Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don’t mind the communal toiletries since I’m brand specific on the stuff i use. I did like bringing a few little bottles home but I’m sure that’s why they are going to communal toiletries. No more hoarding and taking extras home.

Does anyone have any experience with the sofa beds or pull down bed in the villas?

Are they decent for a week?

Does anyone have any experience with the sofa beds or pull down bed in the villas?

For a kid or lightweight adult, yes. For normal adults, no. Basically, a three section foam bad on a platform.

I slept on the sofa for 5 nights last October and it was ok for me. My husband also sleeps ok on the sofa bed in general. We both prefer a real bed, but we have had worse beds in hotels, too. We are both not very light adults, but neither very heavy. I think I could do a week on the sofa if it were necessary, but I would prefer not to.

I slept on the sofa for 5 nights last October and it was ok for me. My husband also sleeps ok on the sofa bed in general. We both prefer a real bed, but we have had worse beds in hotels, too. We are both not very light adults, but neither very heavy. I think I could do a week on the sofa if it were necessary, but I would prefer not to.
Thanks. I'm not a particularly picky sleeper and have slept on many couches and floors throughout my life haha.

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Obviously not ideal, but i think I can manage for a week.

I'm sure you are more than welcome to bring your own pods and coffee maker and not use the one in the villa.

I was just saying that if they switch to a kuereg, I wouldn't expect DVC to supply kcups and in order to keep dues down, would be more than happy to bring my own. Not everybody feels that DVC owes us the world.

Thanks. I'm not a particularly picky sleeper and have slept on many couches and floors throughout my life haha.

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Obviously not ideal, but i think I can manage for a week.

Yes, I am someone who can sleep on most any surface and the sofa is definitely better than floor and typically couches. I thought as sleeper sofas go it was in the upper 25%.

Like it or not, this is the way the world is moving. It saves money for the hotel and reduces waste. Collecting mini toiletries will be a thing of the past, just like collecting match boxes from restaurants has become.

I am all for reducing waste. I am by no means a tree hugger, but I do try to recycle everything I can. This planet is becoming a huge garbage dump and I fear for the next generations. Far too many things that should be recycled get thrown in the dump, especially at public places such as theme parks. We all need to do our part. [/soapbox]

As of today, they still have the individual toiletries. Besides the usual, we’ve been given mouthwash, cooling gel, and foot scrub. We’ve also been given shower caps and vanity kits with cotton swabs and Emory boards. We do not use all of these items completely on a daily basis, and we are always given more.

Sounds like what we were given at the Grand in April. I highly doubt that they will be putting dispensers in at the Deluxe's, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone done the walk from Boardwalk to DHS with the new bus stop location? Disney Food Blog says the walk is now "significantly longer." We were planning on walking for AM EMH in two weeks rather than relying on the boat, but were hoping for more like a 10-15 minute walk rather than 25-30...we are young and fit, but would prefer not to start the day hot and sweaty...

Has anyone done the walk from Boardwalk to DHS with the new bus stop location? Disney Food Blog says the walk is now "significantly longer." We were planning on walking for AM EMH in two weeks rather than relying on the boat, but were hoping for more like a 10-15 minute walk rather than 25-30...we are young and fit, but would prefer not to start the day hot and sweaty...
Yes. I am here now and plan on adding another 10-15 minutes to your walk. It is no longer a “short walk” to HS, take the boat and your feet will thank you.

Yes. I am here now and plan on adding another 10-15 minutes to your walk. It is no longer a “short walk” to HS, take the boat and your feet will thank you.

Anyone know the duration of these changes? We will be there at the end of Dec. Never been to Boardwalk before so I don't even know how long the walk normally takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter