Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yeah, someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think Pop is one of the few resorts where there aren’t ‘leisure pools’ and all three do have lifeguards. Most other resorts don’t have that same setup.

They definitely aren't "leisure" pools now. Back in 2010 and 2011 (our first two trips to WDW) we stayed at POP. There were lifeguards at all pools, but when their shift was done at night they would announce to the computer pool and the bowling pin pools that there were no longer lifeguards on duty and it was swim at your own risk. They didn't shut those two pools (or at least the computer pool because that's the one we were always in. I'm not 100% sure what they did with the bowling pin pool but I assume it was the same since it also wasn't the main pool) There also weren't gates. Fast forward to 2018 and all pools had gates and once the lifeguards were done with their night shift (which again was way earlier than I would have expected), all pools closed with no access until the morning.

I would love it if we could relax later at the BWV quiet pool(s). We aren't loud people in general, but just like to relax at the end of the night for a bit before hitting bed.

Dan

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The clown is gone if that was the issue.

I am aware the clown was replaced although Clowns Never Bothered Me Anyway. . . .LOL:charac2: We really just enjoy the peace and quiet of the BWI quiet/leisure pool. It has always been like being at home in our backyard pool. You could sit with toes in the water, drinks in hand and no one cares versus the inability to even have a plastic water bottle near the edge of the guarded pools.

...You could sit with toes in the water, drinks in hand and no one cares versus the inability to even have a plastic water bottle near the edge of the guarded pools.
...I totes get it....I was 'scolded' for having my tootsies in the water.....of course, I had a margarita in hand at the time...

Last edited:

I am aware the clown was replaced although Clowns Never Bothered Me Anyway. . . .LOL:charac2: We really just enjoy the peace and quiet of the BWI quiet/leisure pool. It has always been like being at home in our backyard pool. You could sit with toes in the water, drinks in hand and no one cares versus the inability to even have a plastic water bottle near the edge of the guarded pools.
[/QUOTE]

When did they get rid of the clown?

[/QUOTE]
After reopening - can’t remember whether fall or winter.

They began removing the Clown facade on Oct. 9th and by Dec. 15th we had the new panel that replaced it unveiled.

This is when a funny point that day as the original sign they put up had a spelling mistake. The sign painter spelled KEISTER COASTER incorrectly as KIESTER... oops. The old i before e vowel exception struck again since in this case the K was replacing C.

So Pennywise the Clown (not his real name) did not go quietly into the dust bin of history.. at the Luna Park Pool.

Dave

Officially returning to boardwalk inn in July! I’m so excited, and kind of surprised it was the best AP weekend deal I was able to find on the current offer. We will be skipping the parks and having a relaxed weekend.

now if flying fish would just reopen, my weekend would be complete :rolleyes1

Officially returning to boardwalk inn in July! I’m so excited, and kind of surprised it was the best AP weekend deal I was able to find on the current offer. We will be skipping the parks and having a relaxed weekend.

now if flying fish would just reopen, my weekend would be complete :rolleyes1
We'll be at the BWV in 2 weeks, staying only 1 night before switching to VGF.

Then we have the BWV again for the 50th anniversary!

Does anyone have the new activities schedule for May?!? We will be there in just 5 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter