Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I'm so excited to hear about the LM room renovations. Even if they're just a little refresher it will still be nice. We'll be there at the very end of August so perhaps we'll get to see what's been done. :)

I googled for info on the renovations and found pictures of the Lion King suites. I don't know if I'm allowed to post other sites so I'll just recommend you google "Art of Animation Family Suite renovations" and you will easily find some.

Yes. Not sure if they have all been completed, but they started in July 2019.

Finding Nemo

Cars

I'm pretty sure that video of the "refurbished" LK suite was simply the sample/mock-up room they did before they started the actual refurbishments at the resort (and there were lots of reports indicating construction *started* in Cars). The only "new" thing that LK suite seems to have is the flooring. When comparing those pictures to the pictures of the Cars & Nemo suites that have been refurbished (and there are plenty of pictures of those 2 types of suites from several different sources), the LK suites are missing many of the upgrades/changes that occurred in Cars & Nemo. The things I noticed are: The queen bed in the master bedroom is on a pedestal/box like it's been since day 1. The new Cars & Nemo suites have those beds on platforms allowing for under bed storage like all the other renovated Value resort rooms. There is no change to the paint/color scheme in the LK suite -- it's the same as it has been since day 1. The new Cars & Nemo suites have gotten fresh paint with new color schemes/accent walls. The TVs in the LK suite are still setting on the dressers. The new Cars & Nemo suites have larger wall-mounted TVs. Oh, and the alarm clocks have been removed from Nemo & Cars but are still there in the LK suite. I'm sure there are probably other things as well, but those are the major ones I've noticed. I know people have reported over the last few weeks that the LK suites were being worked on in Bldg. 6, but I've yet to see any pictures of what I think is a fully refurbished LK suite (based on my feeling that the July 2019 pics are a single mock-up room that they used as a sample). Those are the only pictures that can be found of a "refurbished" LK suite (though they're used on various sites), yet it doesn't take long to find several different versions of pictures and videos of the Cars & Nemo suites. I find it hard to believe they would do all the same changes (platform bed, larger TVs, new paint scheme, etc.) in all 3 suite themes. I really think they're just working on LK now and either none have been completed or they've only been put back in inventory very recently and no one has posted pictures yet. JMO.

Can anyone advise.... are there any suits at aoa with three double or king sized beds? We are three adults and don't want any type of pull down bed or fold up bed, we also need one bed room to be shut off, ideally in its own room

thank you

Can anyone advise.... are there any suits at aoa with three double or king sized beds? We are three adults and don't want any type of pull down bed or fold up bed, we also need one bed room to be shut off, ideally in its own room

thank you

No. I don’t think so.

There is one bed in its own room. But one pull down bed and one fold up sofa bed in the main room.

thank you
Your best bet will be 2 rooms at a value resort.

thank you

The suites all have a queen bed in the master bedroom and the pull down bed and sofa bed are both doubles. Keep in mind that if you decide to get 2 rooms at a value resort, chances are pretty high that one of the beds in each of those rooms will be a pull down (unless you manage to get a room that hasn't been refurbished yet at ASMu, ASSp, or LM (depending on when you go, those resorts may all be refurbished). But the mattress on the pull-down bed is exactly the same as the mattress on the stationary bed in those rooms. And the mattress on the pull down bed in the AoA suites is also very comfortable and I'm guessing is the same as the mattress on the beds in all the other Value resorts. The mattress on the sofa bed is 6" thick -- so thicker than a normal sofa bed but not as thick as the other mattresses in the room. My adult kids have never complained about the comfort of it. YMMV.

thank you
There is one bed in a separate room as part of its own bed/bathroom. The main room has a couch in the living area and a table the entrance/bathroom area. The couch pulls out and the table folds into a pulldown Murphy bed.

We are now a Disney family of 6 and are looking into booking one of these rooms in June. I'm wanting to make sure my info is correct. My son was interested in Lion King, I kind of wanted Nemo, but since LK is less expensive was thinking about going with his pick. But based on the above videos and posts I couldn't tell if the LK room refurb is done yet. Do we know, is the LK refurb done or will it for sure be done in June? Because if there's any doubt about that I would just book a Nemo room to be certain we would get a refurbished room. I wanted the raised bed, etc, that wasn't shown in that video of the supposed refurbed, or half refurbed LK rooms I saw a few posts above.

I also thought I had noticed, based on photos I've seen, that the LK bathrooms/showers seem much more decorated than the Nemo ones with the sunset painting, etc. Is that the case, or am I not seeing current photos or enough photos? I just thought the nemo bathrooms looked kind bland compared to the LK ones, and wondered if anyone agreed or what other points of view there were. If we're staying at AOA we aren't expecting subtle theming like all of the deluxes, LOL, so I was looking for more color and theming not less.

The updates to the Little Mermaid Rooms: solid floor, Several different shades of blue, trying to look like water. Coffee maker in room. Platform beds (I think still full, not Queen). The nightstand has USB ports. The wall behind the bed is now a darker blue with some added Ariel’s tail themed item near the bed. Pump shampoo installed in bathroom. I don’t have pics, but they look very nice. Heavy theme was maintained and even enhanced a bit imo.

The updates to the Little Mermaid Rooms: solid floor, Several different shades of blue, trying to look like water. Coffee maker in room. Platform beds (I think still full, not Queen). The nightstand has USB ports. The wall behind the bed is now a darker blue with some added Ariel’s tail themed item near the bed. Pump shampoo installed in bathroom. I don’t have pics, but they look very nice. Heavy theme was maintained and even enhanced a bit imo.

Darn still not queens. Was really hoping for queen beds.

Its reaaaallly hard to tell from the pics. They may be Queen. They have added to the old headboards to comparison to old pics is tricky. But the beds look quite small compared to Pop or Movies pics.

Where are you seeing pics?

ETA: Nevermind. Found them on a FB group.

Does anyone know if the beds in the refurbed LM rooms are both down all the time (stationary) or if one is a Murphy bed, similar to how Pop or Movies renovated rooms are? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter