Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello! I've been enjoying a wonderful stay at BWV, but it's almost time to leave :guilty:. Where does the time go? It seems to take so long to get here and then POOF!

Anyway, I had a few questions:
1. What time is late check out?
2. How do you get it?
3. What is the likelihood of getting it?

Thanks!

Evening offerings are......
Those veggies look yummy.

You are right! What happened to me??? The window between dinner and airport pick-up would've given me a whole hour! ;) It literally took me all day, AND I took a break every 20 minutes or I would've just bought everything there. We even went a bought snacks for the airport :)

So proud of you for doing this yesterday so you can panic today.

Thank you, I'll try to post often. I will definitely be sending the Belle of the Boardwalk Ms. Kook some pics as well

:rotfl: That would be a great name if they ever replace the Friendship Boats with a ferry.

Have a wonderful time! That will be me 2 weeks from Saturday! I LOVE the day before a trip. This year though, we have the DENTIST at 11 the day before we fly, and I'm not looking forward to it. Our dentist is my cousin (which is super), but his practice is 45 min away, and this is going to eat up the day! I usually watch "Finding Nemo" the morning before a trip, then pack, clean up the house, then we go out for a nice dinner (not too much booze before a flight though!) to celebrate the "beginning" of vacation! Maybe I should reschedule that dentist appt....hmmm.

I always set aside my "This is when I'm going to pack" time, then ignore it and do it later on in about 10 minutes. :earboy2: For me, it's the laundry, and gathering what you need that eats up time. I can't remember the last trip that didn't involve a night-before 11 P.M. trip to CVS, Walmart, Target, or some other store that's open late!

Can you reschedule? That will eat up much of the day and what happens if your cousin decides you need a root canal RIGHT NOW?! I like coming home to a neat and tidy house, too. I don't want to feel like I wish I were still gone! I like how your vacation starts the day before by not cooking and I think we all forget something that day before we leave. You think you've got an extra package of (fill in the blank) somewhere in the house and of course, you don't, so off to (fill in the blank) you go, hoping that's the only thing you forgot. You'd think we were all going to Siberia when we plan a WDW trip.

There is some repacking to be done, because I realized some stuff I forgot of course :)

Do you need to go to Target or CVS? Safe travels to you and please check in with us!

Hello! I've been enjoying a wonderful stay at BWV, but it's almost time to leave :guilty:. Where does the time go? It seems to take so long to get here and then POOF!

2. How do you get it?

Thanks!

I hate last days! Late check-out must be approved by housekeeping so you need to call them. They will let you know if and how late you can check-out. I've heard it's more difficult with DVC, but give them a call and see. I think it's typically an hour or two at most?

Can you reschedule? That will eat up much of the day and what happens if your cousin decides you need a root canal RIGHT NOW?! I like coming home to a neat and tidy house, too. I don't want to feel like I wish I were still gone! I like how your vacation starts the day before by not cooking and I think we all forget something that day before we leave. You think you've got an extra package of (fill in the blank) somewhere in the house and of course, you don't, so off to (fill in the blank) you go, hoping that's the only thing you forgot. You'd think we were all going to Siberia when we plan a WDW trip.

I will think about rescheduling, but it's the 2 of us, and DP has a "Just get it over with" attitude.
As for the last minute runs to the store, I think my best was 2 years ago, at 11:35 P.M.(with a 6 A.M. flight the next morning) deciding I needed a new suitcase, as in the big, major suitcase. I stormed into my local target at about 11:48 P.M., much to the dismay of the staff, and made a decision at midnight on the dot, paid for it, then went home and packed it before my 3-3 1/2 hours of sleep!

I will think about rescheduling, but it's the 2 of us, and DP has a "Just get it over with" attitude.
As for the last minute runs to the store, I think my best was 2 years ago, at 11:35 P.M.(with a 6 A.M. flight the next morning) deciding I needed a new suitcase, as in the big, major suitcase. I stormed into my local target at about 11:48 P.M., much to the dismay of the staff, and made a decision at midnight on the dot, paid for it, then went home and packed it before my 3-3 1/2 hours of sleep!

:rotfl2:Now that's hilarious! Did you get any sleep that night? Are you still using that suitcase?

:rotfl2:Now that's hilarious! Did you get any sleep that night? Are you still using that suitcase?

Yes...and yes. I believe that day our only plan was FFC for dinner, so I slept on the plane, then we checked into BC, swam for a bit, took a long afternoon nap...dinner with Craig and Lorna (bartenders) at FF, and then a good night's sleep.
Isn't it amazing how being a little sleep deprived during the work week feels like a dread disease, but being a little over-tired on vacation is no biggie, and afternoon gaps fill the void quickly?

Yes...and yes. I believe that day our only plan was FFC for dinner, so I slept on the plane, then we checked into BC, swam for a bit, took a long afternoon nap...dinner with Craig and Lorna (bartenders) at FF, and then a good night's sleep.
Isn't it amazing how being a little sleep deprived during the work week feels like a dread disease, but being a little over-tired on vacation is no biggie, and afternoon gaps fill the void quickly?

Yes, totally different sleeplessness, like night and day:laughing:

2. How do you get it?

Thanks!

You would need to check with the front desk but generally the villas do not allow late check-out, especially if booked through DVC. If you are on a cash reservation it might be different.

Any updates on construction? We will have 2 studios at BWV August14-19 and got an email about exterior painting and maintenance to balconies. TIA.

Any updates on construction? We will have 2 studios at BWV August14-19 and got an email about exterior painting and maintenance to balconies. TIA.

I'm hoping to hear some updates too. I also got the email and we are due there in 12 days. I called the resort again and they said they are doing plumbing work - which can be very noisy. :(

Unsuprisingly the Flying Fish opens on the 3rd, the day we check out.
Are you talking about August 3rd? How did you hear?
Do you think it might be worth walking by a day or two before and seeing if they are doing any sort of soft opening?

Just called WDW Dining. It is opening August 3rd!!! :rainbow:

.... Although they are not taking reservations yet. I asked when they would be taking reservations and she said she did not have that information.

I tried making a ressie online after August 3rd but the system wouldn't let me.

Just called WDW Dining. It is opening August 3rd!!! :rainbow:

.... Although they are not taking reservations yet. I asked when they would be taking reservations and she said she did not have that information.

I tried making a ressie online after August 3rd but the system wouldn't let me.

I WISH I COULD LIKE THIS 1000 TIMES!
OUR 10TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER IS BACK ON! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter