Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We are now a Disney family of 6 and are looking into booking one of these rooms in June. I'm wanting to make sure my info is correct. My son was interested in Lion King, I kind of wanted Nemo, but since LK is less expensive was thinking about going with his pick. But based on the above videos and posts I couldn't tell if the LK room refurb is done yet. Do we know, is the LK refurb done or will it for sure be done in June? Because if there's any doubt about that I would just book a Nemo room to be certain we would get a refurbished room. I wanted the raised bed, etc, that wasn't shown in that video of the supposed refurbed, or half refurbed LK rooms I saw a few posts above.

I also thought I had noticed, based on photos I've seen, that the LK bathrooms/showers seem much more decorated than the Nemo ones with the sunset painting, etc. Is that the case, or am I not seeing current photos or enough photos? I just thought the nemo bathrooms looked kind bland compared to the LK ones, and wondered if anyone agreed or what other points of view there were. If we're staying at AOA we aren't expecting subtle theming like all of the deluxes, LOL, so I was looking for more color and theming not less.

Bumping my own post in case anyone knows or has any thoughts/input???

I also wondered, are there king beds in the LM rooms? Touringplans shows exactly 1, in Building 9 on the 3rd floor, but I'm assuming that is not correct. I love tp, but I know their bed configurations are not always correct. My DH and I are staying in a LM room without the kids coming up, and normally I would love a king bed. However, now that I see the renovations are underway, I'm wondering If I would rather request a renovated room as my first choice, as I doubt my chances of a renovated king room would be very good. Do we know when they expect to be done, and any guesses as to how many will be done by April 22?

I also wondered, are there king beds in the LM rooms? Touringplans shows exactly 1, in Building 9 on the 3rd floor, but I'm assuming that is not correct. I love tp, but I know their bed configurations are not always correct. My DH and I are staying in a LM room without the kids coming up, and normally I would love a king bed. However, now that I see the renovations are underway, I'm wondering If I would rather request a renovated room as my first choice, as I doubt my chances of a renovated king room would be very good. Do we know when they expect to be done, and any guesses as to how many will be done by April 22?

I'm in a Facebook group that has followed the refurbishments pretty closely and the owner of that group reports that the LK suites are all done. That's the only confirmation I've seen, so I really don't know FOR SURE. I do find that group fairly reliable though, fwiw. I haven't stayed in a LK suite, but I know we loved the colors and themeing in the Nemo suites! I mean, the tile in the shower and tub area is brown, but other than that the whole suite is pretty colorful.

LM rooms are just getting done now. I've seen photos of a refurbished room and assume that means there are at least a few available for guests. I have no idea how quickly they are moving through this renovation. We're just not getting a lot of reports from AOA compared to what we saw with the Pop and ASMovies renos. Even the music one has been better scouted than AOA! Wish I could be of more assistance. Oh, I'm sure there are King bedrooms in each LM building - not based on personal experience but more just what I know about all the value resorts.

I'm in a Facebook group that has followed the refurbishments pretty closely and the owner of that group reports that the LK suites are all done. That's the only confirmation I've seen, so I really don't know FOR SURE. I do find that group fairly reliable though, fwiw. I haven't stayed in a LK suite, but I know we loved the colors and themeing in the Nemo suites! I mean, the tile in the shower and tub area is brown, but other than that the whole suite is pretty colorful.

LM rooms are just getting done now. I've seen photos of a refurbished room and assume that means there are at least a few available for guests. I have no idea how quickly they are moving through this renovation. We're just not getting a lot of reports from AOA compared to what we saw with the Pop and ASMovies renos. Even the music one has been better scouted than AOA! Wish I could be of more assistance. Oh, I'm sure there are King bedrooms in each LM building - not based on personal experience but more just what I know about all the value resorts.
Thanks for the info! I kind of figured that the LK suites would be done, since they are doing LM, but I wanted confirmation. Hopefully soon we'll get photos, but I can't imagine they didn't get the same as the rest with raised beds, etc. I still don't know which to book, but LK is less money than Nemo so maybe I should just go with the kids. I just personally prefer blue and ocean to yellow and desert in general, honestly. I need to book soon, or I won't have a choice to make!

I kind of figured there were kings, and obviously more than one LOL. It isn't that big of a deal, normally we like king beds but Disney is the one place we've just never had them and I don't even think about getting one that much. I just randomly thought of it this trip since it was a value resort and just the 2 of us. I can't believe I'm saying this, because we usually travel with kids, but I wish they had gone the route of 1 real bed and 1 pull down bed like the other value renos, since it's just the 2 of us. I wouldn't be saying that if we wanted 4 in the room, though, since I don't like losing the table to the bed. I'll have to think about it, and see how far they have gotten with the renovations come April, but I might just request a renovated room and leave it at that, I'm thinking trying for a new room would be preferable to an old one with a king bed. Of course you know I'll get neither and just for good measure will also be the farthest from the main building you can be, haha.

About a month ago I saw someone staying in a LK building post on a message board/FB that work was being done on LK Building 6 while he was there. I also saw a moderator of a FB group post last week that all LK suites are refurbished. I have yet to see any photographs or videos of a refurbished LK suite. I don't count that video/photos from last July because I don't believe that is a "refurbished" suite since the only "refurbished" part of it is the floor. I really think it was just a sample room to try out the flooring. There had been no new paint scheme, no wall-mounted TV's, etc. like the other refurbished suites. While the refurbs in the LM rooms aren't exactly the same as the other value resorts, I don't think Disney would change out the TVs and repaint the walls in 2 types of suites but not the 3rd type all in the *same* resort. So I'm still a bit skeptical/cautious about whether the LK suites have all been refurbished. That being said, if the reports that they were working on building 6 last month are true (and honestly, that was the first time I saw anyone report that any work was being done on the LK suites), I would believe they will all be finished by June. And I do have a dog in this race...we're booked in a LK suite in June and I would like it to be refurbished (but I would like it to have carpeting. :D). As far as the bathroom decor, I do prefer the bathrooms in the LK suites over the Nemo suites, but my vacation was not ruined because of the bathroom color scheme at Nemo. I'm glad we tried a Nemo suite that visit, but we still prefer LK for reasons other than the colors in the bathroom and our stay in June will be our 4th in a LK suite. To us, the price difference really isn't worth it for a Nemo suite (though they do get a bonus point for being so close to the Skyliner station...but going out the back door of LK building 6 makes for a quick walk to Skyliner as well). The location of the LK buildings is fine with us. We don't do all that much swimming when we're there so it's not a problem to take a 30 second walk from our building to get to The Big Blue pool...or a 2 minute walk to the LM pool. We liked knowing we were close to the food court (for the refillable mugs) and close to the bus stops. Even when we stayed in a Nemo suite we requested (and got) building 5 so we would still be close to everything (some of the rooms in Building 4 would have felt like a real hike to the food court and bus stops compared to our awesome locations in the LK buildings).

I'd prefer a refurbished LM room with queen beds to a non-refurbished room with a King. There's no guarantee that you'd get either request, but your odds are much higher for getting a refurbished room than a king room. And maybe you'll get lucky and get both! There are definitely more than one king room in the LM buildings. Many of them are accessible rooms.

About a month ago I saw someone staying in a LK building post on a message board/FB that work was being done on LK Building 6 while he was there. I also saw a moderator of a FB group post last week that all LK suites are refurbished. I have yet to see any photographs or videos of a refurbished LK suite. I don't count that video/photos from last July because I don't believe that is a "refurbished" suite since the only "refurbished" part of it is the floor. I really think it was just a sample room to try out the flooring. There had been no new paint scheme, no wall-mounted TV's, etc. like the other refurbished suites. While the refurbs in the LM rooms aren't exactly the same as the other value resorts, I don't think Disney would change out the TVs and repaint the walls in 2 types of suites but not the 3rd type all in the *same* resort. So I'm still a bit skeptical/cautious about whether the LK suites have all been refurbished. That being said, if the reports that they were working on building 6 last month are true (and honestly, that was the first time I saw anyone report that any work was being done on the LK suites), I would believe they will all be finished by June. And I do have a dog in this race...we're booked in a LK suite in June and I would like it to be refurbished (but I would like it to have carpeting. :D). As far as the bathroom decor, I do prefer the bathrooms in the LK suites over the Nemo suites, but my vacation was not ruined because of the bathroom color scheme at Nemo. I'm glad we tried a Nemo suite that visit, but we still prefer LK for reasons other than the colors in the bathroom and our stay in June will be our 4th in a LK suite. To us, the price difference really isn't worth it for a Nemo suite (though they do get a bonus point for being so close to the Skyliner station...but going out the back door of LK building 6 makes for a quick walk to Skyliner as well). The location of the LK buildings is fine with us. We don't do all that much swimming when we're there so it's not a problem to take a 30 second walk from our building to get to The Big Blue pool...or a 2 minute walk to the LM pool. We liked knowing we were close to the food court (for the refillable mugs) and close to the bus stops. Even when we stayed in a Nemo suite we requested (and got) building 5 so we would still be close to everything (some of the rooms in Building 4 would have felt like a real hike to the food court and bus stops compared to our awesome locations in the LK buildings).

I'd prefer a refurbished LM room with queen beds to a non-refurbished room with a King. There's no guarantee that you'd get either request, but your odds are much higher for getting a refurbished room than a king room. And maybe you'll get lucky and get both! There are definitely more than one king room in the LM buildings. Many of them are accessible rooms.
Thanks, that was super helpful and all good into. I’m not sure which suite we’ll book, but I think I’ll just request a refurbished LM room and see if we get lucky. I had forgotten that most king rooms are also HA, and I don’t want one of those, so I’ll put all of my eggs in the refurbished room basket and see if we get it.

Am I remembering correctly that the suites are stocked with plasticware and paper plates and bowls? I would especially like confirmation about the bowls.

Last time we stayed there for just one night and didn't eat in the rooms so I don't remember what I saw. Plus, with the renovations and Disney's push to reduce waste, I was a little concerned they would stop providing these things. Thanks!

Am I remembering correctly that the suites are stocked with plasticware and paper plates and bowls? I would especially like confirmation about the bowls.

Last time we stayed there for just one night and didn't eat in the rooms so I don't remember what I saw. Plus, with the renovations and Disney's push to reduce waste, I was a little concerned they would stop providing these things. Thanks!
I think so?

I think so?
I saw a video walk-through of a refurbished Cars suite from last November and there were bowls in the kitchenette at the time, so I think we're good to go. I'd still take confirmation from anyone who has been there recently though! :)

Thanks for sharing. I saw a bunch of the rooms were closed off with permits in the windows as we flew by on the skyliner last week and was wondering what all they would do. Looks basically like hard flooring, queen beds, and fresh furniture. Wish they had done the bathrooms.

Thanks for sharing. I saw a bunch of the rooms were closed off with permits in the windows as we flew by on the skyliner last week and was wondering what all they would do. Looks basically like hard flooring, queen beds, and fresh furniture. Wish they had done the bathrooms.
We stayed in the wing next to the one which you saw. The entire 4 floors on that side were closed off. We could see painting being done and furnishings being returned to rooms.

We stayed in the wing next to the one which you saw. The entire 4 floors on that side were closed off. We could see painting being done and furnishings being returned to rooms.
Which building were they working on and when was this? I’m trying to get a feel for what will be done at the end of April, as I was hoping for a refurbished room but also kind of hoping to be closer to the main building (meaning not in building 9 ) if that would be possible. I might be greedy hoping for both!

Which building were they working on and when was this? I’m trying to get a feel for what will be done at the end of April, as I was hoping for a refurbished room but also kind of hoping to be closer to the main building (meaning not in building 9 ) if that would be possible. I might be greedy hoping for both!
My understanding is that building 8 is done. Building 7 is in progress and then building 9 will start and wrap up in May sometime. This is 3rd hand information from someone there a couple weeks ago who asked the construction workers.

Does anyone know if there is a place to store lugguage (for a few hours) after checking out of your room? (i.e. prior to picking up the rental car - check out is at 11:00, but we can only pick up the car at noon)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter