Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks so much! Is there any disadvantage to a lockoff 1-BR vs. a dedicated 1-BR?

There's no such thing as a 1-BR lockoff. There are 2-BR lockoffs which are a 1BR and a Studio connected together by an interior door. But a 1-BR is just a 1-BR.

There's no such thing as a 1-BR lockoff. There are 2-BR lockoffs which are a 1BR and a Studio connected together by an interior door. But a 1-BR is just a 1-BR.
Sorry, I am new to this terminology, so I should have phrased it better. Is there any difference between the 1-BR rooms that CAN be part of a lockoff vs. those that are dedicated 1-BR only? I assume those that can be part of a lockoff have an adjoining door somewhere in the room? Does this change the layout of the room at all? Make it noisier? Just wondering.

Sorry, I am new to this terminology, so I should have phrased it better. Is there any difference between the 1-BR rooms that CAN be part of a lockoff vs. those that are dedicated 1-BR only? I assume those that can be part of a lockoff have an adjoining door somewhere in the room? Does this change the layout of the room at all? Make it noisier? Just wondering.

Gotcha, I understand what you're asking now. :thumbsup2 Other than having the connecting door, which could make it noisier, I don't think there's any difference.

If you booked a Pool/Garden view room at Boardwalk Villas, I would suggest requesting a Village Green view :cloud9: I had a studio there in May and it was fabulous :yay: It overlooked the Boardwalk porch, the Village Green area which is now AstroTurf and looks great and I even could see Crescent Lake :love:...
....how far of a walk was your room from everything? I have 2 bad knees and, after all that walking around the parks, the last thing I want is another long walk to my room....

....I noticed that, in some of the photos the floors are carpeted and some of them are wood(or maybe laminate?). Was a refurb going on, and if so, are all the rooms now carpeted, or are they wood?

Just got an email saying that there 'might be' construction going on while I am there. Anyone know what is being done?

Fairly sure it's related to the gondola system they are installing. I know it affects both the Hess station area across from BW and the International Gateway. I think it may also affect parts of Crescent Lake.

There may be other painting/maintenance type work as well- not sure.

Gotcha, I understand what you're asking now. :thumbsup2 Other than having the connecting door, which could make it noisier, I don't think there's any difference.

We've stayed in both many times over 20 years and have never noticed a difference in noise or anything else. The doorway between 1-BR and studio is closed with a double door (so can close & lock one or both) which probably reduces the likelihood of noise from one unit being heard in the other.

Fairly sure it's related to the gondola system they are installing. I know it affects both the Hess station area across from BW and the International Gateway. I think it may also affect parts of Crescent Lake.

There may be other painting/maintenance type work as well- not sure.

The Hess is now a Speedway

....I noticed that, in some of the photos the floors are carpeted and some of them are wood(or maybe laminate?). Was a refurb going on, and if so, are all the rooms now carpeted, or are they wood?

Hi yes there was a refurb going on when we stayed there last August . We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa and had the laminate "wood" floor.

....not that I'm a germaphobe or anything, but I tend to walk barefoot, so I'm glad about the wood....

We were talking about our first stay at the Boardwalk coming up in November last night, and were wondering whether we need to worry about requesting any specific room. We have a 1BR Villa, supposedly with a "pool/garden" view. We would prefer not to be in a noisy lobby, and would prefer to have a balcony ... but outside of that, is there anything specific we should think about asking for ? We won't spend a ton of time in the room, but are there any rooms in that category that look vaguely out onto the Boardwalk or towards Epcot, as opposed to over the Clown Pool ?

Also, when should you make such a request ? We were wondering if we do the early checkin, and if they had a place for room requests there, or if we should call down and have our reservation (made through a DVC member for us) marked with a request ?

I'm laughing at myself as this was supposed to be a low-key surprise trip for the kids, but the wife and I are having so much fun talking about getting back down there, we're spending a ton of time discussing every detail, lol.

We were talking about our first stay at the Boardwalk coming up in November last night, and were wondering whether we need to worry about requesting any specific room. We have a 1BR Villa, supposedly with a "pool/garden" view. We would prefer not to be in a noisy lobby, and would prefer to have a balcony.....
....I'm guessing that obviously the lakeview lst floor rooms don't have a balcony (more like a patio?), but not all the rooms have balconies? :confused3

All the villas have a balcony or a patio (if first floor). You will be looking over the clown pool, the community hall/quiet pool, or the canal.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter