• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does Spyglass sell Mugs and can Guests fill their Mugs at the Fountain Drink Station shown in the picture in addition to the Freestyle Machine?

Thanks!:)

I agree that TS could become much in demand,especially when Disney Skyliner opens.

It is like its own little Resort with its own Pool and Laundry and it is now the ONLY "section" of a WDW Resort with its own Restaurant!:)

Not having been (yet), I’d hazard a guess that the drinks station in the picture isn’t (just) for the Spy Glass Grille, but also for the pool. That guess would also make me assume they won’t sell the mugs. I don’t know of any resort QS that do (beyond those that share checkouts with other shops/markets. I could, of course, be wrong, it might make sense once the island market disappears after construction.

I agree that TS could become much in demand,especially when Disney Skyliner opens.

It is like its own little Resort with its own Pool and Laundry and it is now the ONLY "section" of a WDW Resort with its own Restaurant!:)

I was in love with TS even with it's flaws 2 weeks ago. I'm going to have a hard time making the choice of staying anywhere else once once everything is done with construction on the property, especially the Skyliner.

When I did a recent chat with a CM on the Disney website, they said that the rooms are being refurbished at CBR too. Did I miss this update? Are they putting in laminate floors & bland theming like at CSR?

When I did a recent chat with a CM on the Disney website, they said that the rooms are being refurbished at CBR too. Did I miss this update? Are they putting in laminate floors & bland theming like at CSR?

I posted something similar based on a cast member response to a trip advisor review and no one commented. Does @dansdad know?

So does anyone know about the laminate floors in the room and bathroom refurbishments referenced in this Disney cast member response? When is this expected to happen at CBR as it was clearly referenced by Disney it was clearly coming soon.

Then again cast members aren’t always as informed as us disboarders.

I was in love with TS even with it's flaws 2 weeks ago. I'm going to have a hard time making the choice of staying anywhere else once once everything is done with construction on the property, especially the Skyliner.
I also think an advantage TS will have is that it is far-removed from Disney Riviera Resort and will maintain the "Caribbean vibe".

It remains to be seen to what degree,but with DRR not themed to the Caribbean,I would think that would have to take away some of the "Caribbean feel" from the rest of CBR-especially Aruba and Martinique.:)

(It will also be interesting to see if the Imagineers place a little "nod" to Barbados anywhere at DRR.)

Oh my goodness, I can't believe my luck. I was just going through our dining choices and was talking to my husband how I was a tad sad because we didn't plan any character meals this time. Since our girls are getting older, they may not be as interested in them by the next trip. We already have all our park meals and ADRs made, but I thought I would look at the couple of non park days we have. On the very first try for a reservation at 'Ohana there was one available at 9:25am! I took it as a sign and grabbed it up as quick as I could. I did not expect to find a reservation at a little more than two months until our trip.

We were there from 3/17 - 3/24, staying in Jamaica 42. It was myself, DH, DS and DD(both in college). I had requested 45 so we could be away from construction and be able to walk across the bridge to the OPR bus stop(the 2nd stop). 42 worked out just fine. We walked over to the Trinidad North stop most of the time. I was glad we did that. It was a pleasant walk...we found that we liked getting off there as well. We almost always were able to get a seat on the bus and one time, our bus was full, so they didn't even stop at Jamaica or Aruba. If you're relying on the bus or trying to avoid being by the bulk of the construction, try not to stay in Aruba.

The bus does take a bit longer due to the construction. They can't go all the way around, so they turn around once they get to Aruba and back track a bit before leaving the resort(near Jamaica). We needed to take the internal bus a couple of times and it would turn around at Aruba and back track all the way through the resort before taking you to to the main check in office. It was not that big of a deal for us.

The island markets were really no big deal. We bought a couple waters and powerade at ours. The food/snack choices were pretty limited. I suppose someone on the meal plan might want a snack or 2 from there, but it all just looked really overpriced in that setting...even though it was probably the same price as other Disney locations!

We don't normally eat at the resort much, so the limited choices didn't effect us much. There was one morning, we wanted to go in the tent to eat something we had gotten at Spyglass grill. It was cold out and we were banned from our room by DD as she was having a Skype interview. Every table was taken in the tent, so there was no place to go to be inside at all for us. Just the glimpse I got of the food tent didn't look like much and DH started saying that they probably shouldn't be open during all this construction.

Spyglass Grill opened while we were there. We don't normally eat at the resort at all, but a couple of things made it where we needed to. Spyglass Grill was a great option, so I was really glad they opened it. One afternoon, I had the chopped jerk chicken salad and it was good. Another day, we had breakfast there. I had the kid's meal breakfast Cuban. It came with fruit and a small water bottle. It was the perfect size breakfast, tasted good and only cost$5.50. DH and DS both had the adult size Cuban breakfast sandwich. DH ordered the cappuccino and a latte for himself and DD. They said it wasn't very good. They had trouble finding good coffee anywhere they went in WDW. On our last afternoon, we had time to kill before DME and just needed a bit to eat, so we stopped at Spyglass again. We all ordered kids' meals and it hit the spot. DD and DS had cheeseburgers. DD and I had the fish tacos.

DH was ill during our trip and he wound up calling for a paramedic and having an overnight hospital stay. He was alone when he called for help and he said Disney had a couple of CMs in the room with the paramedics. They called the next day to see if we needed anything. We asked for a specific time frame(3 hours) for them to clean the room before he would return from the hospital. They did not come during the time we asked, so we all cleared out of the room for an hour once housekeeping was near our room(late afternoon). That was frustrating since DH really just needed to rest, but we also needed to have a good cleaning of the room at that point so no else would get sick too.

DH bounced back pretty fast and wanted to go to the park for a while. The app was not letting me reschedule our fastpasses that had expired without using them, so I went to the concierge to see if they could help us get them back. They were really very helpful about this. She gave our whole party 3 passes for Epcot that evening and even added 3 more for MK on our last day. That was really nice that she fixed our immediate problem, but also gave us the MK passes. MK was PACKED on our last day and we were exhausted after an emotional week, so it was really nice not having to wait in line that last evening.

All and all, with the construction everywhere, it probably would have been a better visit if we had stayed at another resort. For us, CBR worked out ok, but nothing to be thrilled about or anything. The room we were in should be refurbished soon. It looked a bit tired and the mattresses seemed old. We saved about $500 over staying at POR, so it was fine. We only planned the trip a couple months ago. If this had been a trip we had dreamed of and planned for a long time, I definitely would have been wishing for a different resort. It was our 4th stay at CBR and we've always liked it. We probably won't be back to WDW for at least a few years and maybe we'll see what CBR is like then.

Last edited:
It remains to be seen to what degree,but with DRR not themed to the Caribbean,I would think that would have to take away some of the "Caribbean feel" from the rest of CBR-especially Aruba and Martinique.:)

It will probably require a little Figment imagination to go with a theme of a busy Disney Caribbean cruise resort town. Good cross marketing opportunities for the cruise line too! But really the Skyliner is going to require some "theme breaking" during a stay at any of the islands, so the Riviera should be fine.

When I go to online check in, the only CBR area that shows up in the drop down in Martinique. Does that mean it's the only section available? We'll be there May 28th for five nights. The only other things in the dropdown list were near transportation, corner room, ground floor. If I wanted to ask for Jamaica or Trinidad North, would I need to call? If Martinique is all that's left, how bad will it be? Thanks

When I go to online check in, the only CBR area that shows up in the drop down in Martinique. Does that mean it's the only section available? We'll be there May 28th for five nights. The only other things in the dropdown list were near transportation, corner room, ground floor. If I wanted to ask for Jamaica or Trinidad North, would I need to call? If Martinique is all that's left, how bad will it be? Thanks

I had to call to ask for Jamaica. It didn't show as an option on-line. I would generally avoid Martinique and Aruba during the construction. Trinidad North and Jamaica are great places to be to not see so much construction. You can find some you tube videos that show what things look like there during construction.

As you've found out, the options during Online Check In are pretty useless. That's why I've always called our requests in. Just call the Main Reservations Line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

the Skyliner is going to require some "theme breaking" during a stay at any of the islands .

The Station at TS will be themed to the Caribbean so that will help some there,but I agree the Skyliner will definitely affect the "atmosphere" at all 4 Resorts with Stations as well as the Crescent Lake Resorts to varying degrees.

It will be interesting to see just how much Skyliner will affect the atmosphere at those Resorts.:)

So we've been here since late Saturday. We decided to collect our own luggage
so we'd have all or stuff right away. Man it took a long time for our bags to make it to the carousel. Maybe it was because we flew on a 767 wide body with loads of people? Then we sat on the DME bus for 40 minutes before leaving for the resort. At least we were the first of four resorts to be dropped off.

Just a few random thoughts about CBR for now. Construction...yeah. If you're a repeat offender (er...guest) you'll probably be fine. Driving around the resort is a bit challenging from what I can see as a user of the busses. Between the resort construction and road construction nearby it means large traffic volume delays with the spring break traffic now. We've done the breakfast buffet twice now. Good food and plenty enough choice. We try to go as low carb as we can and it is very easy at the buffet. There's also a lot of other maintenance going on now. They were pressure washing the next building over from us, maybe in preparation for painting later? The machines they were using tore up the grass pretty good where they've been. Our little island is still here as is the sunshine and coffee so I'm ok with things as they are for now.

Just a bit about crowds...AK on Sunday and Epcot yesterday were ok. Certainly have seen it busier so I'd say it was manageable overall. Today MK was just nuts. Period. Splash went down an hour before our BTMR fast passes came open. I guess the Splash FP people got "anything anytime" FPs because all of a sudden the BTMR FP line was all the way down to within "spitin' distance" of Pecos Bill's!! Never ever seen anything like that before. After that we hopped to HS which was less crowded. As we wandered around a bit they were announcing that TSMM was down. Over at Rockin Rollercoaster it was showing a 185 minute wait for standby. We decided to do the 40 min posted wait for Star Tours. Turned out to be over an hour and when we get to the front we saw why. They were running only two simulators. Looks like what Len Testa said about Disney cutting capacity even during busy times to cut costs is true. Anyway we got one of the new shows and were totally impressed!

I'll check back in later.

We decided to collect our own luggage
so we'd have all or stuff right away. Man it took a long time for our bags to make it to the carousel. Maybe it was because we flew on a 767 wide body with loads of people?

GoofyGavin and I are travelling with hand luggage only on the way out. We can use the electronic passport readers on arrival and can head straight to DME.
We’ve tested the bags and can get everything in the BA hand luggage allowance, including a large collapsible hold-all with wheels which will become our hold luggage for the return trip once we’ve bought all the gifts we’ll get (some of them might even be for us!). Half a day, mid-stay, is scheduled as a Resort day during which we’ll try out the washing machine app.

We just did some laundry yesterday. Very easy to do and no problem getting the four machines we needed. You don't need the app, just go for a swim while you're waiting. Pretty darned civilized, that.

I’m gonna use the app so I can tell people what I was doing til the app told me the washing was finished :crazy:
Hopefully will involve sunshine, food and alcyhol

How how many less rooms will there be with Barbados gone? It will affect the overall crowds in the public spaces. Less supply more demand may raise rates a bit. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter