Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi we just booked a last minute to Disney for 10 days from now (crazy I know). Predictably dining is limited. I've never stayed at the Boardwalk. It will be my and my 2 sons (no DH). Kids are 8 & 10 and are NOT night owls at all and we tend to eat at 5 or 5:30. I've been pretty lucky getting some decent TS lunch reservations. I am wondering what to plan to eat around the BW. Should I book TS (limited options) or are there good options for CS that won't be crowded? Can I get a drink at a CS (beer vodka?)? How far a walk is it to Epcot (I could get park hoppers and do dinners at Epcot is this a crazy idea?)?

Also we got a "standard room" I really only care about being in a quiet place with 2 queens and a daybed although of course a nice view would be epic. Any suggestions?

Thank you magic makers!

Hi we just booked a last minute to Disney for 10 days from now (crazy I know). Predictably dining is limited. I've never stayed at the Boardwalk. It will be my and my 2 sons (no DH). Kids are 8 & 10 and are NOT night owls at all and we tend to eat at 5 or 5:30. I've been pretty lucky getting some decent TS lunch reservations. I am wondering what to plan to eat around the BW. Should I book TS (limited options) or are there good options for CS that won't be crowded? Can I get a drink at a CS (beer vodka?)? How far a walk is it to Epcot (I could get park hoppers and do dinners at Epcot is this a crazy idea?)?

Also we got a "standard room" I really only care about being in a quiet place with 2 queens and a daybed although of course a nice view would be epic. Any suggestions?

Thank you magic makers!
We always do park hoppers and use them especially effectively when we stay at BWI. I think there isn't a day that we don't go to Epcot -- even if it is to go to France for a meal or dessert. It's a 5 minute walk to the IG entrance. I don't think it's crazy at all to walk over there for a snack or meal. With your boys, I would think that CS meals would be perfectly fine with them for dinner. You can do that at any of the theme parks if you'll be in the park. For dinners on the early side, I think you wouldn't have a problem getting into the Captain's Grille at YC. We've always been able to walk in for an early dinner on our arrival days.

The Bellevue Lounge is nice for a drink in the evening. During the day, the bar at the feature pool has a full bar.

Have a fun time on your trip!

Thank you magic makers!

Congrats!!! 10 days....your trip will be here before your know it! :goodvibes ...

There are a few very nice CS options..also table services that don't require reservations... in the BWI area....BW Bakery had delicious sandwiches, soups...and lets not forget their desserts! Also there is a walk up pizza window...very nice to sit our on the BW..there is ample seating...and enjoy a CS meal and people watch...there is also a TO GO Kiosk...it has hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers and chicken sandwiches...standard fast food fare...but pretty good....

For table service that does not require reservations I would suggest Big River Grille and Brewing Works...a nice menu...kind of pub fare...also lots of varieties as you would guess from the name of beers...another spot..although I think I read recently that they are now taking ressies would be ESPN club....similar to Big River...burgers, hot wings...and a fun atmosphere...

Since you were also asking about different kinds of beverages....:drinking1I would very highly recommend Boardwalk Joe's..home of the Marvelous Margarita..and a few other very tasty drinks....Captains Seaside Sensation is a fave...It's a pineapple smoothie with Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum...YUM!

and of course as you know....there are lots and lots of options at Epcot...and as Sandi suggested Captains Grille...a recent fave of ours...all just a quick distance away....

I do think that all BWI rooms have day beds...if you would prefer a quiet room...then I would suggest a room further from the elevators...be aware though...the BWI has some loooong hallways....if you take a look over on touring Plans..they have a room finder that will give you a good idea where rooms are located through out the resort....

A few other suggestions...lots of fun evening entertainment out on the Boardwalk that your kids would probably enjoy..like jugglers...and evening movies out on the commons at the center of the resort..you might want to grab an ice cream from the new Ample Hills Creamery too...ice cream and movies! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip...BWI is a really such a delightful resort....

Kind of off topic...but it does relate to our winter trip to the BWI...lol....does anyone have an idea when the Candlelight Processional packages are generally released....We really enjoyed being able to walk over to Epcot to see this spectacular show....and then walk back to the resort afterwards....and I am anxious to book it....::yes::

Kind of off topic...but it does relate to our winter trip to the BWI...lol....does anyone have an idea when the Candlelight Processional packages are generally released....We really enjoyed being able to walk over to Epcot to see this spectacular show....and then walk back to the resort afterwards....and I am anxious to book it....::yes::
Last year the packages were released around July 7th.

Arriving 7-2, first time renting points and have a 1BR Villa, Preferred view. Question, Can we put in for room requests on Villas? Is it too late? We don't mind a walk and would love to see Illumnations
Recommendations ?
Thanks
Pierce

Arriving 7-2, first time renting points and have a 1BR Villa, Preferred view. Question, Can we put in for room requests on Villas? Is it too late? We don't mind a walk and would love to see Illumnations
Recommendations ?
Thanks
Pierce

It's not too late, but the request has to come from the owner. So if you rented through David's or someplace like that, you would give them the request, and they would ask the owner to add it, but the owner is not obliged to do so. (Though I think most would.) The preferred views (non-BW view) on the Villa side face away from Epcot, so Illuminations wouldn't be an option, but now people are seeing the Star Wars fireworks from DHS in some of those rooms. I don't know if there is a specific request that could get those, though. High floor facing the canal or quiet pool might do it? Maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck!

Last edited:

Thank you magic makers!

By the way, we've found that a LOT of ADRs open up the day before (or sometimes a few days before) when people change their mind and want to avoid the cancellation charge. It makes it hard to plan, but if you want something specific, keep checking often on those last few days. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Ps -- in addition to all the great suggestions everyone has made, there are also the Swan And Dolphin restaurants close by, though they don't take the dining plan, if that's an issue. Fountains is anothrt good burger place, and Bluezoo is a great signature-quality restaurant (pricey like the signatures.) I used to see people rave all the time about il Mulino, but we didn't really like it. We thought Trattoria was better. If you go early, you might be able to get a walk in to Tratorria as well.

Last edited:
By the way, we've found that a LOT of ADRs open up the day before (or sometimes a few days before) when people change their mind and want to avoid the cancellation charge. It makes it hard to plan, but if you want something specific, keep checking often on those last few days. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Ps -- in addition to all the great suggestions everyone has made, there are also the Swan And Dolphin restaurants close by, though they don't take the dining plan, if that's an issue. Fountains is anothrt good burger place, and Bluezoo is a great signature-quality restaurant (pricey like the signatures.) I used to see people rave all the time about il Mulino, but we didn't really like it. We thought Trattoria was better. If you go early, you might be able to get a walk in to Tratorria as well.

So true. I just made some last minute changes for tomorrow and Saturday, to accommodate my daughter's schedule. There were plenty of options.

Thank you magic makers!

I had to do a double take, because I just booked the same thing, only mine is 14 days out! I was able to get FP+ for the new Soarin and FEA so I decided to splurge and make a mini vacation out of it.

When I visit during summer season, I usually prefer to do TS at lunch to have a nice leisurely A/C break during the hottest part of the day. Then I just grab a light meal for dinner. So if you are having gook luck with lunch ADRs then I would stick with those. You can get sandwiches at BC Marketplace, Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk ToGo, or Hurricane Hannas. I've eaten at all four and been satisfied. They're no Flying Fish, but no worse than any other quick service. There is also the pizza window, but it depends on what kind of pizza you prefer whether you should consider that an option. Personally I think it's OK, but not great.

We will be trying the Deluxe CL rooms the first week of Dec. and I am hoping you guys can answer a few questions. We have stayed many times at the BWI CL but never the deluxe rooms. I think they have three of them on the third floor and three of them on the fourth floor but do they both have the larger balconies? I want to request a room on the fourth floor so that we are on the same floor as the lounge area and inside the Inn Keepers doors but I thought I saw something somewhere that said the rooms on the third floor had the larger balconies and the ones on the fourth floor had balconies the same size as the standard CL rooms. Anyone?
Most of the deluxe room on the 4 th floor the balconies ate not the large one you find on some of the rooms, they have 4 Deluxes rom on the 3 & 4 floor . I like the rooms but find them a little bit too much for just the two of us. Up to you if you have decided on that room. Good luck on getting the ones that will make you happy. They do have 4 on the fourth floor one is on the out of club level just so you know

Just a note, there are a total of 10 Deluxe CL rooms available at the BWI CL, and they all have boardwalk views: 5 on the 3rd floor and 5 on the 4th floor. My personal favorite is 4227, love the view and that fact that it is very close to the lounge but not right across the hall (reduced noise). Next up would be 4229, and 4225 (they bookend 4227). The other two are closer to the elevators or about 8-10 rooms from the lounge, I don't know the room numbers but they are just past the Presidential Suite.

You are correct in that 1 Deluxe CL room is outside the Inn Keep's Club entrance on the 4th floor just like rooms on the 3rd floor.

Note: Lounge is located on the 4th floor

Dave

I have to say the buses leaving MK all three times, the Boardwalk buses are few and far between. Like 3 Yacht and Beach buses come per 1 BW bus. Our average wait time is 30 minutes for our three attempts leaving MK.

Most of the deluxe room on the 4 th floor the balconies ate not the large one you find on some of the rooms, they have 4 Deluxes rom on the 3 & 4 floor . I like the rooms but find them a little bit too much for just the two of us. Up to you if you have decided on that room. Good luck on getting the ones that will make you happy. They do have 4 on the fourth floor one is on the out of club level just so you know
Thank you for your response. I agree with you that if it was just my husband and I the rooms would be too much for us which is why we have never stayed in them. This visit my niece and her new husband will be spending one night with us and then my sister and my other niece will be staying with us for the rest of our trip. That's why we were asking about a larger balcony. Thank you for telling me that one of the deluxe rooms on the fourth floor is outside of the club area. Good to know since that is really important to me.

Just a note, there are a total of 10 Deluxe CL rooms available at the BWI CL, and they all have boardwalk views: 5 on the 3rd floor and 5 on the 4th floor. My personal favorite is 4227, love the view and that fact that it is very close to the lounge but not right across the hall (reduced noise). Next up would be 4229, and 4225 (they bookend 4227). The other two are closer to the elevators or about 8-10 rooms from the lounge, I don't know the room numbers but they are just past the Presidential Suite.

You are correct in that 1 Deluxe CL room is outside the Inn Keep's Club entrance on the 4th floor just like rooms on the 3rd floor.

Note: Lounge is located on the 4th floor

Dave
Thanks Dave for your answer. Do you know if the balconies are the same size on both floors? We might have six guests in the room for one night and then 4 people staying for the other nights so it may be a bit snug:)

4th floor would be cramped 3rd floor would be comfortable. We have had 5-6 out at a time standing room on the 3rd but still can work. I like being behind the doors too!!

What do you guys mean "staying behind the Innkeepers Doors"? We have our very first BW stay booked for September and we have a standard view CL.

I have to say the buses leaving MK all three times, the Boardwalk buses are few and far between. Like 3 Yacht and Beach buses come per 1 BW bus. Our average wait time is 30 minutes for our three attempts leaving MK.

If that's the case then I would just hop on a Yacht and Beach Club bus and walk to the Boardwalk...I know the walk can be kind of long, especially after a long day at the parks, but it could be better than waiting 30+ minutes..

What do you guys mean "staying behind the Innkeepers Doors"? We have our very first BW stay booked for September and we have a standard view CL.
The 4th floor concierge section known as the Innkeepers Club aka Club Level (CL). It is a section of rooms and suites that are behind a set of doors that require a valid CL room key (RFID Card) / MagicBand for access. As mentioned above, there is one Deluxe room that is just outside the "InnKeepers Doors" on the 4th floor.

In addition to the rooms in the 4th floor, there are 5 Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor and the Outer building Garden Suites that also have access to the 4th floor CL lounge.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Dave for your answer. Do you know if the balconies are the same size on both floors? We might have six guests in the room for one night and then 4 people staying for the other nights so it may be a bit snug:)
While the 4th floor Deluxe CL rooms sleep six: 2 QB and a Q pull-out sleeper, they don't have a very large balcony due to the boardwalk's exterior façade/roof lines. These balconies are just wider then the "French Doors", there are normally 2 patio chairs and a very, very small side table on the deck that take of the bulk of the deck space. The balconies stick out from the façade and don't have a privacy partition, so in addition to the view, you might see your adjacent room neighbors (smile and wave).

The 3rd floor Deluxe CL rooms also sleep six, have almost a full room width balcony with a partition to add privacy between each balcony. Again, these are integrated into the buildings façade design which means the 4th floor balconies overhang the center door area of the 3rd floor decks.

Note: All but two of the Deluxe CL rooms have a roof/awning overhanging the balcony. That's why I love CL Deluxe room 4227, nice open small balcony, great view with no roof/awning overhang. There is one other 4th floor Deluxe CL room is the one that is outside of the double "InnKeepers Club" doors and sorry but I don't know the room number.

Dave

Last edited:
Was this transportation experience at MK park close?

I have also experienced this right at MK park close nights (we now linger in the MK for the mass exodus and then take a leisurely stroll to the buses), as indicated above you could always catch one of the Y & BC buses or even one of the Swan & Dolphin buses. They all load very close together at the MK.

Sorry you experienced delays in transportation. Please note that the Boardwalk Inn/Villas is smaller than the Yacht & Beach Club resort. About 1/2 the total number of rooms. Scheduled bus transportation is an average of 20 minutes, so an average of 30 minutes while it might have seemed like forever after al long day, is still faster then going to the TTC, getting into a hot car and then exiting with the mass of other cars.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter