Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm arriving on June 2 - online checkin is complete, but it says 12 am instead of 10 am on the website. The website will not allow me to update it, so I called - and was told it didnt matter the time on the website... LOL - dont believe that for a second. We would love for the room to be ready, even though its early. I know its not guarenteed until the afternoon (we have been to WDW numerous times) - but some guests report the room is available in the morning. For anyone traveling soon - does the checkin time default to 12 am or were you able to adjust it?

Are you arriving via Magical Express?

yes - so they have my flight info and know when I will be there I guess?
Yes, since you are using ME it won't matter, your arrival time will say, arriving via ME, or something like that. If it doesn't, then they may not even have your info down. I'd call again.

As for the time your room is ready related to your arrival, I'm not sure it's all that related. Our room has been ready well before our flight arrival time the last 3 trips

Arrived at BWV yesterday. Flight landed at 7:45 am and we arrived at BW at 9:30, could have arrived earlier, but went the wrong way at the airport and took us awhile to find the ME.

Our room wasn't ready (didn't expect it to be), so we left our carry on with bell services and walked over to EPCOT. We were able to ride everything we wanted and ate lunch at Garden Grill. Finally got a text that our room was ready at 5:00.

We're in room 5079 and it's awesome! My only request was upper floor. It's close the elevator so it doesn't take long to get to the Boardwalk or the bus stop. My only complaints (or minor inconveniences) are the door hook on the back of the bathroom door is broke and there's a tree in the way of seeing the high fireworks at EPCOT. Neither of which will have a negative impact on our trip.

Today it rained and rained and rained. Despite that, we went to MK and were able to do a lot of stuff. Tomorrow is our non park day' we hope to play mini golf, if it doesn't rain all day again.

Hi, folks, it's been awhile since I was part of this thread, so please bear with me. I will be traveling to WDW again this fall, accompanying a family staying at the Dolphin on Marriott points. (Their first trip). At first, I was going to stay at the Yacht Club, then changed my mind, in favor of my favorite moderate, POFQ. Now, after doing more planning with this family, and realizing how much there is that they just don't know about WDW, I am thinking that trying to coordinate our meet up times for parks, meals, etc., will be a headache if I am that far away from them and they are unfamiliar with the place.

So, I'm now thinking of booking a Standard View room at Boardwalk to be a bit closer to them, and be able to go back and forth between resorts. I'm hoping against hope that some decent summer discounts materialize for our dates, but know that based on the past several SPECIAL OFFER events, there probably won't be any availability. :sad2:

Anyway, at my last stay at BWI, the rooms facing the backside (overlooking the garden area rather than the boardwalk/water/pools) were Standard View rooms. Now, in checking out Touring plans for room views, it looks like they have all (with only a few exceptions) become Garden View, and the Standard View rooms are now the ones that overlook the walkway to the bus in the front of the resort. Dang... disappointing because I loved sitting on the balcony in the early morning with my coffee and late night with a glass of wine, and relishing the quiet of the garden.

Can anyone who has stayed in one of those Standard View rooms lately let me know about how the noise/view/experience is with those rooms?

TIA!

Jeanne

Hi, folks, it's been awhile since I was part of this thread, so please bear with me. I will be traveling to WDW again this fall, accompanying a family staying at the Dolphin on Marriott points. (Their first trip). At first, I was going to stay at the Yacht Club, then changed my mind, in favor of my favorite moderate, POFQ. Now, after doing more planning with this family, and realizing how much there is that they just don't know about WDW, I am thinking that trying to coordinate our meet up times for parks, meals, etc., will be a headache if I am that far away from them and they are unfamiliar with the place.

So, I'm now thinking of booking a Standard View room at Boardwalk to be a bit closer to them, and be able to go back and forth between resorts. I'm hoping against hope that some decent summer discounts materialize for our dates, but know that based on the past several SPECIAL OFFER events, there probably won't be any availability. :sad2:

Anyway, at my last stay at BWI, the rooms facing the backside (overlooking the garden area rather than the boardwalk/water/pools) were Standard View rooms. Now, in checking out Touring plans for room views, it looks like they have all (with only a few exceptions) become Garden View, and the Standard View rooms are now the ones that overlook the walkway to the bus in the front of the resort. Dang... disappointing because I loved sitting on the balcony in the early morning with my coffee and late night with a glass of wine, and relishing the quiet of the garden.

Can anyone who has stayed in one of those Standard View rooms lately let me know about how the noise/view/experience is with those rooms?

TIA!

Jeanne

We had a standard king that overlooked the entrance to BWI (3rd floor) and had nothing but peace and quiet. It was actually fun to be on the balcony and watch the late night activity. Close the doors and silence. The room was just off the elevator area to the left when exiting the elevators and only one room down--still quiet. No complaints at all.

I'm also looking at the standard room views. It looks like all of the views in the direction of Epcot are now Garden View. I that correct or is TP incorrect in their categories?

How is bus service from Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? Last time I visited the Boardwalk area (maybe 4 years ago) the bus service seemed to take forever. Has it gotten any better? Are the buses still servicing Beach/Yacht Club and Swan/Dolphin? We are staying in September and are trying to decide on budgeting in money for the Minnie Van service for some of our early morning ADRs.

How is bus service from Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? Last time I visited the Boardwalk area (maybe 4 years ago) the bus service seemed to take forever. Has it gotten any better? Are the buses still servicing Beach/Yacht Club and Swan/Dolphin? We are staying in September and are trying to decide on budgeting in money for the Minnie Van service for some of our early morning ADRs.

I was just at the Boardwalk Villas from May 15 to May 22 :cloud9: The bus service to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom was great :yay:

Yes. Our grocery orders are always delivered to bell services and then we just call down to have them delivered when we are ready for them.

I'm also looking at the standard room views. It looks like all of the views in the direction of Epcot are now Garden View. I that correct or is TP incorrect in their categories?
TP does get a lot of the categories wrong. It's risky to go by them closely. You have an idea of where the room is but your bed and category type may be right or not.

Without a foodcourt is there any place with a toaster? Would I need to head over to bc/yc ? Some mornings we have bagels in room but usually toast in the foodcourt

TP does get a lot of the categories wrong. It's risky to go by them closely. You have an idea of where the room is but your bed and category type may be right or not.
My original question about SV was because TP USED show the EPCOT viewing side of Boardwalk as SV... I don't remember BWI even having GV last time I stayed there (Fall 2015). Now all but a very few are GV, (and most of those that are SV are on the very extreme end of the hallway overlooking the dumpsters) - almost all SV now are shown as overlooking the walkway to the bus stop.

Wondering if this changed recently, or if TP has them ALL wrong?

There have been recent changes to the categories at BWI. Another example is the Water view category is gone from CL. They are all Standard now.

So I would not be surprised to see they made most rooms Garden and left only a few as Standard and have those be parking lots or side walks. It fits what they have for other resorts too

I don't know that TP has updated their info. It has always had categories incorrect on many rooms. Bed types too. This applies to all the resorts

Last edited:
I was just at the Boardwalk Villas from May 15 to May 22 :cloud9: The bus service to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom was great :yay:

Here now and bus to animal kingdom is being shared with Swan and Dolphin Also waiting over 20 minutes for bus at resort. We had to take Uber a few times

Just booked a week in October, first tiime at the Boardwalk Inn ! I have a Garden view Room with 2 queens and ( I hope ) a sleeper sofa. Any thoughts on a room request ? Not to far from the main pool would be fine. I assume we will have a private balcony ?

Thanks in advance

Just booked a week in October, first tiime at the Boardwalk Inn ! I have a Garden view Room with 2 queens and ( I hope ) a sleeper sofa. Any thoughts on a room request ? Not to far from the main pool would be fine. I assume we will have a private balcony ?

Thanks in advance
If you booked BWI you will not be near the main pool. The main pool in in the Villas. Request near elevator and/or near elevator and your walk will be as short as can be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter