Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure AKL, BWI, & BWV had ceiling fans and most likely WL & CR had them, but it's been awhile since we stayed there. I can't for the life of me remember if FW cabins, CBR, POR, & POFQ had them or not, but I expect they did.

I can't wait to book our LM room in just two days - I wonder how mobbed the website is going to be? Maybe I'll plan on booking in a week or so :rotfl2:

Seriously, you lucky people opening the LM section in September, PLEASE post pics and reviews. I need to live vicariously through you until next June...

When I called to inquire about Little Mermaid rooms, I was told there were no connecting rooms. Has anyone else been told this? Is it true?

At AOA they did bring us a box fan when we requested one. We sat it on the green foot stools and pointed it at our bed. There are two foot stools and a chair in addition to the couch for seating and four plastic orange chairs around the kitchen table.

There were no ceiling fans in either of the rooms. Our room was not adjoining so I am not sure if other rooms were adjoining but we were the last room in the row so maybe that made a difference?

I also forgot to add we did have a fridge in the room but it did not get cold enough. I set it on the lowest setting and the bottles of water did not freeze in the freezer and the food we had leftover from Rainforest cafe did not stay cold - not sure if this was just an in our room issue or the fridge itself issue.

And Landscape of Flavors was open 6 am to midnight. It's set up almost identical to Pop Century - desserts and gelato, then sandwiches and salads, then unique foods (like the Thai), then pizza, then burgers. They had two coolers of drinks, desserts, snacks, etc - one on each side.

And last thing - we were actually at the very end of the hallway so we only had rooms across from and on one side of us. Once you see the Crush statue and turn left then go straight we were at the end there. I wish I had brought my laptop so I could have overridden the sensor! We were miserably hot - they did bring us the box fan which we kept the whole time.

autryrw said:
Free visa dining offer today not good for lm; to move to a car suite and get free dining would cost me over $600. Think I will stick with rack rate. I could of course go to pop or por for less but not $200-$300 less (and then that would be quick service). others have decisions to make today?

We are in a Cars suite and to split the booking to get FD would have cost us $600 more so we are staying put and hoping for a room rate discount or something.

When I called to inquire about Little Mermaid rooms, I was told there were no connecting rooms. Has anyone else been told this? Is it true?

No. Its not. I had 2 connecting LM rooms booked about a week ago until I switched to a suite. We have 4 kids and I was repeatedly told that due to our family size, we were guaranteed a joining room. Maybe that is a stipulation? :confused3

For 7 days and 6 nights, at AoA in a LM room, and the Plus DDP, it came to:
WDW's price: $2560.40
AAA's price:$2112.63 (I don't know if that included the travel insurance, but I believe it did).

How many people is this for? We're doing 7/6 also, with just the regular DDP in LM for 3 adults, through AAA and it's costing us just under 3000.00. :confused3 If yours is for just two that would explain some of the difference, but if not, I'm checking out our cost with the TA. Thanks.

Quoting momtm2j from another thread
"I never had issues with the AC, but you can override the motion sensor by pressing & holding F/C button on the left side of thermostat, once "BP" appears in display, unit is on override. I had this written in my notes from a previous post in case I needed it."
Thanks jdcthree for recommending the search :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for posting this. We definitely have to have AC because one of us has a medical condition that is worsened by the heat. We would be in real trouble if we ran into this problem. :worship: You have possibly saved our first ever Christmas trip for us!

maintence has always been happy to do this for me. did you call them

Thanks for this tip, also. We may need to call them if we can't get the AC going and get it to stay on. I wouldn't have thought to call them; I just would have called the desk!

I just received a pin for FD but I'm already booked at LM and it's excluded:sad:
I would have to rebook to another resort. Now I don't know what to do. FD saves a lot of money even for a solo person such as myself!
Any advice? I realize it is just a personal decision. In any case I'm still so excited to be going! but the LM rooms would be cool too.:)

How many people is this for? We're doing 7/6 also, with just the regular DDP in LM for 3 adults, through AAA and it's costing us just under 3000.00. :confused3 If yours is for just two that would explain some of the difference, but if not, I'm checking out our cost with the TA. Thanks.
!

2 adults and 1 child (age 4). We booked in April.

I just received a pin for FD but I'm already booked at LM and it's excluded:sad:
I would have to rebook to another resort. Now I don't know what to do. FD saves a lot of money even for a solo person such as myself!
Any advice? I realize it is just a personal decision. In any case I'm still so excited to be going! but the LM rooms would be cool too.:)

How much is a lot of money ;)?

This is exactly why I just switched our 2 joining rooms to a suite. It cost us about $200 more but if free dining comes out (and I think LM will be excluded too) and we are able to take advantage of it staying in an AoA suite, it will save us over $900 in the long run as we have a party of 6. If no FD, then we will get a military room only discount instead and still save about $500.

You are looking at a savings of about $35 per day, but only if the QSDP fits the way you want to eat. Do you like to eat dessert with every meal? Do you prefer combo meals at each meal or do you like to graze throughout the day? If I was going solo, I could probably eat cheaper than $35 a day. If you have your heart set on a LM room, just keep it and pay OOP for your food. There is always a chance that a room code could come out for the LM rooms. Especially since so many are switching to other resorts for FD. Best of luck with your decision!:goodvibes

No. Its not. I had 2 connecting LM rooms booked about a week ago until I switched to a suite. We have 4 kids and I was repeatedly told that due to our family size, we were guaranteed a joining room. Maybe that is a stipulation? :confused3

We have 2 connecting rooms at All Star Movies but when LM rooms became available for the Sept. free dining promotion, I called to try to switch our reservation. When the CM saw that we had connecting rooms at ASMo, she told me that LM rooms did not have connecting rooms. We could get rooms next door to each other but that there were no connecting rooms in the LM buildings. (We have 8 kids-2 under 3 so we can still fit in two value rooms.) I just took her word for it, but you are the second person here on the DIS that has said they had/have LM connecting rooms. Bummer, because we really wanted to stay at Art of Animation but now there are no LM rooms available for the dates we are going. :(

hiller731 said:
Our room was not adjoining so I am not sure if other rooms were adjoining but we were the last room in the row so maybe that made a difference?

All the rooms are "adjoining" or next to each other. Even though you were in the end of the corridor, the room next to you was adjoining.

Not all rooms are "connecting", which means they have a door between them, thus connecting the two rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter