Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked CBR for a quick trip in January. I've never stayed at this resort but am very excited! It's just going to be me and my 4 year old daughter. I booked CBR for the pool and splash pad. We are only doing one park day, so the pool is important. A couple of quick questions for those who have stayed recently... is the construction so loud that the pool isn't enjoyable? Second, is there a microwave somewhere to make easy mac? My daughter is super picky and with the limited options at CBR, I'm thinking that will be her go to dinner.

Good morning Disers! Although I've been as busy as a bee I've been keeping an eye on the thread too. The informational posts have been updated thanks to all you wonderful folks who contribute to the thread.

Just booked CBR for a quick trip in January. I've never stayed at this resort but am very excited! It's just going to be me and my 4 year old daughter. I booked CBR for the pool and splash pad. We are only doing one park day, so the pool is important. A couple of quick questions for those who have stayed recently... is the construction so loud that the pool isn't enjoyable? Second, is there a microwave somewhere to make easy mac? My daughter is super picky and with the limited options at CBR, I'm thinking that will be her go to dinner.
There is defimitely noise at the main Pool at times-it just depends on one's "tolerance" as to it's effect on enjoyability.

There is a microwave and toaster in Centertown Buffet.:)

I have a 4 year old, my tolerance for noise is well-developed lol. Just wondering if there's lots of banging, etc...
Thanks for the response! we will definitely be using the microwave.

I don't know if it's available your dates, but would you save any money in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation? We've stayed at both when our daughter was 4 and 5 and much preferred AoA. Their pools and theming are great and the construction is nowhere near as bad. Just a thought if you could save a little money, but you will enjoy CBR too.

When I was at CBR recently,I asked the CMs why the official Resort pronunciation is "Carib ean" Beach Resort while Disney uses "Cari bean" for the Attraction and Movies.

No one knew why-any guesses?:)

When I was at CBR recently,I asked the CMs why the official Resort pronunciation is "Carib ean" Beach Resort while Disney uses "Cari bean" for the Attraction and Movies.

No one knew why-any guesses?:)

I don't know why this is but I have found most people say Carib ean when it's used as an adjective. Like Caribbean Cruise, Caribbean cuisine, etc. And the say Cari bean when it's used as a noun. Like Pirates of the Caribbean, "that is located in the Caribbean", etc.

I think it's just like New Orleans, just different ways to pronounce a word.

Fun story, the first resort we stayed at was CBR, and my brother was SO upset because he thought they picked the resort because it had my name in it -- Kara, Car-a bean :rotfl:. It's a stretch, but he was probably 7 and didn't know any better

I don't know if it's available your dates, but would you save any money in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation? We've stayed at both when our daughter was 4 and 5 and much preferred AoA. Their pools and theming are great and the construction is nowhere near as bad. Just a thought if you could save a little money, but you will enjoy CBR too.

That is a great idea! Unfortunately, the little mermaid room isn't available for our dates. We did stay in "Ariel's bedroom", as my daughter called it, last January. It was awesome and she loved the big blue pool.

I’ll be cancelling a standard view room for Dec. 10-16 in the next few days. We booked three rooms on a free dining bounce back but not everyone is able to go so we’re reducing to two rooms. I have no idea what ‘pool’ the room will go into but wondered if anyone would like to coordinate in case you wanted to change room categories or add a night or two. I don’t know if the rooms become available as soon as cancelled or if it takes awhile.

So we are booked in a Standard view room at the end of November. We have 4 adults and 2 children (ages 4 and 2) on the reservation. Given the number of people booked for the room, will they automatically put us in a room with the murphy bed option that sleeps 5 adults or is this something I need to make sure to request?

I'm banking on that murphy bed! This pregnant mama wants a place for the 4 year old to sleep solo. Or maybe I'll sleep there so I don't get kicked by flailing toddler appendages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter