• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Some people have mentioned getting a special set of pins for staying there during construction. I just wanted to let you know that isn't happening for everyone. We stayed there a couple weeks ago and did not get them.

Maybe that only comes if you have a package or something. We were a room only reservation.

Some people have mentioned getting a special set of pins for staying there during construction. I just wanted to let you know that isn't happening for everyone. We stayed there a couple weeks ago and did not get them.

Maybe that only comes if you have a package or something. We were a room only reservation.

I got them 3 weeks ago on a room only reservation

Does anyone know if the CBR breakfast buffet comes with a drink or if you would need to purchase one if you don’t buy the mug?

I was in love with TS even with it's flaws 2 weeks ago. I'm going to have a hard time making the choice of staying anywhere else once once everything is done with construction on the property, especially the Skyliner.
Do you think the Skyliner will be completed by October? I am considering staying there if the construction is all complete by October. Hard to say.....

Does anyone know if the CBR breakfast buffet comes with a drink or if you would need to purchase one if you don’t buy the mug?

We ate there on our February trip. We didn't bring mugs and know for sure there was coffee. I am pretty sure girls had milk and/or juice but not 100%. It is treated as a regular buffet so as long as it is not a specialty beverage you want I am pretty sure it is included.

I think the goal is mid-2019 to have the Skyliner finished. That's just based off the promotional papers and posters at the resort, and talking to CMs. Someone may have better info than that. Hard to say how the future Skyliner construction work phases will affect noise and views 6 months from now. The only thing started on while I was there were a couple pylon type things for the wires. Centertown should be done by then though, and maybe the Riviera won't be as ugly but that is a late 2019 completion date I believe.

Do you think the Skyliner will be completed by October?

No. Tentative opening is May 2019. If not May, then later in 2019. Definitely not earlier.

I am considering staying there if the construction is all complete by October. Hard to say.....

It won't be. Centertown is supposed to be completed December 2018. The Skyliner and Riviera Resort to both be completed by May 2019.

I'm looking at staying at the resort September 2019, and hope to book as soon as the 2019 UK Free Dining comes out (hopefully later this week!)

Can you please tell me which section/buildings will be the best to access the Skyliner?

I'm looking at staying at the resort September 2019, and hope to book as soon as the 2019 UK Free Dining comes out (hopefully later this week!)

Can you please tell me which section/buildings will be the best to access the Skyliner?

Jamaica 41 will be closest to the transfer station and Aruba 55 will be closest to the Riviera station.

If anyone doesn't get the Pins and you really want them,just go by Concierge at Trinidad North and I'm sure they will get you a set.:)
I didn't even think of doing that when I was there. I only knew about the pins from reading about them here. I kind of wish I didn't know about them because then I kind of expected them and they never showed up. ...kind of like how we never once had any towel animals made for us in all our stays when they were doing that. The blessing and curse of doing your research!

Yes,drinks are included.

There are little clear plastic cups to use at the "Beverage Center".

The Fountain Beverage dispenser is not "chip activated".:)

First time taking DME from airport in years (we usually drive). Where will it drop us off at CBR? If we are dropped at Custom House, how would we get to the area where our room is? Our flight only gets in at 9:45pm, so this is stressing me out a bit because I know we won’t get to the hotel until late.

First time taking DME from airport in years (we usually drive). Where will it drop us off at CBR? If we are dropped at Custom House, how would we get to the area where our room is? Our flight only gets in at 9:45pm, so this is stressing me out a bit because I know we won’t get to the hotel until late.

It will drop you off at the Custom House. We always have Bell Services take us and our luggage to our room. It's either in one of their vans or golf carts.

It will drop you off at the Custom House. We always have Bell Services take us and our luggage to our room. It's either in one of their vans or golf carts.

They do that?

We got the DME last year to Custom House and then we were just directed to wait for the resort bus to take us to the bus stop for our village, and then we had to make our own way from there. That was 5 of us with all our luggage, so it meant I was carrying a lot of bags. Walking around looking like a live-action Buckaroo.

We're going again this year and will be in the same boat, so if Bell Services do runs to your room, I think I'll ask for that.

They do that?

Yup. They've done it for us every trip, 8 of them now.

We're going again this year and will be in the same boat, so if Bell Services do runs to your room, I think I'll ask for that.

They do, you just have to ask them. Don't ask the Front Desk.

And we always have them come pick us and our luggage up when having to catch the Tragical Depress to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter