• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

View attachment 308271

@Tommyc909 Thank you for asking this question. I didn't know that there is no bus to Epcot front gate from BWI. So we can study the map and compare our notes, I posted Robo's map here, as suggested by @CarolynFH. I have heard the lines at International Gate are much shorter in the morning. Perhaps you can get into Epcot faster than those through the main gate. But I have also heard that those through the main gate would be let in early and held at Space Earth. So if you really need to get in early, perhaps you can Uber to the front gate. My friends did it last summer and the ride cost only $6....

A question for others: according to the map above, from IG to Test Track, is there at path in between the Mexico and Odessy building to get to TT?

Thanks for such a detailed post! An Uber of Lyft are a great idea...Having entered Epcot via both entrances..the International Gateway is far less crowded any time of the day...

DH, DD and I are all set to be at BWI May 10-16. We are staying CL because we had the very happy news that DD is expecting for the first time, and we thought it would be nice to have a place for her to rest and snack easily.

This is our first stay at BWI. Super excited!!

:dogdance::yay::banana::stitch:

Congrats!!! BWI CL is top notch....Enjoy! :goodvibes

Quick question...if there is such a thing:). We stayed last December, BWI, Club level deluxe, room 4227. Nice room, great view, but balcony seemed really small. Loved that we were almost directly across the hall from the club lounge. We just got back, this time stayed YC, club level deluxe. Amazing room...have to admit to liking the plank floors and glass shower doors v.s. old carpeting and stinky shower curtains...but I digress. While the room rocked, the club lounge couldn't compare to that of the Boardwalk Inn. We're comin' back to the Boardwalk baby! After many boat trips this past week, viewing the Boardwalk, I'm trying to figure out if I should request 3rd floor BWI club level deluxe. Lots of balconies on the 3rd floor look huge! Does anyone know if or what club level deluxe rooms might have a BIG balcony? There are only 5 on the 3rd floor...3225,3227,3229,3255,3257. I realize that we'll have to travel to the 4th floor to enjoy the lounge but we're balcony people....we don't mind the travel if the balcony is bigger. Anyone have personal experience to share about the 3rd floor club level deluxe rooms?

We have never stayed on the 3rd floor..the balcony sizes do vary at the BWI...are you set on a deluxe room...Trishadono had an absolutely huge balcony during her recent BWI CL stay..it had an incredible view of the village green , the boardwalk and Crescent Lake...and was on the 4th floor just outside of the security doors...there are also many CL room descriptions on room one of this thread Kook has lots of links that I think will be helpful too....::yes::

This may be obvious and not what you're asking, but you can walk to the main entrance by going in through the international gateway and walking through the UK anda Canada, then through Futureworld to the front entrance.

That's exactly what we do..and honestly I don't think its a bad walk at all...plus its nice to make a Starbucks stop on the way to SSE to get an energy boost...lol....

We have never stayed on the 3rd floor..the balcony sizes do vary at the BWI...are you set on a deluxe room...Trishadono had an absolutely huge balcony during her recent BWI CL stay..it had an incredible view of the village green , the boardwalk and Crescent Lake...and was on the 4th floor just outside of the security doors...there are also many CL room descriptions on room one of this thread Kook has lots of links that I think will be helpful too....::yes::

Thank you! Yep, I just spent quite a bit of time reading all the great info way back in the beginning on all the room categories/views. We are hooked on club level...but have to admit we want our view to be the entire boardwalk...which we had last year from the deluxe room 4227. Just curious to see if anyone has direct knowledge of the 3rd floor deluxe rooms. I will search for Trishadono thread too.

Hey everyone, got back a few days ago from a 3 night stay. We booked a passholder room only garden view room. The morning of check-in (before we got our room number text) I noticed the description in MDE changed to 'Deluxe Room - Club Level'. By 9:30am I got the text of our room number 3255, which is indeed a deluxe club level room with a Boardwalk view. To say I was blown away is an understatement. The last few years we have stayed at the Poly DVC villa and last year at the Boardwalk Villa. This blew those two away. The room size was fantastic and the view was incredible. We were right above the Abracadabar and would sit out each night with some drinks and watch the Happily Ever After fireworks and the Boardwalk performers. The club lounge was also very nice. I don't know why we got this upgrade but it was awesome and we loved it.

I just posted a question about deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor! Do you have any pix to share? Was the balcony a good size?

For you Crazyhorse...:thumbsup2

POST 10: CLUB LEVEL: STANDARD AND DELUXE ROOMS

I hope that I copied and pasted this link properly :cool2: ???????????:confused3...lol...but if not post 10 on the break down of categories on page one.... this has quite a few pics..and detailed info about the standard and deluxe CL rooms....

Yep, it's all good info. Great pix of all types of rooms. I'm curious as to balcony sizes..wondering if anyone that has stayed 3rd floor club level can share their experience, balcony wise.

View attachment 308271

@Tommyc909 Thank you for asking this question. I didn't know that there is no bus to Epcot front gate from BWI. So we can study the map and compare our notes, I posted Robo's map here, as suggested by @CarolynFH. I have heard the lines at International Gate are much shorter in the morning. Perhaps you can get into Epcot faster than those through the main gate. But I have also heard that those through the main gate would be let in early and held at Space Earth. So if you really need to get in early, perhaps you can Uber to the front gate. My friends did it last summer and the ride cost only $6....

A question for others: according to the map above, from IG to Test Track, is there at path in between the Mexico and Odessy building to get to TT?
Yikes, looks considerably further away from Future World (particularly Soarin) then the main entrance. I've been at rope drop quite a few times at the main entrance and they've always permitted the guests to assemble just outside SpaceShip Earth so I'm afraid we will be at a disadvantage.

We are booked for our first boardwalk stay this August/September and can't wait!! We are a a family of five so need the daybed..we booked standard view, is there certain rooms we will only get for standard view and needing daybed?? any room request worth asking? thanks!

Bumping this... anyone know?

Does anyone know (or can anyone check) if the mattress on the small murphy-bed in the BWV studios can be removed? My DD is a roller when she sleeps and I worry about her rolling right off the bed so I'd rather have it on the floor.

Also, where exactly are the grills on property? I've read that there is one by Community Hall and by the tennis courts, which I can't imagine are the same grills because that seems a little far away. Also, I've read that there are gas grills in the BBQ pavilion? Where is that? Thanks!

Hey all, my wife and I decided we really wanted to stay in the Epcot area again so we are going to try to do a dvc rental through david's dvc request site. I'm assuming it's pretty difficult to get to rent a boardwalk studio villa since it's the cheapest dvc option in that area. We plan to put our request in the furthest ahead you can possibly request (we already know exactly when our next trip will be next year). Does anyone have experience with this rental process specifically for boardwalk studio villas? Are the studio villas really that hard to get that even putting your request in as early as they start accepting requests doesn't help much?

Do y’all think if everyone emails/calls complaining about the new fee for parking that Disney would remove it or lower the price? I know the odds are not good, but it couldn’t hurt. I mean at deluxes, we’re already paying over $500 a night and now we’re going to have more money added on for a car space but day guests can still park for free. It’s kind of stupid. Plus, the only hotels I’ve ever had to pay for parking were in large cities were there is basically no parking except in garage towers.

Hey all, my wife and I decided we really wanted to stay in the Epcot area again so we are going to try to do a dvc rental through david's dvc request site. I'm assuming it's pretty difficult to get to rent a boardwalk studio villa since it's the cheapest dvc option in that area. We plan to put our request in the furthest ahead you can possibly request (we already know exactly when our next trip will be next year). Does anyone have experience with this rental process specifically for boardwalk studio villas? Are the studio villas really that hard to get that even putting your request in as early as they start accepting requests doesn't help much?

While I have never worked with David's, I have rented points many times for BWV and never had a problem securing a rental. We, like you, typically book at 11 months out and usually have a renter secured within days. BCV is a bit more problematic (depending on when you rent--we go in May and October--F&G and F&W) and we had to settle for BWV one year and this year we opted to go with BWV from the start. You should be fine unless you are going at Christmas or Easter especially booking at the 11 month window.

While I have never worked with David's, I have rented points many times for BWV and never had a problem securing a rental. We, like you, typically book at 11 months out and usually have a renter secured within days. BCV is a bit more problematic (depending on when you rent--we go in May and October--F&G and F&W) and we had to settle for BWV one year and this year we opted to go with BWV from the start. You should be fine unless you are going at Christmas or Easter especially booking at the 11 month window.

Great to hear! We probably would prefer BCV but honestly we just want to be in the Epcot area for as cheap as possible and still have the perks you don't get when staying at Swan & Dolphin. We don't spend much time at the resort but absolutely love being able to walk to Epcot.

It will be easier to get at 11 months out if you aren't looking for mid-Sept through marathon in January. That's a very popular time for members. With renting it will all depend on whether David has a BWV member on board when you want to rent. If he doesn't your chances go downhill fast. If you can get a private booking with a DVC owner at BVW that might make it easier to get. BUT, don't accept private messages from anyone offering you their points. You need to initiate any conversations about renting points if you go with a private rental instead of a broker. That is they way some people get taken on a DVC rental. Check out the Rent/Trade board on the DIS to see if any BWV owner is renting out their points.

It will be easier to get at 11 months out if you aren't looking for mid-Sept through marathon in January. That's a very popular time for members. With renting it will all depend on whether David has a BWV member on board when you want to rent. If he doesn't your chances go downhill fast. If you can get a private booking with a DVC owner at BVW that might make it easier to get. BUT, don't accept private messages from anyone offering you their points. You need to initiate any conversations about renting points if you go with a private rental instead of a broker. That is they way some people get taken on a DVC rental. Check out the Rent/Trade board on the DIS to see if any BWV owner is renting out their points.

I've been skeptical for a while about even using David's service because I'm pretty paranoid about something happening. After a lot of researching I've finally decided it's worth it to use his service. I'd most likely never rent privately with a dvc owner unless I knew someone personally.

We have rented dvc many times. Twice for stays at BWV. We have never used David's, we use the other big co. I'm sure they're about the same. Nothing but good experiences.

You'r referring to the std room category. The experts here can prob tell you better, but i think the std view doesn't have too many rooms to offer, that's why they're so hard to get. Requesting beore the 11mo window would be the way to go for sure. Problem with the rental companies is that they have to find an owner at the resort you're wanting to book at to book at that 11 month window. You may have better luck finding a bwv owner if you're really set on that standard view category.

I've been skeptical for a while about even using David's service because I'm pretty paranoid about something happening. After a lot of researching I've finally decided it's worth it to use his service. I'd most likely never rent privately with a dvc owner unless I knew someone personally.
In that case, be prepared not to get the standard view at BWV and to pay extra for the preferred view.

Do y’all think if everyone emails/calls complaining about the new fee for parking that Disney would remove it or lower the price? I know the odds are not good, but it couldn’t hurt. I mean at deluxes, we’re already paying over $500 a night and now we’re going to have more money added on for a car space but day guests can still park for free. It’s kind of stupid. Plus, the only hotels I’ve ever had to pay for parking were in large cities were there is basically no parking except in garage towers.

The rumor just became the truth now...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter