Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

When planning on walking to the Disney Studios, are you at a huge disadvantage staying at the Inn side over the DVC side?Trying to plan a trip for next fall when I know the Disney Studios will be super busy, so walking there may be the thing to do. If you stay at the Inn side of the Boardwalk, how much longer is the walk to the Disney Studios?
Three minutes? It's really not that big.

When planning on walking to the Disney Studios, are you at a huge disadvantage staying at the Inn side over the DVC side?Trying to plan a trip for next fall when I know the Disney Studios will be super busy, so walking there may be the thing to do. If you stay at the Inn side of the Boardwalk, how much longer is the walk to the Disney Studios?
Look at it this way
You trade, one side has a shorter walk to Epcot and longer walk to studios, the other side has the opposite.
So it evens out in the end
Bottom line, the difference is not enough to matter any at all

Hi all, can someone tell me do the 1 bedroom villas have just a regular coffee pot or like the pod type coffee pot?? Thanks

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a room ready text just before we boarded our flight at 9:00 am. I think we have consistently gotten a room early at BWI. Higher percentage than any other resort for sure
Got a great room right over Flying Fish overlooking the Boardwalk. Exactly like I wanted. We are already of on ME. Should be in the room shortly.

Awesome news on your room being ready early! We arrive early of our stay so fingers crossed.

Question for you if I may, what room category do you have and what, if anything, did you request?

Last edited:

Awesome news on your room being ready early! We arrive early of our stay so fingers crossed.

Question for you if I may, what room category do you have and what, if anything, did you request?
We have standard club level. Our only request was water view (this is now a by request, not bookable category)

So happens I asked the CM about our room being ready so early when we arrived. She said as soon as she gets in she looks at the check out list and the check in list and gets the housekeepers on the rooms checking out right away so they can be turned over quickest.

We have standard club level. Our only request was water view (this is now a by request, not bookable category)

So happens I asked the CM about our room being ready so early when we arrived. She said as soon as she gets in she looks at the check out list and the check in list and gets the housekeepers on the rooms checking out right away so they can be turned over quickest.
I assume you were dealing with Jackie. She is one of the most efficient Cast Members working at the Innkeepers Club.

Sounds like you have the same room my niece and I had earlier this month. It had a great view of the buskers below with a really large balcony. Take a look on the balcony and see if a fork is still sitting near one of the round posts. It was there when we checked in and was still there when we left! :)

The Screen Door on the Boardwalk does sell small (12 bottle) cases of water based on our past experience.

If you have a bad back, keep in mind that it could be quite a hike from the store on the BoardWalk to your room.

Sounds like you have the same room my niece and I had earlier this month. It had a great view of the buskers below with a really large balcony. Take a look on the balcony and see if a fork is still sitting near one of the round posts. It was there when we checked in and was still there when we left! :)
Not the same room. Ours is a small balcony
It may even be deluxe room, not sure. It 2 doors down from the big Steeplechase Suite and that may make the room configuration a sort of hybrid of some sort
We have a sleeper sofa. It could be a full sitting room like I think a deluxe should have but I've never booked or stayed in a deluxe so I have nothing to compare it to.
It is very odd to have 2 TVs in such a small space. DGD loves having the sleeper though.
If it's a deluxe it's an upgrade from what we booked.

It is very odd to have 2 TVs in such a small space. DGD loves having the sleeper though.
If it's a deluxe it's an upgrade from what we booked.
If you have 2 Queen beds and a Queen Sleeper sofa & 2 LCD TVs then you are in a Deluxe room. Enjoy your visit and the upgraded room.

Dave

For those who have stayed club level, is there much of a location difference between the standard club level view and the outer building garden view in terms of distance to the Boardwalk restaurants and bars?

I'm arriving on June 2 - online checkin is complete, but it says 12 am instead of 10 am on the website. The website will not allow me to update it, so I called - and was told it didnt matter the time on the website... LOL - dont believe that for a second. We would love for the room to be ready, even though its early. I know its not guarenteed until the afternoon (we have been to WDW numerous times) - but some guests report the room is available in the morning. For anyone traveling soon - does the checkin time default to 12 am or were you able to adjust it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter