• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Pre-COVID, there were 2 showers in the ladies locker room in the fitness center. I showered after checking out. IIRC, I had to use my Magic Band to unlock the door. I didn't look in the men's locker room and I didn't look near the pool. I haven't been since the pandemic started so I can't give you a recent report.

Yes, there are showers by the pool area, by the fitness centre

Check-out of the room is at a set time, however all benefits you receive as a guest of the resort continue until midnight. So the magic band will work for the shower door until midnight

And just to add, there are lockers for storage in the locker rooms of the fitness center. You can store your swim bag and head to a park in the morning, change for the pool when you are ready and store your street clothes while swimming! Very convenient and no charge.

Both men's and women's locker rooms are equipped with lockers, showers, soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels, wash cloths, etc.

Just a word of caution for those who plan on ordering from Boardwalk Deli for breakfast.

The place was SWAMPED around 9 AM. Line out the door to order, and the mobile order pickup area was so crowded I couldn’t enter.

Just a word of caution for those who plan on ordering from Boardwalk Deli for breakfast.

The place was SWAMPED around 9 AM. Line out the door to order, and the mobile order pickup area was so crowded I couldn’t enter.
What about if you just want to use the refill mug station?

The breakfast woes at Boardwalk forced my hand and I switched to Beach Club for our Christmas trip. Never stayed at BC before, so kind of excited. We'll stroll over to visit Boardwalk for sure, but I need a reliable breakfast place where I can sit inside and eat normal breakfast stuff.

Still love ya, Boardwalk!

The breakfast woes at Boardwalk forced my hand and I switched to Beach Club for our Christmas trip. Never stayed at BC before, so kind of excited. We'll stroll over to visit Boardwalk for sure, but I need a reliable breakfast place where I can sit inside and eat normal breakfast stuff.

I love the boardwalk also but BC is really nice and has A LOT of avid fans for a reason. You'll have a great time! My only con is that its slightly farther to walk to HS (I'm much more of a walker to burn off those imaginary disney calories😅) but with the skyliner it's not much of an issue.

Trattoria al Forno seems to have a nice sit down breakfast, which I am going to try during my next visit.

Having stayed for 5 nights at the Boardwalk. The potential for the resort is massive. But it really is showing its ages and can tell it needs a refurb.

We stayed int he DVC side and the hall carpets are falling apart. The first room we got allocated stank of must/smoke.

The resort mug situation is a bizarre joke. Deli is only place with a self serve machine if you can fight your way to the machine at the back of the room. Both pool bar and bellevue lounge is nuts. Get the in queue of people trying to order food/drinks. then show the cup and then a CM fills up a single use cup and you have to pour the drink in yourself.

bellevue is fine for morning coffee as self serve.

Disney put a self serve machine in the pool area.

We're going to have to talk about this, too:

"It is very much your traditional Italian sub, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing if an Italian sub is just what you’re craving

There was a pretty good amount of pesto on the sandwich, but we would have preferred a touch more."

But, but, those sentences are in direct opposition. I defy DFB to find a traditional Italian sub anywhere in the mid Atlantic or North East that has pesto!!!!!

Eta: oops, thought I was on the news thread. I didn't mean to spread the Italian sub tomfoolery over here.
The pesto wouldn't have bothered me although I agree, not traditional, Ive actually never heard of pesto on a hoagie, but there ain't no way you're gonna try to sell me a hoagie without onions on it.

Trattoria al Forno seems to have a nice sit down breakfast, which I am going to try during my next visit.
Yes, I know they do, and it looks like a good one. I was thinking more about quick service breakfast, as we rarely do table service breakfasts.

No shade being thrown on the Boardwalk. It's a beautiful, fun place. :)

Having stayed for 5 nights at the Boardwalk. The potential for the resort is massive. But it really is showing its ages and can tell it needs a refurb.

We stayed int he DVC side and the hall carpets are falling apart. The first room we got allocated stank of must/smoke.

The resort mug situation is a bizarre joke. Deli is only place with a self serve machine if you can fight your way to the machine at the back of the room. Both pool bar and bellevue lounge is nuts. Get the in queue of people trying to order food/drinks. then show the cup and then a CM fills up a single use cup and you have to pour the drink in yourself.

bellevue is fine for morning coffee as self serve.

Disney put a self serve machine in the pool area.
This. We split with pop and had so much more access to soda machines which keeps the littles happy. At boardwalk I can’t send an older kid with a mug to grab a drink without me.

This. We split with pop and had so much more access to soda machines which keeps the littles happy. At boardwalk I can’t send an older kid with a mug to grab a drink without me.

We're staying in BWV in a week. Some of the comments make me hope I don't regret it. I really loved Beach Club last year and I was hopeful Boardwalk was close. I guess I'll see shortly. LOL

We're staying in BWV in a week. Some of the comments make me hope I don't regret it. I really loved Beach Club last year and I was hopeful Boardwalk was close. I guess I'll see shortly. LOL
We stayed at the BWI a few weeks ago. We loved it. My kids like the lazy river at bc better but we enjoyed BWI better overall.

We got back from our trip a few days ago. We loved the Boardwalk, although the kids were jealous of Stormalong Bay when we went over to Beaches and Cream. For breakfast, we generally did mobile order - couple of days at the deli, and a couple of days at Trattoria Al Forno - the mobile order breakfast there is still really good, ready fairly quickly and there are lots of tables just outside on the boardwalk to sit down and enjoy. Definitely recommended. We just just place the order when we were getting ready and then go down and pick it up and eat.

Having stayed at Beachclub and the little quick serve place ran out of food, and we couldn’t find late night food anywhere close by, I always prefer all the options at Boardwalk.

You have a very different Disney experience than me. ;) At 7am on our way to rope drop it is fine over the 4th of July. We came back out of the parks and grabbed a late breakfast at Trattoria and Ale and Compass (on day before dining reservations even) at 10:30, hit the pool, napped, went back into the parks for dinner until closing. Only day I sleep in to 9 is when I’m leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter