Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at AKL - Jambo House from Oct 24 - Nov 1. Everything was absolutely flawless:

- We booked a standard room and our room requests were met (upper floor, near lobby) - we had the very first room off the lobby on Kudu trail with a very nice partial savannah view, saw animals all the time! Two public viewing areas right there as well. We actually used the indoor one several times when we'd come back for a break to find our room in the middle of cleaning.

- Food options were all great (Mara a few times, Boma breakfast and dinner, Sanaa lunch).

- Buses were WAY better than expected. I thought for sure it'd be a gong show after reading the boards, but we didn't seem to share with Kidani as much as I expected. We only stood ONE time coming home after closing AK, and its less than a 10 minute drive from AK so it wasn't a big deal at all. Every other time they were less than half full and we rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes for one to arrive. Also, I didn't find the trip to MK very long at all. Certainly no longer than Coronado or Pop seem.

Poly is still my favourite but I'd stay at AKL again without hesitation.

Reposting my question...does anyone know the answer? THANK YOU!...
It's a cuisinart pod with joffreys coffee packs. Don't drink coffee so that's all I can comment on
As mentioned by PP yes they are Joffrey single serve flat pods. I think they're fine but nothing I would take home. The provided in-room coffee amenities are like a dry creamer powder, sweeteners, stirrer in a plastic sleeve. I always nab a few creamers from a quick serve on the first day of my trip (carry a zip top plastic bag in my parks backpack for reasons such as this) and I think it is fine to take a few with you - ESPECIALLY if you are purchasing the $18 refill mug! For the record and to head off any judgment, I only help myself to creamer at restaurants where I've actually purchased something.

They also sell small milks in the Mara and I have purchased these to take back to my room fridge in the past.

As mentioned by PP yes they are Joffrey single serve flat pods. I think they're fine but nothing I would take home. The provided in-room coffee amenities are like a dry creamer powder, sweeteners, stirrer in a plastic sleeve. I always nab a few creamers from a quick serve on the first day of my trip (carry a zip top plastic bag in my parks backpack for reasons such as this) and I think it is fine to take a few with you - ESPECIALLY if you are purchasing the $18 refill mug! For the record and to head off any judgment, I only help myself to creamer at restaurants where I've actually purchased something.

They also sell small milks in the Mara and I have purchased these to take back to my room fridge in the past.

Thank you both! That's really helpful - I'll pack some of the creamer/splenda I like to get me through the first few days and then buy some milk if I can get a few extra creamers at the Mara. I'm assuming that I can bring my own coffee, too, if I want something different - now that I know it's the flat pods, I might pick up something strong. :) It's such a silly thing to worry about, but my daughter is such an early riser that we have to be prepared! :)

Thank you both! That's really helpful - I'll pack some of the creamer/splenda I like to get me through the first few days and then buy some milk if I can get a few extra creamers at the Mara. I'm assuming that I can bring my own coffee, too, if I want something different - now that I know it's the flat pods, I might pick up something strong. :) It's such a silly thing to worry about, but my daughter is such an early riser that we have to be prepared! :)
In my world coffee in the am is not silly - it's essential! Especially if there's a balcony w/ a view of giraffes & zebras and assorted exotic animals that I can sit on while sipping said morning coffee :)

We just returned from our very first trip to Disney World and we rented points to stay in a Savannah-view studio at Jambo.

WOW. We love to travel and have stayed at a lot of nice resorts, but this was amazing. Hoping to post more details in the theme parks and strategies forum soon, but every detail at this place is gorgeous! There is SO MUCH to do and explore; we still feel like we missed out on tons of it even with some resort time we had carefully planned for. Kids loved both pools, although kidani probably had the edge with the bigger slide. Saw animals out ALL the time, morning and night (I have a great video if I can figure out how to share it). Room was clean, service fantastic - they gave us a cot at no charge and replaced my son's magic band for free when he lost it. We all want to go back just to spend a week at the resort without going to parks! Such a relaxing feel there, on our last night my husband and I walked around to the various viewing areas and got drinks at the bar; it was awesome. Love how the bar is open overlooking boma! Buses were always right there as we walked up, although a couple times we had to wait awhile for a bus when leaving the PARKS (usually at night, which was painful).

The only thing I would say wasn't totally outstanding was our boma breakfast the last day. It was still very good, just not as amazing as I was expecting...not a ton of selection. Our Tusker House lunch was actually better - endless options and everything was fantastic there. That's probably being a bit picky however. We are fans for life now! Would love to go back someday; we walked around the boardwalk resorts and all agreed we prefer AKL. Don't think we could stay anywhere else now!

Edited to add: our room was on kudu trail which was great. We could see fireworks from our balcony at night - were those from HS? Epcot?

Last edited:

If you are booked in a standard room, will they deliver the items you've bought in the park to your room?

If you are booked in a standard room, will they deliver the items you've bought in the park to your room?

They deliver everything to the resort giftshop for everyone, as far as I can tell...that's where our stuff went to, and we were there a couple of weeks ago. You just give the person behind the counter your delivery slip and they retrieve the package from the back room!

How do you request a trail? We rented points and all that comes up during online check in is upper floor, near elevator etc. No trail selections or no ability to say partial savannah. Is this a request we need to ask the person we are renting from to put in through Member Services?

Yes, since you're renting points, you need to ask the DVC member you are renting from to call member services and make the request for you.

We are arriving after 7pm on November 25th via Magic Express. Since we are arriving so late we booked a room at All Star Movies for the night. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge November 26 to December 5th. We plan to take a bus from A.S. Movies to Animal Kingdom and then grab a bus back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to check into our resort. We will have Disney transport our luggage to our new resort for us.
My question is this: Does this seem to be the best course of action in getting to the Animal Kingdom Lodge or is there I better bus route to take?
I would prefer to use the Disney Buses and not a taxi.

Thank you in advance for your input. :-)

We are arriving after 7pm on November 25th via Magic Express. Since we are arriving so late we booked a room at All Star Movies for the night. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge November 26 to December 5th. We plan to take a bus from A.S. Movies to Animal Kingdom and then grab a bus back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to check into our resort. We will have Disney transport our luggage to our new resort for us.
My question is this: Does this seem to be the best course of action in getting to the Animal Kingdom Lodge or is there I better bus route to take?

I can't comment on the buses, but I thought I would suggest using Uber or Lyft. There's a whole thread on here dedicated to using these services around Disney. Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

DizDaD7 took this yesterday:

wdw2016313595710535_7854859834_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-tmp_zpsiqeiy7yf.jpeg

[...he's the guy in the white shirt pretending to be a gorilla....:teeth: ]

I have done this many times. As long as you don't need your items in your luggage it works. It will arrive most likely between 1-5pm.

I have a family BLT trip then dd and I move to AKL after the guys go home. I will probably go to a park then take bus from park to AKL too. We enjoy this way. Did a taxi once and DD did NOT like that.:rolleyes:

However the taxi time we left CBR at 7am and arrived at GF by 7:15. We were staying CL and wanted breakfast. It was nice to have our luggage and our room was ready. Still we didn't feel the magic so bus for us works.pixiedust:

Last edited:
When I'm moving between resorts I just leave my bags @ bell services & ask them to deliver them to my next resort then go to whichever park works for that day in my schedule. These days a text will come in at some point giving me my room number or telling me to check at the front desk and then I head over to the resort I'm checking into via bus and call down to bell services to see if my bags have arrived.
If you want to arrive at AKL to enjoy the resort prior to check in rather than doing a park, then yes, taking the AK bus and then switching over to the AKL bus there is a great plan.

Can anyone tell me if the carry Fair-life milk anywhere at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks for the help.

In a little over 2 weeks we will be at AKL!!!! We have only stayed at CBR before this. There you could buy snacks (chips, drinks) in the gift shop. Can you do that at AKL? And if so, does anyone know if they sell tortilla chips? (My DD loves tortilla chips but we don't have enough items we need for a grocery order and will be taking ME from airport.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter