thank you! This eases my mind.

How far is the Home Run (DH is huge baseball fan) section from the buses? Most days we will likely drive to parks but DD may want to sleep in a few days & will take the buses.

I believe the Home Run Section is the farthest away from Sports buses. If you come out of the food court it is pass the TouchDown section to the left. The bus at AS Music might be closer for you.

Wooohoooo! Just booked my hotel for the WDW Half Marathon in January and im so excited to be staying at ASSp again :thumbsup2 Oddly enough this one of my favourite resorts...I booked preferred again - I just love the theming in the Surf's Up section and how close it is to the food court...and love that pool...

Thanks! My travel agent usually gets a group rate for the race weekends but excludes preferred rooms. I'm playing around with the idea of upgrading to a moderate, but it's become a tradition to stay at Sports for the races and I could always treat myself to something at the Expo with that money. :rolleyes1

I'll probably stick to requesting Touchdown and near transportation. Usually gets a location almost as close as Surf's Up

Hi all. I havent posted on DIS for a long while now. :-( We've recently booked ASSp for May 2015 and I know its early and I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but does anyone know if they still serve the cheese steak sandwiches in the food court? I know its an odd question but my DH is obsessed and I can't see them listed on the Disney experience app. They are however, listed for ASMo and ASMu. Thanks in advance. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter