• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I have it figured that there is a 50/50 chance because Nemo rooms are likely not included or would be full already - unless there is a reason that more people would prefer a Cars room. I figure the Lion King is probably more popular with all kids, and the only reason we care to have a Cars room is for the car-crazy boy. If my girls cared they'd choose Nemo or lion King for sure.

Newbie question here! I've been reading that Disney sometimes offers upgrades for different reasons. IF you're offered an upgrade, do you have to pay the difference or is it typically a free upgrade?

If they say you've been upgraded to xxx type room, no charge. Or if they don't say anything and when you get to your room and realize you've been upgraded, no charge. If you ask to be upgraded they will tell you what the price difference will be.

I called the Art of Animation number (407 938 7000) and the girl there put me through to the general réservations number (407 939 1936) so if you want to call to request a building or room or anything not on the check-in form, I guess that is the one to call. She said they don't do réservations stuff, it is all central.

The CM checked and said that there was no availability for those dates, but he put the request on my reservation form and said if one becomes available they will try to meet our request.

Now, I also checked the website for my dates and there are Cars rooms available. So I am hopeful that the 'no availability' means that we don't get to pick for my type of package (Free Dining) not that all of the actual rooms are full. I think they will assign us a room based on what is available when the date arrives. For the record, he didn't say what kind of room was available either.

Oh, and Touring plans has a fax form we can fill out for very specific rooms - is it better to ask for a very specific area, or just say anywhere in Cars. Are there elevators? Because we'd make a ground floor request if not.

I've read a lot of success stories with the Touring Plans fax service. They just started it several months ago but it seems like people get either the exact room they request or something very close to it. I don't think it would hurt to try it..what's the worst that can happen???

I called the Art of Animation number (407 938 7000) and the girl there put me through to the general réservations number (407 939 1936) so if you want to call to request a building or room or anything not on the check-in form, I guess that is the one to call. She said they don't do réservations stuff, it is all central.

The CM checked and said that there was no availability for those dates, but he put the request on my reservation form and said if one becomes available they will try to meet our request.

Now, I also checked the website for my dates and there are Cars rooms available. So I am hopeful that the 'no availability' means that we don't get to pick for my type of package (Free Dining) not that all of the actual rooms are full. I think they will assign us a room based on what is available when the date arrives. For the record, he didn't say what kind of room was available either.

If you get to check-in and don't have a Cars room, you can always ask if there are any available. And if there aren't, don't worry, the Lion King rooms are great! They're nice and close to both the food court and bus stops. I originally booked us in a Cars suite for our first stay because that's what I thought the kids would like the best between LK & Cars. When I told them during the drive there that I had booked a Cars room they were really disappointed -- they wanted LK (go figure). So at check-in, I asked if there was a Lion King suite available that was close to the food court & bus stops and there was. In fact, I think there were many available -- I only ever saw one other family on our entire wing during that stay. We really loved the location (we were literally 2 minutes from Landscape of Flavors and about 4 minutes from the bus stops.). Now, I will say that Cars is my favorite section to look at -- especially at night. The landscaping and theming is fabulous. So even if you don't end up with a room there, I would definitely plan a time to walk over there in the evening and maybe go for a dip in the pool.

Thanks, we will certainly enjoy visiting the Cars area even if we don't get a room there.

I tried sending the Touring Plan fax - it opened in a new window, empty except for a spinning icon indicating something was loading. I assumed it would format the page for me to print or fax myself, but nothing happened, it just kept spinning so I closed it and called instead. Do they fax it for you or is it supposed to be printed and faxed?

It sounds like a lot of people weren't able to get a specific type of suite guaranteed with the free dining promo. I guess we were super lucky because we have the Cars suite booked with the promo. So excited about staying there this fall!

We will be staying in a Lion King suite with free dining during early September. I can't wait!

Is there any place at the resort where we will be able to print off our boarding passes before our flight home?

If they say you've been upgraded to xxx type room, no charge. Or if they don't say anything and when you get to your room and realize you've been upgraded, no charge. If you ask to be upgraded they will tell you what the price difference will be.

Ok great! Thank you so much!

We just made our reservation to stay at AOA for the first time in May 2016. My friend is joining me along with her husband and adult daughter. They have never been to WDW so it will be fun to show them around and see their reaction. We booked a Lion King room. Any advice on which are to request?

I'd request "Building 10, close to Animation Hall." That would put you very close to the food court, bus stops and Nemo pool. I like being at the ends of the buildings because you can take the stairs. Happy planning!

I tried sending the Touring Plan fax - it opened in a new window, empty except for a spinning icon indicating something was loading. I assumed it would format the page for me to print or fax myself, but nothing happened, it just kept spinning so I closed it and called instead. Do they fax it for you or is it supposed to be printed and faxed?

They fax it for you--It should open up and let you edit if you want to. Sounds like a glitch in the website--I'd try again later and/or with a different browser.

I'm using the TouringPlans request service for my trip at the end of September, so I'll report back then about whether it worked.

I'd request "Building 10, close to Animation Hall." That would put you very close to the food court, bus stops and Nemo pool. I like being at the ends of the buildings because you can take the stairs. Happy planning!

I agree -- this is an awesome location. So close to everything. And it's really convenient if you drive because you can park right next to the building -- the parking lot is never very full. Makes it very easy to load and unload the car.

For luggage transfers from AOA to BC, do we have to call front desk and wait in room? Or can we take it to lobby area for bell services ourselves?

Thank you LaurEm378 !!! I didn't want to be stuck up in the room waiting!!

You're welcome ocalla! If you have a lot of stuff, you can go down to the bell desk and borrow a cart. That's what I do, and it's still a lot quicker than waiting for them to come up! :)

Do the fridges have a freezer part or just the fridge? My boys love frozen waffles in the mornings for breakfast but if there is no freezer then we need to get something else. Thanks!

Do the fridges have a freezer part or just the fridge? My boys love frozen waffles in the mornings for breakfast but if there is no freezer then we need to get something else. Thanks!

This blog post has pictures of the suites. The freezer compartment of the refrigerator is very small. I don't think a box of waffles would fit in it. Also there is no toaster in the room.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/07/art-of-animation-resort-kitchenettes-and-room-service-menu/

If I want a specific building in the theme I already chose, do I need to call and make a request? For online check in, the choices are only views? Do they ever grant specific building number requests? I wonder if I even have a shot of getting my request granted because we check in on a Wednesday (bunch of people ahead of us on Sun-Tues).

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter