Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read. :surfweb:

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings. OR Trinidad South at CBR?? I was just wondering if it's comparable to those distances or worse.

Thanks to all that can help.

We stayed in LM building 7 last week and it was 7-10 minutes to the bus and food court. We walked from Pop Century one day and didn't find it any closer. So if you don't want to upgrade to a suite you have to do the walk. This resort is meant for families so I think they should have forgotten about the LM section, since it is too far away.

There is a room size and bed size difference, that may be worth considering when your party includes 3 adults and a teenager.

A POR room is 314 square feet and has two queen beds.

An AoA LM room is 277 square feet and has two double beds.

You also have to imagine the pack-n-play for the 2 year old in the room as well.

we will also have an accessible room since my 17 year old is handicap, ill have to check and see the sq footage difference. i really good idea would be for the kids to chip in and pay for something for once!!! LOL the kids are getting older and this is the first disney trip she has done with us since 2008 so im pretty excited. i guess if i just get up and get out of the way in the morning they can do their thing while i sit by the pool! thanks for the info :)

Just got back 5 days ago...it was amazing!!! We stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and I honestly don't know what all the talk is about the long walk to the main hall. Sure out of the other sections its the furthest but its not long! I was so pleasantly surprised!! Plan on staying there again next time! Ive always stayed at Pop but the theming here blew me away! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

We stayed in LM building 7 last week and it was 7-10 minutes to the bus and food court. We walked from Pop Century one day and didn't find it any closer. So if you don't want to upgrade to a suite you have to do the walk. This resort is meant for families so I think they should have forgotten about the LM section, since it is too far away.

Definitely didn't find the walk bad at all!! Theres so much to see as you walk to the main hall, took about 5 min for us I'd say...unless you have a slow walker in the group. We agreed Pop DEF had a further walk from the farthest building there.

We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?

I have to say, I am a huge fan of the Nemo movie and never have been a fan of Cars...and I know the Nemo section is the most popular, but I was BLOWN away by the Cars section!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it so much I actually want to stay there next time I go!

I have to say, I am a huge fan of the Nemo movie and never have been a fan of Cars...and I know the Nemo section is the most popular, but I was BLOWN away by the Cars section!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it so much I actually want to stay there next time I go!

I love the first Cars movie and I am as excited ( if not more) than my 5 yr old son, to stay in the cars section this July,

I booked LM for Aug 25/30 but when the RO discounts came out, I switched to POP Perferred and now its only saving me like $70...Is it worth it to pay the extra money and stay at AOA?? Thanks!

My family and I are staying in the nemo suites in sept and I was looking at some reviews on another site for the hotel and I read one that made me so upset. A person left a review saying that this place is infested with bed bugs. They were "everywhere" as they put it. And they said that management was still filling rooms despite the "infestation". Now this person left no other details what so ever about what area they were staying if they contacted management...just wanted to vent about the bugs. I'm having a hard time believing the post but for my own sanity can someone just confirm that it's really not as bad as this person is saying. I mean if I were writing that I would try to make it as detailed as possible right?

I booked LM for Aug 25/30 but when the RO discounts came out, I switched to POP Perferred and now its only saving me like $70...Is it worth it to pay the extra money and stay at AOA?? Thanks!

It was to me. I did the same thing. It was $82 to upgrade to LM from POP. I decided it was worth it, but if FD is released we will switch to POP if LM is excluded, which is likely.

I'm having a hard time believing the post

As you should. Don't you think if there was an "infestation" and they were still filling rooms without taking care of it someone here on the DIS would have reported it? I've read multiple posts here of people that have just returned and there was no mention of it.

As you should. Don't you think if there was an "infestation" and they were still filling rooms without taking care of it someone here on the DIS would have reported it? I've read multiple posts here of people that have just returned and there was no mention of it.

Ewww really. Oh I hope not. We are there this summer, please no- after reading the previous post, I can't stop itching now. Disney is Disney, even if there was an issue, I feel they would be on top of it. Like you said, wouldn't other Disney vacationers reported back on this already??????????

Maybe the person who posted that review was angry for something that happened and that's the only way they could think to get back at Disney. It's a shame but I don't think its at all an issue at the resort. Sorry for making everyone itchy I just don't like the thought of messing with bed bugs :(

My family and I are staying in the nemo suites in sept and I was looking at some reviews on another site for the hotel and I read one that made me so upset. A person left a review saying that this place is infested with bed bugs. They were "everywhere" as they put it. And they said that management was still filling rooms despite the "infestation". Now this person left no other details what so ever about what area they were staying if they contacted management...just wanted to vent about the bugs. I'm having a hard time believing the post but for my own sanity can someone just confirm that it's really not as bad as this person is saying. I mean if I were writing that I would try to make it as detailed as possible right?

I saw this review too. This is the only review this person has ever written. I question reviews that are horrible (like this), when all the others are good, or have no history of reviews and write only one really bad review. I would take it with a grain of salt. :)

I think it was probably a troll who was hoping enough people would believe it and cancel their reservations, so they could book. :confused3

Marblies said:
I think it was probably a troll who was hoping enough people would believe it and cancel their reservations, so they could book. :confused3

btw Lol You are cracking me up saying that person is a troll my husband says that all the time and I never hear other people say that! Im a very worried person but honestly if this was a real issue i DO believe disney would take care of it and Im sure others would have def reported it! If you are really worried I believe there is spray or something you can buy. Not sure what its called tho someone told me about it tho!

Hi new to this thread! we are staying at aoa lion king suite in sept! we were originally booked for cr but with the fd they wouldnt include it on our standard room! we were honestly staying there mainly for convenience we have (a then) 8, 5, & 8 mon old thought being connected by mr would be best but o well! we just couldnt see paying 425 +tax a nite!!! anyways we are really looking forward to aoa now :-) we were wondering though how buses were? are there long waits? thanks so much for any info!! :-)

Absolutely no reason to believe that report..at least not word for word. Could there have been a bedbug issue? Sure. All it takes is one guest to come in with bugs on their luggage. Then, the bugs multiply and become a concern to the next guests. If they report it to Disney, it will be addressed. To say that Disney doesn't do anything about bedbugs is just ridiculous!!
I have stayed at WDW over 30 times in the past 10 years...have yet to see a bedbug...or any evidence of one. I've stayed at the values....no issue whatsoever.

Hi new to this thread! we are staying at aoa lion king suite in sept! we were originally booked for cr but with the fd they wouldnt include it on our standard room! we were honestly staying there mainly for convenience we have (a then) 8, 5, & 8 mon old thought being connected by mr would be best but o well! we just couldnt see paying 425 +tax a nite!!! anyways we are really looking forward to aoa now :-) we were wondering though how buses were? are there long waits? thanks so much for any info!! :-)

I have found that the buses are fine. I actually prefer them to other resorts' buses!! They are plentiful and make no other stops along the way. I stayed there last Dec and am looking forward to another stay in a month!!!
I love AoA. The theming is incredible. I loved just walking around the resort. All the different sections are incredible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter