Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just got back from a great stay! 1bdr Villa through disney with a bounce back offer.

It was a fantastic vacation, loved BWV. It's been our go to for the last four years now.

Had a 1st floor room facing the main pool. It was not loud at all. We were facing the slide with two great patio's.

The IG was great as usual, but seeing all the construction for the gondola's makes me nervous. It's so nice to be able to walk to EPCOT and get through bag check/security so easily. There was never a wait, such a big benefit of staying at the EPCOT resorts. I am nervous that the amount of people the gondola will bring to the IG will make it very crowded and congested. The space does not seem to be able to handle large amounts of people.

Hi all,

We’ve just got our rental confirmed for BWV studio standard view for May 2019. Usually we stay offsite, but last year we’ve tried the Grand Floridian (CL) and loved it so much that we wanted something similar but at a lower cost, so now we’ve rented points for a studio BWV.

Very excited! A few questions;

What room request would be good for a standard view studio? We would prefer something quiet, like gardens / trees, so I would think anything facing the entrance of the resort would be ok in this category?

At the GL we really liked Narcoossees. Is Flying Fish similar, and does it fill up quickly for reservations?

Finally, what restaurant at BW / Epcot resorts area would you recommend for a nice sit down lunch?

Thanks!

Hi all,

We’ve just got our rental confirmed for BWV studio standard view for May 2019. Usually we stay offsite, but last year we’ve tried the Grand Floridian (CL) and loved it so much that we wanted something similar but at a lower cost, so now we’ve rented points for a studio BWV.

Very excited! A few questions;

What room request would be good for a standard view studio? We would prefer something quiet, like gardens / trees, so I would think anything facing the entrance of the resort would be ok in this category?

At the GL we really liked Narcoossees. Is Flying Fish similar, and does it fill up quickly for reservations?

Finally, what restaurant at BW / Epcot resorts area would you recommend for a nice sit down lunch?

Thanks!

we had standard view this past may and I requested near the tennis courts. we were towards the end if the hall and had a nice "water" view of the pond and a little bit of the parking lot. it was close to the bus stop and path to DHS. and a 3 minutes walk to the lobby. it was a great/quiet location.

When I go to do online check in for BWI, for the room locations requests it doesn’t have any options when I click the boxes. Has anyone else had this issue?

Just got back from a great stay! 1bdr Villa through disney with a bounce back offer.

It was a fantastic vacation, loved BWV. It's been our go to for the last four years now.

Had a 1st floor room facing the main pool. It was not loud at all. We were facing the slide with two great patio's.

The IG was great as usual, but seeing all the construction for the gondola's makes me nervous. It's so nice to be able to walk to EPCOT and get through bag check/security so easily. There was never a wait, such a big benefit of staying at the EPCOT resorts. I am nervous that the amount of people the gondola will bring to the IG will make it very crowded and congested. The space does not seem to be able to handle large amounts of people.

You can actually get backed up pretty good with just a few people there. I haven't seen anything anywhere about alleviating this problem when the gondolas open. They might set up bag check areas once you get off the gondolas and boats but before you get to the IG.

You can actually get backed up pretty good with just a few people there. I haven't seen anything anywhere about alleviating this problem when the gondolas open. They might set up bag check areas once you get off the gondolas and boats but before you get to the IG.
Or maybe they'll do a check before you get on the Gondolas so there is not another one at IG (like with the monorail at MK)

When I go to do online check in for BWI, for the room locations requests it doesn’t have any options when I click the boxes. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yep. It's them, not you. They are broken. I use Touring Plans fax request instead.

Yep. It's them, not you. They are broken. I use Touring Plans fax request instead.
Do you think using the fax request makes it take longer? The last two times I used them, it took a really long time to get our room (like after 6pm). In August we're staying for just a weekend and our plane arrives really early, so I wonder if we would have better luck not making a request. I've never stayed at BWV, so I'm not sure how important getting a room in a particular place is. Are there some rooms that are a hike from getting out to the Boardwalk?

Am I the only person who finds the walk from the elevator to the far end of the hallway in the BWV just not a big deal? I guess it's long for a hallway, but it's not THAT long. The only time I found it annoying was when I was coming up wet from the pool. (Going down I took the stairs, but coming up the stairs is NOT as easy when you're on the 5th floor and you're me) - and even then it wasn't so bad.

Do you think using the fax request makes it take longer? The last two times I used them, it took a really long time to get our room (like after 6pm). In August we're staying for just a weekend and our plane arrives really early, so I wonder if we would have better luck not making a request. I've never stayed at BWV, so I'm not sure how important getting a room in a particular place is. Are there some rooms that are a hike from getting out to the Boardwalk?
I'm positive it does not. Most of the time we get in our room early but we do not stay in the Villas, only the Inn side.
As I understand it, DVC rooms are rarely ready early

As to getting out to the Boardwalk, it's not the hike that is the issue. Many are annoyed that the Boardwalk and the lobby are not on the same level and you have to switch elevators or go from elevators to stairs to reach the Boardwalk level. It's an odd set up. It never bothers us though. Our room location never matters, we always request a room ready early as most important option (provided we arrive before 3:00)

Am I the only person who finds the walk from the elevator to the far end of the hallway in the BWV just not a big deal? I guess it's long for a hallway, but it's not THAT long. The only time I found it annoying was when I was coming up wet from the pool. (Going down I took the stairs, but coming up the stairs is NOT as easy when you're on the 5th floor and you're me) - and even then it wasn't so bad.
No, it doesn't bother us. Nor does the lay out but, we don't have a stroller or ECV. I have to admit I can see where that's a bit of a pain. And we do find ourselves helping out lost souls more than once each trip. They push 1 on the elevators from the rooms and wonder why they can't get to the Boardwalk from there. We especially found this when we stayed in the cottages last August, since they are on that level. I can't tell you how many guests we'd get come down there with us on the elevator thinking they'd get to the Boardwalk. We'd have to tell them to go back up to the lobby level, cross over and use the other elevator (if they had a stroller) or use the stairs if they didn't.

The only time it bothers us is after one of our RunDisney events as you are sore and just want a shower and moving slowly. The same thing has happened to us at AKV so we know what can happen when we book these resorts.

I never understood why they only have one bank of elevator in these buildings.... Probably a rational explanation, but it escapes me. I'm one who, after a long day of being on my feet will choose to ride rather then climb steps. And why not have them go all the way to the 1st floor so if you have a stroller or scooter, you don't have to get off one elevator just to find the other one?:crazy:

I never understood why they only have one bank of elevator in these buildings.... Probably a rational explanation, but it escapes me. I'm one who, after a long day of being on my feet will choose to ride rather then climb steps. And why not have them go all the way to the 1st floor so if you have a stroller or scooter, you don't have to get off one elevator just to find the other one?:crazy:
I think it was a test for the drunk people coming back from Epcot ;)

It used to bother me a heck of a lot back in the days when I was 50 lbs heavier.

I have really bad sciatica - and what makes it worse - ready for it - standing still.

What do I do at theme parks most of the time? Wait on lines - STANDING STILL. :)

I used to be in agony by the end of the day - and the only pain med that would help was vicodin. For a while I took that - but when it wears off - the pain comes back triple fold......

I finally worked my *** off to lose weight - under doctors care - went to chiro & PT - now the sciatica is manageable without the pain meds. It still comes - but I'm able to get rid of it quicker.

So yeah - I dread that long hallway walk & always ask for a room by the elevator. :)

Anyone have a party of 5 and stay in a Boardwalk one-bedroom villa?

I booked that room this summer and gave the names and ages of the 5 of us and didn't know it sleeps 4 with a "5th accommodated but no additional bedding or towels provided"

We are a family so we could fit 3 in the king and 2 on the couch but i'm surprised it wasn't mentioned.
And now researching it i see the studios sleep 5. unfortunately no studios are available for my dates either. Why do the studios sleep more than the one bedroom?

any one have this experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter