Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this thread going to be closed soon since we have 250 pages? I thought I read somewhere that the mods. close it when it gets to 250 pages.

smitch425 said:
Yes it does, that is what "identical" means--exact same buildings as POP which has connecting rooms.:goodvibes

Meh. Even if the original plans included connecting doors, it doesn't mean they included them during the build. Building a solid wall over a door opening is such an easy change. The ASMu family suites are in "identical" buildings but are very different internal layouts.

They probably have them, but there is no guarantee they are there OR you will get them if they are there.

Meh. Even if the original plans included connecting doors, it doesn't mean they included them during the build. Building a solid wall over a door opening is such an easy change. The ASMu family suites are in "identical" buildings but are very different internal layouts.

They probably have them, but there is no guarantee they are there OR you will get them if they are there.

The LM buildings have been sitting there for years. They are not new construction. They have connecting rooms. They are IDENTICAL to the POP buildings because up until 2010, they WERE the POP buildings.

The LM buildings have been sitting there for years. They are not new construction. They have connecting rooms. They are IDENTICAL to the POP buildings because up until 2010, they WERE the POP buildings.

To quote a PP, I am aware of that.

But the FINISH work wasn't done on them. They were unfinished shells. It might not be very likely, but there is always a possibility the doorway areas were simply covered over/filled in during the finish out. Two doors and frames are more expensive than a solid wall. That's all we are trying to say. Absent actually seeing the finish out on the rooms you just can't tell.

Again, look at the ASMu suites. They certainly changed the original connecting wall structure/doorway openings with those.

To quote a PP, I am aware of that.

But the FINISH work wasn't done on them. They were unfinished shells. It might not be very likely, but there is always a possibility the doorway areas were simply covered over/filled in during the finish out. Two doors and frames are more expensive than a solid wall. That's all we are trying to say. Absent actually seeing the finish out on the rooms you just can't tell.

Again, look at the ASMu suites. They certainly changed the original connecting wall structure/doorway openings with those.

The Little Mermaid rooms were completely built as the "40's" section. They were the ONLY section that was completely done. Here is the info...

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance...dary-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort/705096/1

Not trying to argue at all, just trying to provide everyone with the correct info. They WILL have connecting rooms, but just because they have them, doesn't mean you will get one. :goodvibes

And you know this how? That section of the resort hasn't even opened yet. I mean, I expect they will, but they may not...and connecting rooms are NOT guaranteed.

Actually they are guaranteed if you are 2 parents traveling with 3 or more kids under the age of 18. That is the only way.

Also I was on the phone with guest services for 45 minutes while they double and triple checked to make sure that the LM rooms would indeed have connecting rooms.

But it is true that not all resorts are built with connecting room options. I was suprised to hear that. I have no idea which resorts are like that, but thats what they said.

The Little Mermaid rooms were completely built as the "40's" section. They were the ONLY section that was completely done. Here is the info...

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance...dary-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort/705096/1

Not trying to argue at all, just trying to provide everyone with the correct info. They WILL have connecting rooms, but just because they have them, doesn't mean you will get one. :goodvibes

Look at this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1391731

The pictures clearly show the insides of the building as not finished. They were not completely done.

ETA-I'm not trying to argue either, and I do think they will have connecting doors. I just don't think we can come on here and say with certainty they are there without actually seeing them, KWIM?

I know it's speculation at this point, but is there any chance someone who booked a LM room would be "upgraded" to a suite? :confused3 I think most people would consider it an upgrade since it's more space and more "features", but I could see where someone really might want the LM room.

In other resorts, an upgrade usually means a better location or view and no so much a completely different type of room. Just curious to see what everyone thinks...

I know it's speculation at this point, but is there any chance someone who booked a LM room would be "upgraded" to a suite? :confused3 I think most people would consider it an upgrade since it's more space and more "features", but I could see where someone really might want the LM room.

In other resorts, an upgrade usually means a better location or view and no so much a completely different type of room. Just curious to see what everyone thinks...

Not for free. The suites are WAY more expensive. They would probably ask you to move to POP (if for some reason they overbooked) before offering you a suite.

Look at this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1391731

The pictures clearly show the insides of the building as not finished. They were not completely done.

ETA-I'm not trying to argue either, and I do think they will have connecting doors. I just don't think we can come on here and say with certainty they are there without actually seeing them, KWIM?

I know what you mean.:goodvibes Since the original plans for those buildings (that were already built to be the same standard rooms as POP, which had connecting doors), coupled with the fact that people have booked LM rooms and been told their rooms will connect, I think it is okay to say they will have connecting rooms.:goodvibes

I'm sure if they don't have them we will all be hearing about it on Sept. 15. :rotfl:

Not for free. The suites are WAY more expensive. They would probably ask you to move to POP (if for some reason they overbooked) before offering you a suite.

I see what you mean. But we've been "upgraded" from a basic garden room at the Poly to Poly concierge, which is also a pretty big jump in price (plus free food), so I guess anything's possible.

And if they did overbook LM, they'd have to offer me something better than POP to move! :rotfl:

Actually they are guaranteed if you are 2 parents traveling with 3 or more kids under the age of 18. That is the only way.

Also I was on the phone with guest services for 45 minutes while they double and triple checked to make sure that the LM rooms would indeed have connecting rooms.

But it is true that not all resorts are built with connecting room options. I was surprised to hear that. I have no idea which resorts are like that, but that's what they said.

Yup I hear that! We are a family of 6 with four kids 9 and way under! :goodvibes
The CMs and they're supervisor I spoke to said they cannot guarantee us connecting but at least side by side with a connecting request for 2 Little Mermaid rooms at the Art of Animation resort They have connecting rooms for many reasons but one is single parents who come and have more than 1 child (security reasons duh) Why are so many no believers in the connecting rooms existence?:crazy2:

My sister & I are staying in LM rooms with our daughters in October. We would absolutely hate an upgrade. We've already bought special surprises for the girls: Ariel shirts, nightgowns, sunglasses, personalized beach towels, etc.

tracyheartsmickey said:
My sister & I are staying in LM rooms with our daughters in October. We would absolutely hate an upgrade. We've already bought special surprises for the girls: Ariel shirts, nightgowns, sunglasses, personalized beach towels, etc.

That is sooooooooo sweet. What a wonderful gesture.

I am almost 52 and my mom and I will be going on our fifth cruise soon to Bermuda. The week after Thanksgiving, we are staying in Williamsburg right on-site in a suite for an entire week. We still love traveling together and she is a spry 75 year old.

I hope you all have years of wonderful mom and daughter trips together.

We did the same I don't think I'd be thrilled about moving to a resort I didn't choose unless it was a royal room at POR:p

Have any Disney Visa holders booked Free Dining for AoA? How about for Nov 29?

I'm so antsy waiting until Thursday because if I can get a Nemo Suite for the 29th, we're switching our air and whatnot to go 2 days earlier (from Dec 1 since it will be excluded).

summerw said:
Have any Disney Visa holders booked Free Dining for AoA? How about for Nov 29?

I'm so antsy waiting until Thursday because if I can get a Nemo Suite for the 29th, we're switching our air and whatnot to go 2 days earlier (from Dec 1 since it will be excluded).

I don't think they will include AoA in free dining, it's a new resort and they don't usually include those in most of the discounts. The only one I know you can get there is the military discount, which I have booked for our Aug/Sept trip.

I don't think they will include AoA in free dining, it's a new resort and they don't usually include those in most of the discounts. The only one I know you can get there is the military discount, which I have booked for our Aug/Sept trip.

The AoA suites ARE included in this FD deal, and lots of Disney Visa holders booked them yesterday. The LM are not included this time, but the LM rooms were included in PINs that went out back in March. :goodvibes

That is sooooooooo sweet. What a wonderful gesture.

I am almost 52 and my mom and I will be going on our fifth cruise soon to Bermuda. The week after Thanksgiving, we are staying in Williamsburg right on-site in a suite for an entire week. We still love traveling together and she is a spry 75 year old.

I hope you all have years of wonderful mom and daughter trips together.

Wow...such special memories you will always cherish. I hope you have a wonderful cruise & Thanksgiving trip.

And thank you!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter