• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone know what kind of coffee maker is in the garden cottages? We have an early flight and will have to leave before the lounge opens. I'll take some DD Kcups if there is a Keurig, or is there anyplace to get coffee before 6 AM?

Does anyone know what kind of coffee maker is in the garden cottages? We have an early flight and will have to leave before the lounge opens. I'll take some DD Kcups if there is a Keurig, or is there anyplace to get coffee before 6 AM?

No Keurig. It's the 2-cup Cuisinart. The coffee in the room is Joffreys which is the same as in the lounge.

No Keurig. It's the 2-cup Cuisinart. The coffee in the room is Joffreys which is the same as in the lounge.
Thank you. We never make coffee in the room so this will be the first time we use any of the coffee makers. Good to hear it is Joffreys. :yay:

Does anyone know if the Screen Door General Store sells hard boiled eggs? I like to have some protein in the morning but want to make it quick. I don't think the Bellevue Lounge sells egg breakfast sandwiches?

No, the Screen Door doesn't sell hard boiled eggs, and the Bellevue Lounge only serves pastries, etc. but the Boardwalk Bakery does sell yummy bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches!

Thanks Pete W.! I was hoping for fewer steps in the morning. Any other Epcot resort sell them? I'm only staying 4 nights so I could make a stop and stock up. I' won't have a car for a grocery run.

No, the Screen Door doesn't sell hard boiled eggs, and the Bellevue Lounge only serves pastries, etc. but the Boardwalk Bakery does sell yummy bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches!

When we were there last summer they had the same breakfast sandwich mentioned above available in the Bellvue Lounge as well. Don't know if it was just a seasonal thing or not, but almost every pastry/sandwich/etc. they had at the Boardwalk Bakery was also available in the Bellvue Lounge. The CM told me it was all from the same "kitchen". So I just kept going to the Lounge to get my family's breakfast. Although I probably could have used the exercise walking to the Bakery as much as I ate that week!

Thanks Pete W.! I was hoping for fewer steps in the morning. Any other Epcot resort sell them? I'm only staying 4 nights so I could make a stop and stock up. I' won't have a car for a grocery run.

I don't know of any resort that sells hard boiled eggs, but we rarely stay anywhere other than the Boardwalk Villas which is our DVC home resort. But at least it sounds like you may indeed be able to score breakfast sandwiches at the Bellevue Lounge, per bmahokie. That wasn't our experience during our last trip so maybe it is a seasonal thing.

The Yacht club has a new quick service/convenience store which is pretty big with a lot more choices then Beach Club and Boardwalk.

You may want to try there.

Can some kind person send me in the right direction for the map that shows the room locations by category for the villas? Please and thank you!

Can some kind person send me in the right direction for the map that shows the room locations by category for the villas? Please and thank you!

Go to Post #8 on the first page, then scroll down to "BWV Views/Location Chart". Not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for.

Just booked standard club level for December. Can anyone recommend a good room number for a partial Epcot fireworks view? Thanks!

Just booked standard club level for December. Can anyone recommend a good room number for a partial Epcot fireworks view? Thanks!

Instead of requesting a room by number, it's best to describe what you're looking for. I would word your request "Epcot Fireworks View". There's usually more than 1 room for any given want so by describing what you want you up your chances significantly.

Just back from one night BWV studio, 3 nights BW Inn. BW Inn was standard, and room was 2nd floor (which is the floor you enter on), a few rooms from the Belle View lounge. Our view was the back of lattice fences, that line the driveway where you pull up outside on the right. It was pretty great, surprisingly quiet (not near park bus stop), and so close to the lobby and lounge. We booked standard, so it was standard view, lol. Room ready by 1 pm. Yay. Requested upper floor for both rooms, got the 2 floor (lobby level) for both.

One small but annoying point, coming home from After Hours at MK, we were bus stop #5. Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, then BW! We had a great time overall, for such a short stay. My only real downer there was the lack of a QS location. The pool was CLOSED so the only place for soft drink refills was the bakery. For the entire BWV and BWI. Belle View only has coffee in the morning, (I think) for the refill mugs (I do not drink coffee). So I think they need another refill station, and even more missed, was a QS location. It was enough for me to avoid BW in the future, for the most part. (My home resort is BCV but I have not stayed there in over 10 years-- they at least have some sort of QS, limited but it is something, and Yacht has the new one too). We had lunch at WL, and stayed at CC last October. What a difference, SO many options.

I know, most here are huge BW fans, and it is not like I hate it there, it is beautiful and location is great. Just my 2 cents.

Just back from one night BWV studio, 3 nights BW Inn. BW Inn was standard, and room was 2nd floor (which is the floor you enter on), a few rooms from the Belle View lounge. Our view was the back of lattice fences, that line the driveway where you pull up outside on the right. It was pretty great, surprisingly quiet (not near park bus stop), and so close to the lobby and lounge. We booked standard, so it was standard view, lol. Room ready by 1 pm. Yay. Requested upper floor for both rooms, got the 2 floor (lobby level) for both.

One small but annoying point, coming home from After Hours at MK, we were bus stop #5. Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, then BW! We had a great time overall, for such a short stay. My only real downer there was the lack of a QS location. The pool was CLOSED so the only place for soft drink refills was the bakery. For the entire BWV and BWI. Belle View only has coffee in the morning, (I think) for the refill mugs (I do not drink coffee). So I think they need another refill station, and even more missed, was a QS location. It was enough for me to avoid BW in the future, for the most part. (My home resort is BCV but I have not stayed there in over 10 years-- they at least have some sort of QS, limited but it is something, and Yacht has the new one too). We had lunch at WL, and stayed at CC last October. What a difference, SO many options.

I know, most here are huge BW fans, and it is not like I hate it there, it is beautiful and location is great. Just my 2 cents.
I would have gotten off the bus at the Swan and walked back to the BW.

Does anyone know if the Screen Door General Store sells hard boiled eggs?

They don't. But if you order groceries from Garden Grocers, they sell Eggland's Best Hard Cooked Eggs. We ordered two bags for our trip this past week. I was skeptical, but they were fine. More well cooked than I usually do my hardboiled eggs, but otherwise fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter