Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Good Lord! They knew they couldn’t provide you with what you booked and they left you out to dry 🤦🏻‍♀️ A refund for the difference in price after you informed them the view was unacceptable is the remedy that should have been immediately offered. They are capable of doing that by putting a credit on your account for the difference in cost (I’ve had to have this done before).

I would write guest services if you haven’t already. That’s some Cheapek Level behavior there, and while BWI hotel management does not care, maybe someone in guest services will look at your complaint and think “BWI is doing what?!”
Did they get an actual parking lot view or a garden view with construction vehicles? When we were there a few weeks ago, we saw small vehicles in the area near the quiet pool, which is considered garden view.

Did they get an actual parking lot view or a garden view with construction vehicles? When we were there a few weeks ago, we saw small vehicles in the area near the quiet pool, which is considered garden view.
Garden with construction vehicles and all the accompanying noises. Each of us has a different level of tolerance and a different level of fighting we’re willing to do with the front desk while on vacation. To Disney’s benefit there are definitely guests who don’t care they paid extra for a view of construction equipment and noises because it’s still a garden so it doesn’t matter enough to gripe about. But, OP was not one of those. If it didn’t still irk them, they wouldn’t be mentioning it. Therefore my suggestion to write guest services.

I pointed out Disney can comp things while you are there over issues because I’ve stood up to Disney before at their hotels over issues they caused. It always takes a next level push, first the front desk tries to acknowledge and brush it off, then I get more firm, then they’ll escalate it to someone who can do something. So far they have always made it right one way or another so I keep returning and paying their crazy prices.

BWI is my absolute favorite, but I would agree that the food situation can be inconvenient if you are looking for some Quick Service and an indoor place to eat. Sometimes I just don't want to run outside and bring food all the way back to the room.

My DD22 (also special needs) is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas and melons. My DH gets cranky without his hot breakfast platter.

I can see how this is a disappointing situation for you. However, your DD's eating limitations combined with your husband's self-imposed limitations put you in a rather small niche. I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect your very specific niche needs to be met in their entirety by any given hotel/resort. In this case, they are met, you just have to walk 5-7 minutes to do so, which is an exceedingly small inconvenience.

Compare this to a non-WDW hotel setting (like a Marriott, etc.) they'd likely just shrug and say "sorry, can't accommodate."

I can see how this is a disappointing situation for you. However, your DD's eating limitations combined with your husband's self-imposed limitations put you in a rather small niche. I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect your very specific niche needs to be met in their entirety by any given hotel/resort. In this case, they are met, you just have to walk 5-7 minutes to do so, which is an exceedingly small inconvenience.

Compare this to a non-WDW hotel setting (like a Marriott, etc.) they'd likely just shrug and say "sorry, can't accommodate."

On Disney property, it's actually not a problem at any other resort other than BW (except for maybe CSR where food service is run by an outside group)....which was my point. It's very disappointing for a deluxe resort.

I don't compare hotels off property to Disney as it's a completely different dynamic.

My point is, you must LEAVE the BW resort to find QS allergy friendly options. I find this unacceptable for a deluxe resort. If I have to eat at YC or BC or (insert option), I might as well stay at the other resort. It would require less planning and walking. Although don't get me wrong, YC/BC aren't stellar for QS options either but they still offer more than BW.

I realize all families don't have the same issues. My DD22 (also special needs) is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas and melons. My DH gets cranky without his hot breakfast platter. DD25 and myself are happy as clams to just eat pastries and coffee. BW is literally the only resort that we cannot get something for everyone in our group for breakfast at a QS. And, the lunch options aren't much better.

Just sayin'..........and it's a shame because we really love the theme, room decor, and pools but it isn't worth the hassle for our family.
Simply a case that all resorts aren’t right for everyone They don’t have to be. I hate the loud over the top theming at Value resorts. Plus no TS. I don’t fault Disney there. It’s simply they aren’t for us. We stay at choices that are for us

No worries. I get why some people really love BW and I am guessing these travelers don't have the same challenges. I kinda laughed at your previous comment with cancelling all the ADRs. We realized many trips ago that we only like a few TS restaurants per trip and prefer to eat QS for easier fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants dining. I usually book 4 or 5 for a 10 day trip but we ultimately cancel at least 2 of them. Your flatbread reminds me of a trip at GF where I ate this really awesome grilled chicken sandwich probably 3 times in a week. It was just so darn tasty.

I am just so bummed that BW doesn't work for us. If they just had ONE decent QS that served B/L/D I would be booking our next trip there! I think we will be YC bound in Jan 2025. (unless Iger reads my suggestion and turns BRG into a BW QS :laughing: )
There aren’t decent QS at Disney world. Period. In shocked that someone with all the food issues you posted can enjoy Qs any at all. It’s the worse for complex food restrictions. TS manages well. There’s all of that you can want at boardwalk

On Disney property, it's actually not a problem at any other resort other than BW (except for maybe CSR where food service is run by an outside group)....which was my point. It's very disappointing for a deluxe resort.

I don't compare hotels off property to Disney as it's a completely different dynamic.
Disappointing for you. There’s plenty of other people which don’t find it very disappointing.

And if it’s not a problem at any other Disney resort, then stay at one of the others. You have a lot to choose from.

There aren’t decent QS at Disney world. Period. In shocked that someone with all the food issues you posted can enjoy Qs any at all. It’s the worse for complex food restrictions.

We have a completely opposite experience. WDW is the only place we have visited that actually actively accommodates guests with food allergies. Of course TS has more options as they have more ingredients, equipment, etc. She can't eat at every QS but there are always many locations at every park with lots of options for her. The most difficult QS is the Epcot resorts and the non-Disney owned QS.

Universal parks are dismal in comparison. Not only do they not accommodate, the attitude we get from team members is off-putting. The attitude comes off like "here, read the ingredient book. Order something or go somewhere else."

It's actually one of the reasons WDW is part of our regular vacation destinations. It's so easy to get safe food for her.

...their breakfast IS really good! Across the lake is Ale & Compass [in the Yacht Club Resort] and offers a great breakfast too!
...this is especially delicious!

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi5Y4spFG5LOIuQIVjiOGEi4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj-HHxOlWqJV_10RiJ-_YmLUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJibvL1R3PXU3FWI7NoUrJogaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

We ate here 4 times already [ 2 breakfast, 2 dinner] and haven't had a bad meal yet!

We are staying in a CL room and I know it comes with a mini cooler. Does it have a freezer in it or just refrig? Thanks for any info.

Just realized they did not install rain showers? I'm disappointed. I hated the old school shower heads at BWI and BC, even the fake rain shower heads in YC were better than those. I was hoping for the fully plumbed in one like WL got, but at a minimum I expected the YC style... Although I think my coffee just kicked in- both the BWI & BC remodels were designed under Cheapek :scared:

Just realized they did not install rain showers? I'm disappointed. I hated the old school shower heads at BWI and BC, even the fake rain shower heads in YC were better than those. I was hoping for the fully plumbed in one like WL got, but at a minimum I expected the YC style... Although I think my coffee just kicked in- both the BWI & BC remodels were designed under Cheapek :scared:
The shower I thought was fine. It was a lot better than the shower that we had when we stayed at POFQ. That one had like no pressure at all. I don’t remember the type of shower is was

The shower I thought was fine. It was a lot better than the shower that we had when we stayed at POFQ. That one had like no pressure at all. I don’t remember the type of shower is was
I feel a bit better about my upcoming stay! I hated the old ones they had and the pic looked the same. Dang things sprayed everywhere and yet somehow were lousy at spraying me:rotfl2:

Hi, I just booked BWI for my husband and I’s next stay using the bounceback offer. WL, Poly, and BC were all unavailable. YC, BWI, and GF were all available, but BWI was the best option price wise. We never stayed in the Epcot area before and have never rode the skyliner. Any advice? We have a resort view booked. Thank you!

Hi, I just booked BWI for my husband and I’s next stay using the bounceback offer. WL, Poly, and BC were all unavailable. YC, BWI, and GF were all available, but BWI was the best option price wise. We never stayed in the Epcot area before and have never rode the skyliner. Any advice? We have a resort view booked. Thank you!
What kind of advice are you seeking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter