Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

@pas130 reported maple syrup being found for her DS yesterday. I guess they got some from the tree out back:laughing:

This was yesterday that @pas130 mentioned the chicken was no longer in them, but again, I may have misunderstood her text.

That is awesome! Maybe my DD put the idea in the CM's mind that they need to stock up on maple syrup! Well if the chicken is no longer in the waffle, then they should really put out the syrup, right?

That is awesome! Maybe my DD put the idea in the CM's mind that they need to stock up on maple syrup! Well if the chicken is no longer in the waffle, then they should really put out the syrup, right?

That could very well be the case.

Looked at @pas130's text, and I quote, "The fancy syrup is still out, the maple is by request." I would think they'd get many requests for maple. Cherry and peach seem more of an adult preference. Not sure why they just can't have both out?

So DH got regular waffles but the next batches were with chicken. Strangely enough these were a hit with DH and dd11 aka Maddie I'm amazed! And @TJA i think they heard your call for regular syrup and they keep a jug in the back!

Last edited:
For anyone that is currently staying at the BWI CL do you notice any difference in how crowded the lounge is compared to in the past? I was just wondering if the new rooms they added to the CL are affecting the staff or the room in the lounge. This was talked about last year when they were adding more of the fourth floor to the CL but I haven't heard any commits about a more crowded feel to the lounge. Hopefully it has not affected it at all.
I don't find it crowded for summer at all. We are a party of 7 and find seats at breakfast and evenings. During afternoons and desserts it's almost empty and quite lovely.

I know they are doing work on the exterior of the buildings and working on plumbing, I meant are all the rooms completely updated now from when they did the refurb? Or will I still possibly be given an un updated room?

I know they are doing work on the exterior of the buildings and working on plumbing, I meant are all the rooms completely updated now from when they did the refurb? Or will I still possibly be given an un updated room?

The 30 August completion date that I have in POST 1 is the only one I know of.

HI everyone, I just booked this resort from a previous reservation for POR. I got a good rate with a FL resident discount that was just a little bit more so I decided to change reservations. I haven't decided whether I will do the F & W festival as there seems so much to try at the BWI and the neighboring BC and YC. But I'll decide as we get closer to my dates, which is Oct 20-23.
I did visit this resort once before and knew I wanted to come back one day for a stay so I'm glad I am getting the chance to do so this year.

YAY!!! I just booked a 1 bedroom villa at BWV at my 7 month window from March 1-6 for our very 1st stay on this property. Our plan is to book a 1 night stay at the "Darkside" then return to a WDW property for a few more days. We're looking forward to Flower & Garden as well as Spring Training!!! Unsure if we'll return to BWV or try a different property. My group would LOVE to try CL at AKL, but that's booked up solid! Maybe I can try waitlisting for the 1st time... Please log my dates, @WDWKOOK Thank you!!

I'll add your trip to the BoardWalk Bulletin - happy planning!

I hear you!

Welcome to Crescent Lake!

BWV is supposed to be finished in the spring and I thought the BWI work was supposed to be finished early May. I'll log your dates!

Welcome to the BWI/BWV thread and I'll add your dates:)
Hi! I will be at the BWV Nov. 25-Dec. 5. : )

Is there anywhere at the Boardwalk (or elsewhere in Disney World) where we can weigh our luggage before departing for the airport?

Is there anywhere at the Boardwalk (or elsewhere in Disney World) where we can weigh our luggage before departing for the airport?
I have a fish scale I travel with. We check our luggage in the room and make any changes we need. So far it's been very accurate.

They weighed ours at the airline check in desk out in front of the Boardwalk on Saturday.
Do you need to be checking in at the desk in order to weigh it?

We just want to make sure we have distributed our weight eveningly enough that both cases are under, and jettison anything 'expendible' if we look like we are carrying too much.

We do have a travel scale but I'm not sure it is accurate, as when we moved resorts it said webhad gained about 15 kgs of weight, even though we bought less than a third of a case of stuff (none of which was overly heavy). And I think on a previous trip it said we were near capacity and ended up about 6kgs under, so a more accurate reading would be nice.

So I'm going to say that we tried Ample Hills Creamery and we loved it. The small is not small at all, and it was a hit with the Pas Clan after night Ak
Pas-how are things? Hope the trip is still going well. We are back to work and in our routine. I miss the Boardwalk and our friends like always. We had a good trip though. Always good to have the next one planned:sunny:
all is well! Typhoon lagoon today and WS tonight sorry you're back to the grind already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter