Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you! This is a relief. My boys do not want to share the double bed.
I figured that if my son thought it was too small that he could sleep in the queen bed with his dad and I would take the pull down. But he loved it. It is so comfy. Wait until you see the couch bed. It is like a foam mattress and opens very differently than regular couch beds. Even the queen bed was so great. We usually cannot wait to get home to our beds, but at the villas, we did not even think about it. Enjoy your trip.

Hi all, I am throughly confused on how to get to the level of the boardwalk. We are staying club level and have will have a scooter. Per a co worker we have to go down the elevators to 1st floor then off. And go to the lobby elevator and up one floor. Get off snd go to the elevator marked Boardwalk level and go down one floor and then get out and go outside. That is 3 rides an an elevator. I know an FP (HA) isn't necessary for the elevators rides, but is this co worker correct? She said it is because of the ECV. Can anyone here confirm because I think something doesn't sound right. Thanks

Hi all, I am throughly confused on how to get to the level of the boardwalk. We are staying club level and have will have a scooter. Per a co worker we have to go down the elevators to 1st floor then off. And go to the lobby elevator and up one floor. Get off snd go to the elevator marked Boardwalk level and go down one floor and then get out and go outside. That is 3 rides an an elevator. I know an FP (HA) isn't necessary for the elevators rides, but is this co worker correct? She said it is because of the ECV. Can anyone here confirm because I think something doesn't sound right. Thanks

I don't think that's right. I went one year with my mother (she used a wheelchair). I know you had to go to 2 (the lobby) then go to the other elevator to get to the boardwalk. I'm pretty sure we didn't use three elevator trips...that would have really irked me!

I don't think that's right. I went one year with my mother (she used a wheelchair). I know you had to go to 2 (the lobby) then go to the other elevator to get to the boardwalk. I'm pretty sure we didn't use three elevator trips...that would have really irked me!

I agree with @auntfrannie. You will have to take the Inn side elevator down to 2, which is the lobby, then go through the lobby to the elevator on the Villas side. Take that one down to 1st floor, which is the Boardwalk level. Yes, awkward, but there’s no other route for a scooter or wheelchair.

I agree with @auntfrannie. You will have to take the Inn side elevator down to 2, which is the lobby, then go through the lobby to the elevator on the Villas side. Take that one down to 1st floor, which is the Boardwalk level. Yes, awkward, but there’s no other route for a scooter or wheelchair.
No need to go through the lobby to villa side to get to the boardwalk. Take elevator from 2nd floor that is located to the left just after you pass the staircase to go down if walking on the Inn side.

No need to go through the lobby to villa side to get to the boardwalk. Take elevator from 2nd floor that is located to the left just after you pass the staircase to go down if walking on the Inn side.

I was just going to say the same thing mexi :goodvibes...

Also...lol..If you take the main elevator in either Inn or vacation club side all the way down to the first floor..the exit opens into the inner courtyard...which is the garden cottage...quiet pool area...when you exit the main elevator on the 2nd floor ...it brings you to the lobby level of the resort...and then either the inner staircase right next to the Bellevue Lounge..or the other elevator..only steps away from that...will take out out to the boardwalk side exits...its easy to navigate...even tho it sounds a little confusing...::yes::

Also...lol..If you take the main elevator in either Inn or vacation club side all the way down to the first floor..the exit opens into the inner courtyard...which is the garden cottage...quiet pool area...when you exit the main elevator on the 2nd floor ...it brings you to the lobby level of the resort...and then either the inner staircase right next to the Bellevue Lounge..or the other elevator..only steps away from that...will take out out to the boardwalk side exits...its easy to navigate...even tho it sounds a little confusing...::yes::

Thanks for improving my knowledge of BW! We’ve always stayed in the villas and never knew that elevator existed!

This one is not completely correct. If you take the Villas (DVC) elevators down to 1, you end up by the main clown pool, and from there you can walk around the gym out to the BW. But you can only get to the Villas elevator from the Inn side by going across the lobby at 2.

Villa side
1- BW/main pool
2- lobby
3+ rooms

Inn side main elevators
1- quiet pool (no BW access)
2- lobby
3+ rooms

Inn side special elevator
1- BW to the left of the stairs looking at them (straight back from flying fish)
2- Near Belle vue lounge
* No access to floors 3 or higher

Simple, right?

This one is not completely correct. If you take the Villas (DVC) elevators down to 1, you end up by the main clown pool, and from there you can walk around the gym out to the BW. But you can only get to the Villas elevator from the Inn side by going across the lobby at 2.

Villa side
1- BW/main pool
2- lobby
3+ rooms
And you don't wind up outside on the Villas side. You wind up in a small lobby near the villas laundry, the entrance to the exercise facility, the exit to the Village Green or the exit to Luna Park.

Psac and Deb & Bill thanks for the clarification :goodvibes....and detailed directions too ..I thought I had taken the DVC elevator out to the courtyard on the quiet pool side...:confused3...oops! Evidently. .I don't have a great memory ...or sense of direction...lol...:blush:....and CarolynFH although some of the directions sound confusing..the resort ..both Inn and DVC side are not difficult to navigate at all..:goodvibes...although I think you were pretty familiar with the DVC side already...:flower:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! First time staying at BWI March 7-13 in a garden view room. We go as a family at least once a year and i am an AP holder. DH requested BWI this trip - we call him grumpy and leave him at home alot so when he said he would go if we stayed BWI i jumped on the opportunity. We typically stay Kidani, Poly and the girls and i enjoyed CSR last March. Since we are 5 we will get the pull down bed, when i look at touring plans room locator they don't show alot of choices for the garden view rooms with 5, i know they aren't always reliable but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on room locations. I have gone back several pages to catch up with

Hi everyone! First time staying at BWI March 7-13 in a garden view room. We go as a family at least once a year and i am an AP holder. DH requested BWI this trip - we call him grumpy and leave him at home alot so when he said he would go if we stayed BWI i jumped on the opportunity. We typically stay Kidani, Poly and the girls and i enjoyed CSR last March. Since we are 5 we will get the pull down bed, when i look at touring plans room locator they don't show alot of choices for the garden view rooms with 5, i know they aren't always reliable but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on room locations. I have gone back several pages to catch up with
Are you booking BWVillas studio with the murphy bed or BWI with the daybed?

Hey everyone, got back a few days ago from a 3 night stay. We booked a passholder room only garden view room. The morning of check-in (before we got our room number text) I noticed the description in MDE changed to 'Deluxe Room - Club Level'. By 9:30am I got the text of our room number 3255, which is indeed a deluxe club level room with a Boardwalk view. To say I was blown away is an understatement. The last few years we have stayed at the Poly DVC villa and last year at the Boardwalk Villa. This blew those two away. The room size was fantastic and the view was incredible. We were right above the Abracadabar and would sit out each night with some drinks and watch the Happily Ever After fireworks and the Boardwalk performers. The club lounge was also very nice. I don't know why we got this upgrade but it was awesome and we loved it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have a question. I am not a DVC member, but I decided to book through Disney to say at the Boardwalk Villas because the price was better than to stay at the regular Boardwalk room. I booked it myself, a studio, through the Disney website. I did not purchase any sort of timeshare or anything like that, just a Disney Magic Your Way package the way I have always done.

So, my question is will there be anything essentially different between me staying in the studio at the Villa vs. if I had booked for more money and stayed at the BoardWalk's regular room? I have been researching it all over the web, but I wanted to ask here to see if I missed something.

The one thing I was most concerned about was housekeeping because I hear different things and I think I have the story right. I know that DVC members get scarce housekeeping - just a couple of times visit for a long vacation, unless they pay for more, but if I have my understanding right, since I booked a package the normal way with Disney, I get the normal daily housekeeping, right? It's hard to get concrete confirmation on this, so other than calling Disney, which I could do, I thought I would ask you guys. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker if I don't get the daily mousekeeping, though I would prefer it. My trip is a 10 day one.

But anyway, it just seemed like a no-brainer to save a couple of hundred bucks and stay at the Villas instead of the regular Boardwalk, especially when the studio seems very nice in the pics. But anyway, I'd appreciate anyone who could help illuminate if there are any major differences to doing a Magic Your Way package at the Villas at Boardwalk vs. the regular Boardwalk.

Hi everyone. I have a question. I am not a DVC member, but I decided to book through Disney to say at the Boardwalk Villas because the price was better than to stay at the regular Boardwalk room. I booked it myself, a studio, through the Disney website. I did not purchase any sort of timeshare or anything like that, just a Disney Magic Your Way package the way I have always done.

So, my question is will there be anything essentially different between me staying in the studio at the Villa vs. if I had booked for more money and stayed at the BoardWalk's regular room? I have been researching it all over the web, but I wanted to ask here to see if I missed something.

The one thing I was most concerned about was housekeeping because I hear different things and I think I have the story right. I know that DVC members get scarce housekeeping - just a couple of times visit for a long vacation, unless they pay for more, but if I have my understanding right, since I booked a package the normal way with Disney, I get the normal daily housekeeping, right? It's hard to get concrete confirmation on this, so other than calling Disney, which I could do, I thought I would ask you guys. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker if I don't get the daily mousekeeping, though I would prefer it. My trip is a 10 day one.

But anyway, it just seemed like a no-brainer to save a couple of hundred bucks and stay at the Villas instead of the regular Boardwalk, especially when the studio seems very nice in the pics. But anyway, I'd appreciate anyone who could help illuminate if there are any major differences to doing a Magic Your Way package at the Villas at Boardwalk vs. the regular Boardwalk.

You will receive daily Mousekeeping because you booked through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter