• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yes. I am here now and plan on adding another 10-15 minutes to your walk. It is no longer a “short walk” to HS, take the boat and your feet will thank you.

Ugh!! Boat it is. It's about a half hour journey, right? Plus waiting for the boat? Guess we'll be at the dock at 7 am for 8 am EMH...

Anyone know the duration of these changes? We will be there at the end of Dec. Never been to Boardwalk before so I don't even know how long the walk normally takes.
The normal walk is usually about 15-20 minutes, so add another 10-15 minutes on top of that. I don’t know how long the detour will last, but it appears that it will be in place until the gondola construction is finished, whenever that maybe.

Yes. I am here now and plan on adding another 10-15 minutes to your walk. It is no longer a “short walk” to HS, take the boat and your feet will thank you.

Just left and completely agree. It was a lot longer then expected - especially in the August heat. Cutting by the clown pool did help a bit but you are out walking in the parking lot which makes it that much hotter. We did take the boat once back from HS and got off at the Swan/Dolphin. It is only a short walk from there to BW or you can stay on the boat for another 14 mins.

Has anyone done the walk from Boardwalk to DHS with the new bus stop location? Disney Food Blog says the walk is now "significantly longer." We were planning on walking for AM EMH in two weeks rather than relying on the boat, but were hoping for more like a 10-15 minute walk rather than 25-30...we are young and fit, but would prefer not to start the day hot and sweaty...
We got back last night. The walk is significantly longer and the added let is not the most pleasant through parking. That said, it’s not a horrific walk.

The normal walk is usually about 15-20 minutes, so add another 10-15 minutes on top of that. I don’t know how long the detour will last, but it appears that it will be in place until the gondola construction is finished, whenever that maybe.

Just left and completely agree. It was a lot longer then expected - especially in the August heat. Cutting by the clown pool did help a bit but you are out walking in the parking lot which makes it that much hotter. We did take the boat once back from HS and got off at the Swan/Dolphin. It is only a short walk from there to BW or you can stay on the boat for another 14 mins.

We got back last night. The walk is significantly longer and the added let is not the most pleasant through parking. That said, it’s not a horrific walk.

Ugh. Thanks everyone. We've decided to make a game time decision, hoping at 7 am the heat's not too bad...we'd really prefer to walk there. Likely will take the boat back though.

I didn’t realize it effected the walk from BWI to HS. For some reason when I read about the bus relocation, I thought it only effected those arriving on the bus. Guess I didn’t give it much thought. Thanks for all who have given the new walking information.

Depends on when the last time you walked it was.
They have rerouted the walking route for way longer than they've rerouted the buses. The route you had to take when the boats were out was already lengthened by a bit.
They've just rerouted the walking route a bit more than it was then.
If you'd already adjusted to the walk that took you past the Charter/other park buses then this newest route is not all that much further.
If you'd never walked that adjusted route than yeah, I guess this change is quite drastic.

Last time we walked was in January of this year. I don’t mind walking, DH is another story. He’s always worried about me since my health isn’t always the greatest & I tend not to say anything & push myself too much. He’s over protective, but it definitely comes from love. I usually enjoy it though because it’s quiet & not crowded, two things that can be hard to come by at Disney. We’ll be there in 13 days, so super excited and ready. I’ve already started pre-packing, lol.

Parking lot? I'm not sure I know that route. We cut through the pool and come out further downn by the canal. Never hit the parking lot.

Here now too. You take the regular path about half way, then they detour you far from the river into the parking lot, passing the new bus stop. Adds a solid 10 minutes to the walk.

Anyone know if the Minnie Vans would get me all the way to near the HS gates, or do they drop where the buses are dropping?

Does anyone have any experience with the sofa beds or pull down bed in the villas?

Are they decent for a week?

The sofa bed is comfy. I am not a huge fan of them in general, but for some reason at Disney I can sleep on just about anything.

I have no problem sleeping on the sofa bed for our trips, about 12 days.

8 days until my first stay at the Boardwalk! I'm nervous about a few things (layout, increased walk to DHS, QS options, general theme...), but trying to stay optimistic and open minded! I was equally nervous about the Contemporary and it ended up becoming one of my top resorts!

8 days until my first stay at the Boardwalk! I'm nervous about a few things (layout, increased walk to DHS, QS options, general theme...), but trying to stay optimistic and open minded! I was equally nervous about the Contemporary and it ended up becoming one of my top resorts!

I think the layout seems more confusing than it really is. I had no problems with it. Walk to DHS May be a little longer, but IMO, even a longer walk is better than a bus, and you have the boats! QS, the bakery is decent as is the food stand on the Boardwalk, BUT, you have endless options at Epcot a especially with food and wine. If I remember correctly, I think I had the same concerns before staying there and never even thought about them when we were there. It is our favorite resort. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter