• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Another coffee question here - does anyone know if the grand villas have the Keurigs? We'll be a mix of decaf\caff & will be so much easier to make it by the cup.

We booked one of the Boardwalk Inn cottages (aka garden room club level I think) today for the fall. :woohoo: We’ve always wanted to stay in one of those. Our own little home at the BW! Looking forward to it!

This is my ultimate dream for a WDW trip! Enjoy...and hopefully let us know how you liked it when you get back! :)

The GV that we stayed in just had a regular Mr Coffee style coffee maker (10-12 cup) that requires basket style flat bottom filters.

The GV that we stayed in just had a regular Mr Coffee style coffee maker (10-12 cup) that requires basket style flat bottom filters.

Thank you for the info. Why does it take them so long to keep up with the latest & greatest technology! :)

Well what started out as our first offsite trip staying with friends, has morphed into something completely different!

Our first arrangement had us staying with friends at their timeshare offsite from 4/7-4/14, which we were looking forward to as it would finally give us the excuse to actually relax on vacation and to see other things outside of the World.

A couple of weeks later, we found out that another family would be joining us, and rather than try to jam us all in, we said we would try to book a DVC villa and stay onsite, giving everyone a home base in case they didn't want to actually leave the property. We were able to grab a 1BR near the Hospitality House at OKW. We weren't exactly thrilled with the idea of possibly exploring the need for a vehicle, but we were kinda looking forward to the extra space and staying at OKW for the first time.

Fast forward to this past Monday, I was stalking the DVC members site about the possibility of snagging a studio at the Poly, when lo and behold, a 1 BR opened up at BWV! SO PSYCHED!!!! And since we found a great airfare if we left a day early, we'll be knocking Port Orleans French Quarter off of our list!

My only question....does any one have any thoughts on the best view out of the standard view rooms? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're at the Boardwalk, but we didn't have quite enough points for a preferred view. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations??

snip
My only question....does any one have any thoughts on the best view out of the standard view rooms? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're at the Boardwalk, but we didn't have quite enough points for a preferred view. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations??

As others have also recommended in response to similar questions, I suggest "high floor across from bus stop." This gives you the possibility of seeing the Illuminations fireworks from your balcony, puts you further from the elevators which also means you're not near the front entrance which can be noisy, and you'll also be close to the bus stop (via stairs). Best overall combo for SV unless someone in your party can't do stairs and would therefore be better off near the elevators.

snip

As others have also recommended in response to similar questions, I suggest "high floor across from bus stop." This gives you the possibility of seeing the Illuminations fireworks from your balcony, puts you further from the elevators which also means you're not near the front entrance which can be noisy, and you'll also be close to the bus stop (via stairs). Best overall combo for SV unless someone in your party can't do stairs and would therefore be better off near the elevators.

I don't mind the noise so much. I just want to minimize the mile long trek back to the villa with a baby and stroller in tow...

We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time this summer. I was wondering if anyone could help with room location. For some reason, I feel very overwhelmed with the layout of the hotel. lol I would like a room either garden or BW view not too far from the pool. Is that the villa side or the Inn side? Where does each section begin? Also what is the Village Green location I've been reading about? Thanks for any help?

We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time this summer. I was wondering if anyone could help with room location. For some reason, I feel very overwhelmed with the layout of the hotel. lol I would like a room either garden or BW view not too far from the pool. Is that the villa side or the Inn side? Where does each section begin? Also what is the Village Green location I've been reading about? Thanks for any help?
The Village Green is usually referred to for BWVillas garden/pool studios. Are you in the Villas or in the Inn?

Can anyone here tell me if BWI has a short-cut entrance/exit we can take when walking over to Epcot (rather than using their main entrance). The Beach Club has a door to the outside on the side of their building closest to the IG, which saves both time and walking. So I was hoping the Boardwalk had something like that as well.

Can anyone here tell me if BWI has a short-cut entrance/exit we can take when walking over to Epcot (rather than using their main entrance). The Beach Club has a door to the outside on the side of their building closest to the IG, which saves both time and walking. So I was hoping the Boardwalk had something like that as well.
Unfortunately they don’t. You must go down the steps next to Belle View Lounge to get out to the boardwalk to head to Epcot.

I don't mind the noise so much. I just want to minimize the mile long trek back to the villa with a baby and stroller in tow...
Been there done that when our kids were younger! If you'll be spending a lot of time at Epcot then you'd want high floor near elevator to minimize the walk inside BWV. But if you're talking about the walk back from the bus stop when you're returning from the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom (or walking back from DHS) then stay with the 'high floor across from bus stop' if you don't mind carrying the stroller up the stairs which are just across from the bus stop. This is what we used to do and it worked well for us.

Just got back from a 5 night stay at a Boardwalk Villa studio and we loved it. We actually didn’t really do much at the resort itself but it’s all about the location. It’s such a nice area around the Boardwalk and being between two parks is obviously a huge plus. I wish it was a longer trip because I would have liked to take the time and just have a day to just hang around the resort and relax. Either way it’s the best resort I’ve stayed at yet. Which isn’t saying much cause it was only my 2nd trip to WDW and my first time I stayed at AsM. Not saying AsM was bad by any means but there’s a reason why some hotels are Deluxe and some are Value.

We’ll see how the Boardwalk holds up at the end of this year for me. I got 2 more trips lined up. One at Coronado Springs and another at POR.

The Village Green is usually referred to for BWVillas garden/pool studios. Are you in the Villas or in the Inn?
We haven't booked the room yet. We would like to be near the main pool and wasn't sure to request the Villas or the Inn. We are a family of 3. Thanks for any input you can give me!

We haven't booked the room yet. We would like to be near the main pool and wasn't sure to request the Villas or the Inn. We are a family of 3. Thanks for any input you can give me!
The DVC villas are one side of the resort, the Inn is on the other. There is a quiet pool on the Inn side. There is the main pool and a quiet pool on the villas side.
Denise

My apologies ahead of time if this is posted somewhere and I'm just not finding it.

My DH and I are taking an anniversary trip in September 2018 and will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn. It is our first time there, and we are planning to splurge on club Level. I know the club lounge is on the fourth floor, and I can find maps that help me "see" which rooms are considered club level and where they are placed in the resort itself, but I have yet to find where in the resort the club lounge is location (e.g., near which room numbers?).

Does anyone know (or know where I can find the information)?

TIA!

My apologies ahead of time if this is posted somewhere and I'm just not finding it.

My DH and I are taking an anniversary trip in September 2018 and will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn. It is our first time there, and we are planning to splurge on club Level. I know the club lounge is on the fourth floor, and I can find maps that help me "see" which rooms are considered club level and where they are placed in the resort itself, but I have yet to find where in the resort the club lounge is location (e.g., near which room numbers?).

Does anyone know (or know where I can find the information)?

TIA!

Go to touring plans.com and search for Boardwalk Inn rooms. Put in for standard queen club level rooms and it will highlight the rooms on the fourth floor. For reference, room 4235 is across the hall from the lounge. Room 4232 is on the same side next to the lounge. The lounge faces the quiet pool and you will be able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from the club level balcony.. it will not be highlighted red but will remain white.

Can a 14-year-old boy sleep comfortably in the pull down bed in Deluxe studio villa? I was told an adult could sleep comfortably on it. Starting to worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter