Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi, has anyone stayed recently at BWI, on the Inn side? Is there alot of construction going on? If there is any going on where is it and did it effect your stay? Going in August! Thank you!
We spent two nights earlier this week. Our room was on the lobby level, the hallway to the left just passed the lounge. We booked a garden view (when that was still a category) and our view was of construction vehicles and the red barriers. We could definitely hear noise when the vehicles moved around and it mainly affected us in the sense that we didn't end up using our balcony at all.

Isn't it sad though that if you are staying at the BW you have to figure out where to GO to get a quick hot breakfast? I mean, other than a mobile order from TaF, it's basically just continental offerings. It's dismal given this is a deluxe resort. For our family, it just doesn't work. My DD22 has several food allergies and my DH insists on a hot breakfast every morning. We prefer to eat QS because it's cheaper, it's QUICK, and it allows us to visit separately if we wish because we don't always get out of bed at the same time. We like to have breakfast in the room or at the QS and then back to the room to freshen up and get ready before leaving for the park.

And this past trip, due to Genie+, we sometimes decided to leave for the parks after a quick lunch which is also hard to find at BW. The deli and pizza window just don't cut it with allergies and we do not want to do TS for lunch.

I love the location and the new rooms at BW but we aren't going to pay a premium to stay there but need to travel elsewhere for food choices. I wish Big River Grill would close and reopen as a proper Disney owned and operated QS from 7am - 12midnight. It would also solve the issue of mug refills.

OK. Rant over :p
This is true. As we talk as a family, my teens dislike the lack of food and even refill of mugs. There needs to be a station at one of the pools. We love SSR or Poly for their breakfast and QS options. Such a beautiful area too.

This is true. As we talk as a family, my teens dislike the lack of food and even refill of mugs. There needs to be a station at one of the pools. We love SSR or Poly for their breakfast and QS options. Such a beautiful area too.
There's not a lack of food..breakfast yes. Lunch to dinner is a veritable smorgasbord around the lake...starting at Boardwalk. Expensive...yes. I will admit we had the pepperoni Flatbread more than we expected last month at the pool.

Last edited:
Don't they refill the mugs at the pool? I thought they did.

The pool bar refills mugs

i think there must be enough of us non egg eaters to find plenty at bwi.

Great thing about Disney for egg eaters there are lots of other choices. Lol

We spent two nights earlier this week. Our room was on the lobby level, the hallway to the left just passed the lounge. We booked a garden view (when that was still a category) and our view was of construction vehicles and the red barriers. We could definitely hear noise when the vehicles moved around and it mainly affected us in the sense that we didn't end up using our balcony at all.
Did you discuss this with the front desk? That’s unacceptable to pay a garden view up charge for a construction parking lot. Ridiculous that they’re forcing guests to complain in order to get what they booked 😡

There's not a lack of food..breakfast yes. Lunch to dinner is a veritable smorgasbord around the lake...starting at Boardwalk. Expensive...yes. I will admit we had the pepperoni Flatbread more than we expected last month at the pool.

You just proved my point. You have to leave the resort to find food that isn't expensive/TS. This is especially true for folks with food allergies.

Trattoria...Italian and a decent breakfast. .flying fish...seafood and steaks..Swan and Dolphin...mexican..Italian. steak house ..big river...basically Applebee's with a better beer selection....Boardwalk deli...sandwiches....pizza window....Boardwalk joes..mickey pretzels and dole whips...epcot..you name it ..

What are you looking for that isn't a hop skip or jump from Boardwalk?
My point is, you must LEAVE the BW resort to find QS allergy friendly options. I find this unacceptable for a deluxe resort. If I have to eat at YC or BC or (insert option), I might as well stay at the other resort. It would require less planning and walking. Although don't get me wrong, YC/BC aren't stellar for QS options either but they still offer more than BW.

I realize all families don't have the same issues. My DD22 (also special needs) is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas and melons. My DH gets cranky without his hot breakfast platter. DD25 and myself are happy as clams to just eat pastries and coffee. BW is literally the only resort that we cannot get something for everyone in our group for breakfast at a QS. And, the lunch options aren't much better.

Just sayin'..........and it's a shame because we really love the theme, room decor, and pools but it isn't worth the hassle for our family.

My point is, you must LEAVE the BW resort to find QS allergy friendly options. I find this unacceptable for a deluxe resort. If I have to eat at YC or BC or (insert option), I might as well stay at the other resort. It would require less planning and walking. Although don't get me wrong, YC/BC aren't stellar for QS options either but they still offer more than BW.

I realize all families don't have the same issues. My DD22 (also special needs) is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas and melons. My DH gets cranky without his hot breakfast platter. DD25 and myself are happy as clams to just eat pastries and coffee. BW is literally the only resort that we cannot get something for everyone in our group for breakfast at a QS. And, the lunch options aren't much better.

Just sayin'..........and it's a shame because we really love the theme, room decor, and pools but it isn't worth the hassle for our family.
I think most of us look at our family's wants, needs and budget and then choose a resort that is the best fit.
What is a problem for you may not be an issue at all to someone else.
WDW has lots of resorts, plenty of options.

I realize I am coming off as a boardwalk fan boy...lol. my last trip I was really honed in on ADRs...and I got all what I wanted..but ultimately it was just too hot and I cancelled 75% of them when I was there...coming to the realization that micromanagement of meals at WDW is overrated.. .hence my reliance on pepperoni Flatbread at the pool during our afternoon park breaks.

Sorry you have these issues .didn't mean to come off as argumentative.

Sorry you have these issues .didn't mean to come off as argumentative.

No worries. I get why some people really love BW and I am guessing these travelers don't have the same challenges. I kinda laughed at your previous comment with cancelling all the ADRs. We realized many trips ago that we only like a few TS restaurants per trip and prefer to eat QS for easier fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants dining. I usually book 4 or 5 for a 10 day trip but we ultimately cancel at least 2 of them. Your flatbread reminds me of a trip at GF where I ate this really awesome grilled chicken sandwich probably 3 times in a week. It was just so darn tasty.

I am just so bummed that BW doesn't work for us. If they just had ONE decent QS that served B/L/D I would be booking our next trip there! I think we will be YC bound in Jan 2025. (unless Iger reads my suggestion and turns BRG into a BW QS :laughing: )

No worries. I get why some people really love BW and I am guessing these travelers don't have the same challenges. I kinda laughed at your previous comment with cancelling all the ADRs. We realized many trips ago that we only like a few TS restaurants per trip and prefer to eat QS for easier fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants dining. I usually book 4 or 5 for a 10 day trip but we ultimately cancel at least 2 of them. Your flatbread reminds me of a trip at GF where I ate this really awesome grilled chicken sandwich probably 3 times in a week. It was just so darn tasty.

I am just so bummed that BW doesn't work for us. If they just had ONE decent QS that served B/L/D I would be booking our next trip there! I think we will be YC bound in Jan 2025. (unless Iger reads my suggestion and turns BRG into a BW QS :laughing: )
Are you talking about the Brie chicken sandwich at GF? I loved that a few years ago. Did the same thing.

Are you talking about the Brie chicken sandwich at GF? I loved that a few years ago. Did the same thing.
Maybe?? At the time, I was having to eat gluten free. It was an in house made gluten free bun, grilled chicken, marinated tomato, basil, brie?, avocado? It was so long ago but it was SO GOOD! I ordered it at the beach pool from a server or bartender (depending on the day) and it was actually made in the GFC kitchen. I just remember thinking the marinated tomato made everything on the sandwich just "sing" :love:

ETA: I looked back at my notes and I think the sandwich had lettuce, marinated tomato, avocado and provolone. Probably a different sandwich but either way, GF makes REALLY tasty grilled chicken sammies!!

Last edited:
Did you discuss this with the front desk? That’s unacceptable to pay a garden view up charge for a construction parking lot. Ridiculous that they’re forcing guests to complain in order to get what they booked 😡
We did and unfortunately I was told they only had two other rooms that we could switch to and neither was an improvement. The CM really wanted us to be happy and said we could keep checking back as the afternoon went on to see if anything else opened up. At that point it was after 3 p.m. and we wanted to get settled so we just stayed put in the original room. It was only two nights but if had been a week-long stay I would've kept trying to move.

We did and unfortunately I was told they only had two other rooms that we could switch to and neither was an improvement. The CM really wanted us to be happy and said we could keep checking back as the afternoon went on to see if anything else opened up. At that point it was after 3 p.m. and we wanted to get settled so we just stayed put in the original room. It was only two nights but if had been a week-long stay I would've kept trying to move.
Good Lord! They knew they couldn’t provide you with what you booked and they left you out to dry 🤦🏻‍♀️ A refund for the difference in price after you informed them the view was unacceptable is the remedy that should have been immediately offered. They are capable of doing that by putting a credit on your account for the difference in cost (I’ve had to have this done before).

I would write guest services if you haven’t already. That’s some Cheapek Level behavior there, and while BWI hotel management does not care, maybe someone in guest services will look at your complaint and think “BWI is doing what?!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter