• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

What is the best way to request a room? I'm not asking for a specific room with specific amenities, but I have a lot of health issues and have difficulty walking long distances and standing for long periods of time. I just wanted to request something close to transportation, if possible. I know there is no guarantee for my request to be honored, which is perfectly fine, but I was just wondering what method works best such as faxing, calling, emailing, etc. Thank you kindly in advance.
I always use Touring Plans room request fax service, request something close to the elevator. If you get close to the elevator it's usually pretty easy to get in/out and close to the lobby.

I always use Touring Plans room request fax service, request something close to the elevator. If you get close to the elevator it's usually pretty easy to get in/out and close to the lobby.
Do you have to subscribe to touring plans to use that service? I was on there earlier looking up room locations, but I don't ha e a subscription. Thank you

Do you have to subscribe to touring plans to use that service? I was on there earlier looking up room locations, but I don't ha e a subscription. Thank you
Unfortunately, I do not know. I've kept a subscription active for so long I am not sure what is offered to those without and to those with. It costs so little I've just never thought about not renewing, even though I don't use it for much other than room requests.

I’m 99% sure you do need the subscription for this service. Like AngiTN, I have kept mine active for a while now. The reservation finder does not need a subscription.

Yep, you do have to be a subscriber for the room request fax. I do recommend it though--both times I've used it I've gotten pretty close to the exact room I requested. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the Garden Cottages. In all my stays at the BWI, we have never stayed in them, but I have 2 stays coming up next year. We will be in them in February and April. You will love the Club Level there. Please tell Chef Redgie Kerry says hi!
@KerryCM, we just got home a few hours ago and I must tell you, both my husband and I loved the Garden Cottage. This was such a special trip. Not only is the cottage itself amazing for a couple, but the entire area of the courtyard where the cottages are located is so quiet and serene. We have two trips already planned and booked for 2019. One is an extended family trip so we'll be staying in several larger villas at CCWL, but for the trip that's just myself and my husband, I think we're going to cancel our usual 1 bedroom villa at BWV and do the Garden Cottage again. As for the club lounge, you were correct. It was great. I really didn't think we would get any use out of it since we weren't staying on the same floor, but the walk up was painless and the food was honestly really good. We've stayed club level many times at other resorts and never found much of interest there other than an extra place to sit and have a nice coffee, but at Boardwalk there was actually really special food worth eating. We did not meet the chef you mention, but the two chefs that we did interact with were great, as were all members of the club level staff, including housekeeping.

Do all of the rooms a BWI with 2 Queens have a day bed?

We have a stay booked for a Garden view room, and we have 5 people in our party (2 adults, 3 kids) so we will definitely need a room with a day bed.
When I look at the Touring plans room finder and search for the "Garden view/2 Queens +1 day bed" very few options show up (two rooms on floor 1, two rooms on floor 3, and one room on floor 4.)
Additionally, they all seem to either have roll in showers or other accommodations.
If I look for just the 2 queens (no mention of daybed) there are tons of rooms.

Is this just a mistake on touring plans part? I was considering putting in a room request through them/signing up for a membership, but if there are truly only 5 rooms my family of five can fit in (and they are all accessible?) I won't bother.

We have a stay booked for a Garden view room, and we have 5 people in our party (2 adults, 3 kids) so we will definitely need a room with a day bed.
When I look at the Touring plans room finder and search for the "Garden view/2 Queens +1 day bed" very few options show up (two rooms on floor 1, two rooms on floor 3, and one room on floor 4.)
Additionally, they all seem to either have roll in showers or other accommodations.

Is this just a mistake on touring plans part? I was considering putting in a room request through them/signing up for a membership, but if there are truly only 5 rooms my family of five can fit in (and they are all accessible?) I won't bother.

I know people have reported success with the Tourning Plans room finder. When I was looking at it for a different hotel, I found that it was a mess. Many errors.

@KerryCM, we just got home a few hours ago and I must tell you, both my husband and I loved the Garden Cottage. This was such a special trip. Not only is the cottage itself amazing for a couple, but the entire area of the courtyard where the cottages are located is so quiet and serene. We have two trips already planned and booked for 2019. One is an extended family trip so we'll be staying in several larger villas at CCWL, but for the trip that's just myself and my husband, I think we're going to cancel our usual 1 bedroom villa at BWV and do the Garden Cottage again. As for the club lounge, you were correct. It was great. I really didn't think we would get any use out of it since we weren't staying on the same floor, but the walk up was painless and the food was honestly really good. We've stayed club level many times at other resorts and never found much of interest there other than an extra place to sit and have a nice coffee, but at Boardwalk there was actually really special food worth eating. We did not meet the chef you mention, but the two chefs that we did interact with were great, as were all members of the club level staff, including housekeeping.
Thank you so much for the review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am now excited to try the cottages!

No, all the rooms at BWI do not have 2 Queens and a Daybed. Most do but not 100%
If you book a room with 5 people you will be given a room with a daybed, so no fears there.
And the room parameters on Touring Plans are wrong as often as they are right. They only thing you can rely on it for is room location. That they can't get wrong ;)

Angi How did I miss the post about the events...lol :blush:...wow lots of fun things to do...hope they will carry this further than September....

I didn't realize the the To Go cart didn't take the dining plan...:sad2:...you would think that they would..or should! Nachos are always yummy... but I guess after a few days their appeal would have run its course.. lol...So happy to hear about the white pizza being so good...I had read about all of the new options now available at the pizza window! There is even a meat ball sub...putting a stop at the pizza window on our list...

My son got the meatball sub from the pizza window twice. He loved it.

Oh Boardwalk! While I loved so much about you, I don’t think you’re my forever home. The pros:

1. Our room, 2320. It was a standard view room, but had a lovely view of an inner courtyard and the cottages. I plan on sending photos to Touring Plans for their view finder. It was fantastic being on the main level and literally never stepping foot in an elevator—we just used the stairs by Belle Vue to get to the boardwalk, DHS and Epcot.

2. Luna Park Pool. We LOVED it here! The general vibe was so much more chill than Stormalong Bay, and we loved how themed the bar was! The slide was also way faster and more fun than SB or the slide at the Poly.

3. Walking to Epcot and DHS! While the walk to DHS once the diversion started wasn’t pleasant, it certainly was lovely not to have to bother with buses or boats for half the parks!

Cons:
1. This is not a DDP friendly resort. The Pizza window was eh (the side salads were WAY better than the pizzas) and it was really annoying that there was no self-serve option for the mugs beyond the bakery, which was seemingly quite a hike from the rooms.

2. Housekeeping straight up didn’t come the last two days of our stay, even though our DND sign was never up, we were out of the room from 7 or 8 am until late evening and we left exceedingly generous tips every day previously. I stopped by the front desk the last night and was satisfied with their guest recovery, but still would have preferred our beds made, trashes emptied and fresh towels! (I actually grabbed towels off a rouge cart that was parked in the hall after our front desk visit...)

3. It took forever to get to AK and MK. Boardwalk does NOT have dedicated bus service.

I really did love a lot of the decor and vibe of the resort, but there was enough to give me serious pause over staying there again.

3. It took forever to get to AK and MK. Boardwalk does NOT have dedicated bus service..
But it does. I went to AK and MK both via bus on various times between Sunday 9/2 and Wednsday 9/4 and not once did we share on any of our bus rides. Not even the one time I expected it to share, returning from MK following the Halloween Party on 9/3.
We rode primarily between 10:00 and 12:00 in the morning and then in again after dinner in the evenings, plus after the party.
It does share at times for sure but wanted to make sure to point out that it's not 100% either way, shared or not shared.

I would LOVE TO stay In a cottage some day. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

We arrived Sunday around 1pm. Our room was ready. We had booked a water view room. We got a beautiful view (right over the bar) with a king bed. It’s just perfect. It’s been hot as hades so far, but who cares, we’re at Disney!

Well made some changes to my reservation yesterday as I had a 3 way split stay.

Asked my child which resort he wanted to stay at and the first thing he said was "Boardwalk". I asked him if he had a second choice and he said "Contemporary". LOL

So going to be back at Boardwalk for a couple days and then off to POFQ. Was originally going to do a one night club level stay at monorail resort but decided a better value to stay 2 nights Boardwalk for similar price.

Alas no InnKeepers Club this year though :(

Well made some changes to my reservation yesterday as I had a 3 way split stay.

Asked my child which resort he wanted to stay at and the first thing he said was "Boardwalk". I asked him if he had a second choice and he said "Contemporary". LOL

So going to be back at Boardwalk for a couple days and then off to POFQ. Was originally going to do a one night club level stay at monorail resort but decided a better value to stay 2 nights Boardwalk for similar price.

Alas no InnKeepers Club this year though :(
The Bellevue lounge is a nice evening stopping spot.

When is your trip?

I arrive late Friday night BWI gv then move the next day to a 2br villa then move again to GF RPC. I am not thrilled but with last minute family additions its the best I can do!

Just hoping the weather cooperates!

In reference to the buses being shared. We only used the park buses two times (one round trip) last week. Once to go to Disney Springs. We went straight there after pick up but the bus was already mostly full when it stopped at BW. Then again for the return trip which took quite some time. It stopped at The Swan, The Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and finally Boardwalk.
On past trips, we've had all sorts of combinations. Sometimes buses are BW only both ways. Sometimes they share with YC/BC. Sometimes they share with Swan/Dolphin. Sometimes all 5 resorts share. Our personal policy is that we start out each trip using the buses but if we hit a point where we're out of patience we switch to taxi/uber/Minnie Van for the remainder of the trip. Sometimes that switch never happens. Sometimes it happens pretty early. No point in being irritated on vacation when there's an easy opt out.

I believe DS is one destination that is ALWAYS shared, both to and from. Not 100% positive about that but I've never taken a trip to/from DS that wasn't shared. AK and MK isn't the case. They have been mixed, mostly not shared but every once in a while, they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter