Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My 12 yo daughter and I will be staying at CBR in April in a King Room. We would like to be close to the skyliner and not terribly far from the lobby/food court. We are pretty sure we want to stay in Jamaica - does that sound like it would match what we are looking for? We have stayed here twice before (in Jamiaca before Skyliner opened) and in Barbados/33 in Oct.

Just an update. Walked to Riviera this morning (from Aruba) and hopped on a bus at 6am (after being told first bus was 6:15am). Tapped in around 6:38am at DHS and was then boarding group 35 come 7:00am. Worked out well. However, with crowd changes and irregular bus schedules... I can see how things can become a mess.

Just an update. Walked to Riviera this morning (from Aruba) and hopped on a bus at 6am (after being told first bus was 6:15am). Tapped in around 6:38am at DHS and was then boarding group 35 come 7:00am. Worked out well. However, with crowd changes and irregular bus schedules... I can see how things can become a mess.
With boarding group 35 what time did you get to ride? I’m just curious. We are planning on getting in a boarding group.

Is there a walkway from Martinique to the Riviera skyliner?

Yes! But it’s on the other side of the Riviera resort. Still not a bad walk, and after a few days here we have found their buses MUCH more enjoyable... at least for now.

With boarding group 35 what time did you get to ride? I’m just curious. We are planning on getting in a boarding group.

11:45 today. Our group was called around 11:30, but they had some issues this morning. It seems like almost every day is different. Talked to someone who had boarding pass 34 yesterday and rode by 8:30 (7am open). Will be trying again on Wednesday and report back.

Just there Jan 16 - 20. Used the Skyliner to go to HS and EPCOT. Actually Ubered for our early morning HS. Wasn't taking a chance of not arriving early. We went from HS to AK, so only had to take the bus back to CBR. That night (which was Friday), the bus stopped at Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, then Barbados, and finally Trinidad. They were NOT servicing the sides of the resort separately. We were staying in Barbados, but got off at Trinidad, because we ordered food from the QS restaurant.

On Saturday, we went to EPCOT during the day. At 7:30 pm we went out to the bus stop outside of Barbados 33. Waited 10 minutes for a bus for MK. They had to load a scooter. Then Trinidad, Jamaica and finally Aruba. Then off to MK. We finally arrived at MK about 8:30 pm. They were NOT servicing the sides separately. The ride back they dropped off at Martinique, OPR, Barbados, we excited the bus, so I don't know if they went to the other side. We closed MK at 11:00 pm, so I doubt they were running separate buses.

Sunday, we actually went and got coffee at the Skyliner station, took the Skyliner to HS, then a bus to MK. It might not have been quicker, but it was more relaxing. :)

The bus ride back from MK to CBR was awful. We left MK before the fireworks (on purpose). Arrived at the bus stop. Loaded pretty quick. Then our drived proceeded to wait 15 minutes before we left. By the time we left the bus was super full, you couldn't move. Worst part, another CBR bus went by, completely empty. We had a Mini-van, almost run us off the road and when we finally arrived back at CBR, first stop was Martinique, but a bus had broken down at the Martinque bus stop. Rather than radio ahead to our driver, he didn't know and had to radio in for "proper procedure". Once Martinique people got off, we got off at OPR, and went to the bar.

Seriously, the buses at CBR are awful. Too many stops, don't arrive often enough. I would stay there again, but just take the Skyliner to HS and then bus from there. Less of a headache.

Bus Order - for AK - Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad
Bus Order for MK - Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad, Jamaica, Aruba.
Buses were never shared when we were there and it was MLK weekend - super busy!
I think they only run separate busses during the morning park opening rush.

Yes! But it’s on the other side of the Riviera resort. Still not a bad walk, and after a few days here we have found their buses MUCH more enjoyable... at least for now.

11:45 today. Our group was called around 11:30, but they had some issues this morning. It seems like almost every day is different. Talked to someone who had boarding pass 34 yesterday and rode by 8:30 (7am open). Will be trying again on Wednesday and report back.
Ok thanks for the info. I’m trying to figure out a good time to make a lunch reservation. I was thinking 12:00. That wouldn’t work very well if we got called at 11:30.

Just finished with Pete's DVC Riviera resort review and he said something that has me asking this question.

Pete was pretty adamant that the Skyliner is still breaking down way to much. We arrive this coming Friday and the Skyliner is going to play a HUGE role in our movement around the parks. So................for those who have been at WDW in the past month (preferrably at PoP/AoA/CBR) are you seeing what Pete sees? I'm particularly interested in how it operates in the rain. Looking for others experiences.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Doug :goofy:
We were there January 10 to 18 and rode about 10 times. Never an issue. It did stop r slow down a few times briefly but that was due to loading of scooters at Rivera station where cars are not setup on side track. So if people have issues that causes the delays. So not really a breakdown.

About how long was/is the walk from Aruba to Riviera bus stops? Google maps says 30 minutes from OPR, so..

About how long was/is the walk from Aruba to Riviera bus stops? Google maps says 30 minutes from OPR, so..

Wow, that's off. It took us 7 minutes to get to the Riviera lobby fro OPR. Then after looking around another 3 minutes from the lobby to the bus stop.

It did stop r slow down a few times briefly but that was due to loading of scooters at Rivera station where cars are not setup on side track. So if people have issues that causes the delays. So not really a breakdown.
Agree-that can't be called a "Skyliner Breakdown" by any definition.

We stayed at AoA in November and during this trip, we could see CBR in all its glory every single day from the Skyliner. I thought it was beautiful. My wife doesn't like change a whole lot and would prefer to return to AoA on our next trip, remaining on the Skyliner line. After two visits to AoA, we have the resort pretty well cased.

As a potential new resort for us, can someone give me some highlights that could sell it for me?
As you saw, it’s a pretty resort. Lush tropical landscaping, beaches with hammocks, nothing like swaying in a hammock with a drink under a palm tree, quiet pools usually empty as they serve fewer people. Smaller buildings spread apart makes resort feel un crowded. It feels more like a resort.

We stayed at AoA in November and during this trip, we could see CBR in all its glory every single day from the Skyliner. I thought it was beautiful. My wife doesn't like change a whole lot and would prefer to return to AoA on our next trip, remaining on the Skyliner line. After two visits to AoA, we have the resort pretty well cased.

As a potential new resort for us, can someone give me some highlights that could sell it for me?
Half the price of AoA...

I would say easy access to the riviera and the table service restaurants are other big selling points. You can fit 5 people into one room and have two real beds, when most dvc studios don't. The kids have slides at CBR and there is a hot tub.

Wow, that's off. It took us 7 minutes to get to the Riviera lobby fro OPR. Then after looking around another 3 minutes from the lobby to the bus stop.
WOW! Okay. Hmm. This may change our room request from Jamaica to Aruba then. We mostly don't want to be crammed in and dealing with craziness to MK. We honestly may just Uber to AK. but MK is complicated with the TTC

Can anyone point to a list of where the Standard Views + Fifth sleeper rooms are located? I can't seem to find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter