Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Staying in February. Mom is very leary of heights and enclosed spaces. But thought she could tolerate Skyliner. But after tonight I doubt I can convince her to ride.
We're staying in November and my 13 yo wanted to try them. I'm afraid of heights, but thought I could just stare at the floor for 15 minutes. I am now back to the position that they will never get me onto one of the flying death boxes.

We arrive on Saturday and I’m disappointed because I am guessing the Skyliner will not be running - we specifically booked CBR for the this :( I am glad everyone is ok after last night but I am guessing it will be a little while before they re-open the Skyliner.

So excited I woke up this morning back “home” 🤗 Our last trip was during construction & while POR Riverside was ok, didn’t compare to my long standing favorite CBR!!

I ADORE all the new changes-Centertown Market, new Banana Cabana, check in Lobby, and beyond! Even of course the now down again Skyline...lol, already booking BB for next Sept again.

1st time in Pref bc Water View was booked, but SO not disappointed! Martinique 2444. PERFECT location for everything cept Skyline & at that, the Riviera (so close to Martinique feels like next village) hub isn’t that far @ all!

2nd floor, corner room, right next door to Water View so no ugly parking lot facing you/pretty when step outside, Murphy bed, around corner from quiet pool, stairs to lake path super close, a bus stop super close.

Having always stayed in my beloved Jamaica section, man it rocks being so close to main area w/o the (beautiful) walk across the bridge in between. Such an incredibly short distance from main area but since 2 buildings down, still quiet enough to feel like a comfy far off village.

For any who (majority right!) love Jamaica 45 & don’t care if you’re further (but not too far from Riviera hub) from Skyline access, Martinique 24 is my new fave building!

Bonus pics coffee by the water before sunrise. I love how the amazing new bar is covered but open for unobstructed Water View & access to comfy chairs/under fan breeze to enjoy early am coffee.

Attachments

• 7BFFA5CA-8C0E-4AA6-929E-A43EA1D9205F.jpeg
    7BFFA5CA-8C0E-4AA6-929E-A43EA1D9205F.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 13D7419C-2DDF-44D6-B453-3B0F9033B8DA.jpeg
    13D7419C-2DDF-44D6-B453-3B0F9033B8DA.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 58
So excited I woke up this morning back “home” 🤗 Our last trip was during construction & while POR Riverside was ok, didn’t compare to my long standing favorite CBR!!

I ADORE all the new changes-Centertown Market, new Banana Cabana, check in Lobby, and beyond! Even of course the now down again Skyline...lol, already booking BB for next Sept again.

1st time in Pref bc Water View was booked, but SO not disappointed! Martinique 2444. PERFECT location for everything cept Skyline & at that, the Riviera (so close to Martinique feels like next village) hub isn’t that far @ all!

2nd floor, corner room, right next door to Water View so no ugly parking lot facing you/pretty when step outside, Murphy bed, around corner from quiet pool, stairs to lake path super close, a bus stop super close.

Having always stayed in my beloved Jamaica section, man it rocks being so close to main area w/o the (beautiful) walk across the bridge in between. Such an incredibly short distance from main area but since 2 buildings down, still quiet enough to feel like a comfy far off village.

For any who (majority right!) love Jamaica 45 & don’t care if you’re further (but not too far from Riviera hub) from Skyline access, Martinique 24 is my new fave building!

Bonus pics coffee by the water before sunrise. I love how the amazing new bar is covered but open for unobstructed Water View & access to comfy chairs/under fan breeze to enjoy early am coffee.
We would have been neighbors - we just left 2439 on Thursday 😂

It is not motion activated. It is based on the temperature you set it too. If it gets warm it will kick on to achieve the temp you want. However there is a low limit and high limit you can set it to. I think he high limit is like 70 and the lowest is about 66.
Does anyone know which are at Coronado, POR & POFQ? Thanks again!

If we have reserved a King room, might they give us a Standard with 5th sleeper if requested? That's a downgrade, right? The reason I ask is that they only room they had at a discount for our nights was King, so I got that, but the view I want from Aruba to see across to Centertown is the Std w/sleeper. TIA!

If we have reserved a King room, might they give us a Standard with 5th sleeper if requested? That's a downgrade, right? The reason I ask is that they only room they had at a discount for our nights was King, so I got that, but the view I want from Aruba to see across to Centertown is the Std w/sleeper. TIA!

You can ask, but I highly doubt it. It would be more likely if you didn't have a discount.

You can ask, but I highly doubt it. It would be more likely if you didn't have a discount. There are a couple King rooms in Jamaica and Aruba that have great views across the water of Centertown.

You can ask, but I highly doubt it. It would be more likely if you didn't have a discount. There are a couple King rooms in Jamaica and Aruba that have great views across the water of Centertown.
Yes, we had a Waterfront King room in Jamaica a few years ago & it was beautiful, but I would love to have the view from Aruba 5225. From Touring Plans, I don't see any other King views like that. ;)

Here‘s my thoughts on my stay last week. My family (wife, 2 boys 6.5 & 2) luckily walked off Skyliner at CBR station approximately 3 minutes before the accident. That was the last night of our 7 night stay.

I had a 5th sleeper water view reservation and was all set to ask for 45/51 until the Jamaica pool suddenly closed for renovations. I changed request for 51 or Barbados 31/32.

(Deleted erroneous info regarding building 31)
Very short walk to OPR bus stop and pool, slightly longer walk to Centertown Market. Skyliner was less than 10 minute walk away, which as a New Yorker who walks 6-8 miles a day, wasn’t a big deal to me.

Assuming Skyliner is running again soon, here’s my take. I would prioritize convenience to OPR & buses over being close Skyliner. Everyone goes to MK and most prioritize it over other parks, buses are your only option there. Same goes for AK, the water parks, and Disney Springs.

So that leaves EC, where taking the Skyliner puts you at a disadvantage if going for Eartly Morning Magic or Rope Drop because you are further from the Future World rides you should hit first (but maybe slightly better for Frozen).

At HS, Skyliner puts you closer to the gate than buses, gets you there quickly, and has no disadvantage for touring efficiency purposes.

So all things considered, I think 45/52 remain a good compromise of being near everything but Barbados (particularly 31) should be under your consideration It’s close to the pool, OPR ( & the OPR bus stop) and a little further from the main Skyliner station But I don’t think Skyliner should be anyone’s top priorit.

Last edited:
We ended up with 31 and It wasn’t until I got back that I realized this was an upgrade to a preferred building.

Just to clarify for others reading this, buildings are not classified as Preferred, only rooms are. All the Buildings in Barbados and Martinique have 4 room types Preferred, King, Water View and 5th Sleeper Water View. So if you had a view of water and a Murphy bed you didn't actually get upgraded, but you got a good location. :thumbsup2

Just to clarify for others reading this, buildings are not classified as Preferred, only rooms are. All the Buildings in Barbados and Martinique have 4 room types Preferred, King, Water View and 5th Sleeper Water View. So if you had a view of water and a Murphy bed you didn't actually get upgraded, but you got a good location. :thumbsup2
So, if I have a King reservation, I could request Barbados & Martinique as well?!

You are most certainly the CBR expert so I’ll defer to you and I corrected the post above.

This makes Barbados 31 a great location IMHO and I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for it over the popular spots in Aruba & Jamaica. I also forgot to mention that buses tended to not be split up at CBR while I was there so getting on at OPR meant having seats available at all times vs Jamaica & Aruba. I think only once did my bus not stop at all island stops and that was because the bus was jammed.

Last edited:
Just booked our trip for August 2020 for Caribbean Beach! I'm so excited, but it's so long to wait! I'm sure I'll be checking in here and following along for all the updates and news! We have a standard 5th sleeper booked, and one of our main goals is HS/Galaxy's Edge on this trip, so definitely going to want to be near the Skyliner, assuming it's working well then!

We had no issues with daily checks when we visited last January. We kept the daily housekeeping, so I presume the room was "checked" then but who knows? We were always out of the room, anyways. We were not asked if we wanted to opt-out of housekeeping at check-in but we would have declined the offer anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter