Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Anyone have a party of 5 and stay in a Boardwalk one-bedroom villa?

I booked that room this summer and gave the names and ages of the 5 of us and didn't know it sleeps 4 with a "5th accommodated but no additional bedding or towels provided"

We are a family so we could fit 3 in the king and 2 on the couch but i'm surprised it wasn't mentioned.
And now researching it i see the studios sleep 5. unfortunately no studios are available for my dates either. Why do the studios sleep more than the one bedroom?

any one have this experience?

Studios have a queen bed, pull out sofa sleeper (full) and a drop down bed in the bureau beneath the television.

Studios have a queen bed, pull out sofa sleeper (full) and a drop down bed in the bureau beneath the television.
The one bedroom has a king bed and pull out sofa. There is no room for the table/pull down bed because of the connecting door for the studio in the middle of the wall. Therefore the studio allows 5 and one bedroom allows 4, except for DVC members staying on points. They can have a 5th person provided they bring their own bed, linens, and towels. I am not sure cash customers can book 5 in the one bedroom.
Denise

Hi all,

We’ve just got our rental confirmed for BWV studio standard view for May 2019. Usually we stay offsite, but last year we’ve tried the Grand Floridian (CL) and loved it so much that we wanted something similar but at a lower cost, so now we’ve rented points for a studio BWV.

Very excited! A few questions;

What room request would be good for a standard view studio? We would prefer something quiet, like gardens / trees, so I would think anything facing the entrance of the resort would be ok in this category?

At the GL we really liked Narcoossees. Is Flying Fish similar, and does it fill up quickly for reservations?

Finally, what restaurant at BW / Epcot resorts area would you recommend for a nice sit down lunch?

Thanks!

Flying Fish is on our must-do list every trip (which is 8 to 10 times a year!)! Reservations are usually not hard to get, but if you're unable to get one, or decide spur of the moment you want to dine there, you can sit at the bar and order from the full menu. We've done that several times and there was always plenty of room at the bar - plus we got great service from the bartenders!

Abracadabar is a fun place to have a drink while waiting to be seated.

For a nice sit down lunch, you might want to try Ale & Compass at YC. You can check their menu on allears.net :thumbsup2

Flying Fish is on our must-do list every trip (which is 8 to 10 times a year!)! Reservations are usually not hard to get, but if you're unable to get one, or decide spur of the moment you want to dine there, you can sit at the bar and order from the full menu. We've done that several times and there was always plenty of room at the bar - plus we got great service from the bartenders.

We love eating at the Flying Fish too. If you sit at the bar, ask for Esteban. He is the nicest bartender/CM we have ever met at a dining establishment.

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I've tried to search through as many pages as possible.
My DD and I will be arriving on July 28th and staying CL. That night we will be attending DAH, and I was wondering if it might be possible to ask the CL CM's for us to not be disturbed early the next morning either by mousekeeping or daily room checks? And would it be granted given DAH is 10pm-1am?

Anyone have a party of 5 and stay in a Boardwalk one-bedroom villa?

I booked that room this summer and gave the names and ages of the 5 of us and didn't know it sleeps 4 with a "5th accommodated but no additional bedding or towels provided"

We are a family so we could fit 3 in the king and 2 on the couch but i'm surprised it wasn't mentioned.
And now researching it i see the studios sleep 5. unfortunately no studios are available for my dates either. Why do the studios sleep more than the one bedroom?

any one have this experience?
If you booked through a DVC reservation, you will need to provide a bed, linens and a towel for the fifth person. DVC will not provide anything for the fifth person. You'll need an air bed or sleeping bag, plus any sheets you want to use, plus a bath towel since the villa will only have four bath towels. Or you can purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping for $6 - it will be four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. It will not be replaced without cost on your service days. The details on these villas are located on the DVC member page under each resort and villa category. Any one can see those pages including photos of the villas without being a DVC member with a password. But you cannot see availability or book a villa without a member password.

If you booked through a broker, the information should have been on their page as well.

If you try to book this same villa for cash through the Disney Reservation Center, you won't be able to book for five unless one is under the age of three. The fifth person is only possible through DVC reservations. The same situation exists with BCV, SSR, BRV.

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I've tried to search through as many pages as possible.
My DD and I will be arriving on July 28th and staying CL. That night we will be attending DAH, and I was wondering if it might be possible to ask the CL CM's for us to not be disturbed early the next morning either by mousekeeping or daily room checks? And would it be granted given DAH is 10pm-1am?
The CL CM's don't have any real magic here.

The best option is to contact Mousekeeping directly on July 28 from your in-room phone. They will make a note of your request for a later room cleaning on the 29th which should improve your changes greatly to not be bothered before 12 noon on the 29th.

Also the morning room cleaning schedule starts with rooms that are on the check-out list in almost all cases since new guests are excited to get their room ASAP.

Dave

we had standard view this past may and I requested near the tennis courts. we were towards the end if the hall and had a nice "water" view of the pond and a little bit of the parking lot. it was close to the bus stop and path to DHS. and a 3 minutes walk to the lobby. it was a great/quiet location.

Flying Fish is on our must-do list every trip (which is 8 to 10 times a year!)! Reservations are usually not hard to get, but if you're unable to get one, or decide spur of the moment you want to dine there, you can sit at the bar and order from the full menu. We've done that several times and there was always plenty of room at the bar - plus we got great service from the bartenders!

Abracadabar is a fun place to have a drink while waiting to be seated.

For a nice sit down lunch, you might want to try Ale & Compass at YC. You can check their menu on allears.net :thumbsup2

Many thanks for these helpful tips!

For those who have stayed here, can someone please explain what the previous posts are referring to when they mention the lobby not being on ground floor and having to take multiple elevators?

Can you request a lobby level room to avoid this?

Is this for exiting the hotel or just going to the boardwalk area?

Also, is the clown pool a long way from the Inn part? It looks like it on the map?

Many thanks in advance! Considering staying here, but with a double stroller it kind of sounds like a pain.

For those who have stayed here, can someone please explain what the previous posts are referring to when they mention the lobby not being on ground floor and having to take multiple elevators?

Also, is the clown pool a long way from the Inn part? It looks like it on the map?

Many thanks in advance! Considering staying here, but with a double stroller it kind of sounds like a pain.

The lobby is the second floor. To go to the busses, you need to exit the elevator on the second floor. There is an elevator off the lobby by Bellview Lounge that accesses the first or second floor. I guess on the Inn side the bank of elevators does not provide Boardwalk access? Those elevators are pretty close to the Bellview Lounge so after getting out on the second floor you would either take the stairs or the single elevator one floor to the Boardwalk. The Villas side bank of elevators you can just go to the first floor to access either the clown pool or Boardwalk.

You could request second floor, no guarantee you would get it. If you are at the end of a hallway the client pool can be a bit of a walk. If you go through the lobby to the villa elevators and own one floor the pool is right there.

The double stroller isn't a huge hindrance, especially since you can walk to and from Epcot and the Studios. Great with napping children.

The lobby is the second floor. To go to the busses, you need to exit the elevator on the second floor. There is an elevator off the lobby by Bellview Lounge that accesses the first or second floor. I guess on the Inn side the bank of elevators does not provide Boardwalk access? Those elevators are pretty close to the Bellview Lounge so after getting out on the second floor you would either take the stairs or the single elevator one floor to the Boardwalk. The Villas side bank of elevators you can just go to the first floor to access either the clown pool or Boardwalk.

You could request second floor, no guarantee you would get it. If you are at the end of a hallway the client pool can be a bit of a walk. If you go through the lobby to the villa elevators and own one floor the pool is right there.

The double stroller isn't a huge hindrance, especially since you can walk to and from Epcot and the Studios. Great with napping children.

Thank you so much for the reply!

If you booked through a DVC reservation, you will need to provide a bed, linens and a towel for the fifth person. DVC will not provide anything for the fifth person. You'll need an air bed or sleeping bag, plus any sheets you want to use, plus a bath towel since the villa will only have four bath towels. Or you can purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping for $6 - it will be four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. It will not be replaced without cost on your service days. The details on these villas are located on the DVC member page under each resort and villa category. Any one can see those pages including photos of the villas without being a DVC member with a password. But you cannot see availability or book a villa without a member password.

If you booked through a broker, the information should have been on their page as well.

If you try to book this same villa for cash through the Disney Reservation Center, you won't be able to book for five unless one is under the age of three. The fifth person is only possible through DVC reservations. The same situation exists with BCV, SSR, BRV.

This makes sense if the "5th person" wasn't sleeping in either the king bed or on the sleeper sofa. However, if they are on the sleeper sofa are sheets / pillows provided for that at least? Thanks!

Hello All:

We are going to be staying at the BWI for first time in December. Through reading these posts I am a little confused about exiting the building. are There stair cases at the end of the hallways that you can exit out to walk to Epcot or do you have to go to down to the lobby elevator on the second floor and then go to another elevator to the first floor. I was kind of hoping there are exit stair cases at the end of the building that will lead you to a door outside. Thank you for any assistance.

This makes sense if the "5th person" wasn't sleeping in either the king bed or on the sleeper sofa. However, if they are on the sleeper sofa are sheets / pillows provided for that at least? Thanks!
Yes, all the official beds have linens. Only the bed you would have to bring for the fifth person will not have linens supplied.

Yes, all the official beds have linens. Only the bed you would have to bring for the fifth person will not have linens supplied.
If they're going 3 in either the bed or the sleeper, wouldn't they need an extra pillow and maybe a towel? It seems like that's what they'd be missing since the bedding would be shared. Or am I missing something? That seems manageable to bring from home.

Last edited:
If they're going 3 in either the bed or the sleeper, wouldn't they need an extra pillow and maybe a towel? It seems like that's what they'd be missing since the bedding would be shared. Or am I missing something? That seems manageable to bring from home.
The king bed in the master bedroom usually has a wealth of pillows, so one could be swiped from there for the fifth person. They would need a towel, so either bring one from home or purchase a towel pack for $6.

Will you be staying on the Inn side or the Villa side?
If you are on the Inn side the only time you'd find it a bit cumbersome will be going down to the Boardwalk as you will have to swap elevators. The elevator that accesses the rooms, from the lobby level does not reach the Boardwalk. It goes to level 1 but from that side you can't go out to the Boardwalk. You can only go out to the quiet pool and the Cottage rooms.
To reach the Boardwalk you go down to 2, which is the Lobby Level and the cross the lobby a short distance and change to a different elevator and go down 1 level to the first floor and from there you can go out to the Boardwalk. That particular Elevator does not go anywhere but 2nd floor Lobby and 1st Floor Boardwalk. It does not reach the floors with rooms. It sounds more confusing in writing than it does when you are there.

If you are on the Villa side this is not an issue. The elevator goes all the way from 1 to the top. No odd swapping needed.

Hello All:

We are going to be staying at the BWI for first time in December. Through reading these posts I am a little confused about exiting the building. are There stair cases at the end of the hallways that you can exit out to walk to Epcot or do you have to go to down to the lobby elevator on the second floor and then go to another elevator to the first floor. I was kind of hoping there are exit stair cases at the end of the building that will lead you to a door outside. Thank you for any assistance.
The stairs are not at the ends of the building but in the middle, off the lobby. Otherwise, yes, you can use stairs.
ETA - The stairs are where you see the C and the B in the map below, more or less. Close enough anyway. There are 3 sets really spread between those two points. C is inside the building. Near B is outside from behind the Valet area and B is outside through doors coming right off the Lobby
screen-shot-2017-08-12-at-9-15-52-am-png.260849

Last edited:
Hello All:

Just to add to what has already been posted about getting out of the Boardwalk Inn, there is no secret passageway to exit the building at the bottom of a staircase that will allow you on to the boardwalk that is closer to Epcot. There may be a doorway at the bottom of those steps for emergency exit, but in all probability it leads to the Back Garden area by the quiet pool. There is no access to the Boardwalk from that area.

To go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios from an upper-level room, you must take the elevator or stairs down to the lobby level, which is the second floor, and either go down the staircase by the lounge, or out through the lobby doors and down the big sprawling "Gone With the Wind" type staircase, or take the elevator from the second floor down to the first floor and out.

It's pretty weird, but it fits with the design I guess.

If you are looking to go to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, then you just take the elevator down to the second floor and go out through the lobby to the bus stop. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter