Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Any idea of first bus for 7am opening at DHS? Trying to get over for a Boarding Group tomorrow morning. I have heard 6:15am? Nothing earlier? Also... best to walk to the front (first bus stop) to get on if I am staying in Aruba? Just to make sure the bus doesn’t get full...?
Take a lyft for 6am. Cheap and no worries about bus. We did this for 4 days in January. You can chance a bus but never know for sure. With ROR we were not taking chances. For the price it was worth eliminating some angst.

Take a lyft for 6am. Cheap and no worries about bus. We did this for 4 days in January. You can chance a bus but never know for sure. With ROR we were not taking chances. For the price it was worth eliminating some angst.

There's nothing to be worried about. There's no "chance" with taking the buses. We were in DHS before 6AM every day via bus. Lyft/Uber and bus will all get you there in time.

What time does the Joffrey's located at the skyliner open? Does it typically match its hours to skyliner operation, or is it open earlier? I'm asking because I am someone who needs coffee immediately after waking up, and I'm hoping, if we choose this resort, to get a room by the skyliner station so I can pop over to Joffrey's in the mornings, even if the skyliner isn't running yet.

(Apologies if this is a repeat Q. I searched the thread for this question and could not find it.)
There are coffee makers in the room. With Joffrey coffee.

Just finished with Pete's DVC Riviera resort review and he said something that has me asking this question.

Pete was pretty adamant that the Skyliner is still breaking down way to much. We arrive this coming Friday and the Skyliner is going to play a HUGE role in our movement around the parks. So................for those who have been at WDW in the past month (preferrably at PoP/AoA/CBR) are you seeing what Pete sees? I'm particularly interested in how it operates in the rain. Looking for others experiences.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Doug :goofy:

We stayed at AoA in November and during this trip, we could see CBR in all its glory every single day from the Skyliner. I thought it was beautiful. My wife doesn't like change a whole lot and would prefer to return to AoA on our next trip, remaining on the Skyliner line. After two visits to AoA, we have the resort pretty well cased.

As a potential new resort for us, can someone give me some highlights that could sell it for me?

Just finished with Pete's DVC Riviera resort review and he said something that has me asking this question.

Pete was pretty adamant that the Skyliner is still breaking down way to much. We arrive this coming Friday and the Skyliner is going to play a HUGE role in our movement around the parks. So................for those who have been at WDW in the past month (preferrably at PoP/AoA/CBR) are you seeing what Pete sees? I'm particularly interested in how it operates in the rain. Looking for others experiences.

Just a disclaimer, I haven't been to WDW in the past month. However, people report about Skyliner breakdowns whenever they happen and I feel like it's been a long time since an actual breakdown. It makes me curious what that Pete person is talking about when they say "breaking down".

As for the rain, it shouldn't impact the Skyliner at all.

We traveled one day last November in the pouring rain and had zero issues. Windows can be opened or closed from within and typically the CMs took care of what was needed before we even got into the gondolas. The wind was pretty up there as well on that day and I didn't even feel the gondola move.

As for breakdowns, does he mean legit broken down Skyliner, or perhaps does he mean the pauses in service? We never had a breakdown during our week, but had many pauses that would slow us down, but not completely end the trip like a breakdown.

We traveled one day last November in the pouring rain and had zero issues. Windows can be opened or closed from within and typically the CMs took care of what was needed before we even got into the gondolas. The wind was pretty up there as well on that day and I didn't even feel the gondola move.

As for breakdowns, does he mean legit broken down Skyliner, or perhaps does he mean the pauses in service? We never had a breakdown during our week, but had many pauses that would slow us down, but not completely end the trip like a breakdown.
Hard to say what Pete did mean. The word breakdown is subjective :P

Hard to say what Pete did mean. The word breakdown is subjective :P

I know during our stay people around us grumbled about the pauses. We rode with someone who called it a break down after we had been paused for around 2 minute in air.

Later in the week when I asked a CM about these small stops, he replied it was due mostly to people not getting out of their gondola thinking they could go around the loop and as well people slow to get on... like the whole family is on, but they got cold feet.

Dunno!

I will be staying here next December and the park days will be MK and AK. Can someone give me the lay of the land in terms of what is the "best" area to guarantee a spot on the bus?

What time does the Joffrey's located at the skyliner open? Does it typically match its hours to skyliner operation, or is it open earlier? I'm asking because I am someone who needs coffee immediately after waking up, and I'm hoping, if we choose this resort, to get a room by the skyliner station so I can pop over to Joffrey's in the mornings, even if the skyliner isn't running yet.

(Apologies if this is a repeat Q. I searched the thread for this question and could not find it.)

When were there in January. The coffee stand opened at 7:30 am.

I have a preferred room booked for Spring Break (only thing available for my discount). I’m trying to find opinions on which village is best, Barbados or Martinique. We will be using busses, Skyliner, and our own vehicle. And we will definitely spend a lot of time at the main pool. I see pluses and minuses for each, but would love input.
We were just there over MLK weekend. We were in Barbados 33. It was the perfect location. Close to the Skyliner and not too far of a walk to Centertown. The bus stop was right outside our building. When we arrived our room wasn't ready, I turned down a ready room in Martinique, feeling Barbados was a better fit. Given that we used the Skyliner often (HS - twice, EPCOT, and a fun trip over to AoA), my instinct was right! When we got off the Skyliner at night, it wasn't a long walk to our room.

January 18-23

26 Flights across all 3 lines

ZERO delays for ZERO minutes

Rode in wind and rain with zero issues

Skyliner equals the best,quickest and most FUN mode of Transport presently available at WDW

Oh no this is terrible news!I was under the impression that the bus stops for the two sides of the resort were always serviced separately! Do you know which one was the first bus stop to be serviced?

Just there Jan 16 - 20. Used the Skyliner to go to HS and EPCOT. Actually Ubered for our early morning HS. Wasn't taking a chance of not arriving early. We went from HS to AK, so only had to take the bus back to CBR. That night (which was Friday), the bus stopped at Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, then Barbados, and finally Trinidad. They were NOT servicing the sides of the resort separately. We were staying in Barbados, but got off at Trinidad, because we ordered food from the QS restaurant.

On Saturday, we went to EPCOT during the day. At 7:30 pm we went out to the bus stop outside of Barbados 33. Waited 10 minutes for a bus for MK. They had to load a scooter. Then Trinidad, Jamaica and finally Aruba. Then off to MK. We finally arrived at MK about 8:30 pm. They were NOT servicing the sides separately. The ride back they dropped off at Martinique, OPR, Barbados, we excited the bus, so I don't know if they went to the other side. We closed MK at 11:00 pm, so I doubt they were running separate buses.

Sunday, we actually went and got coffee at the Skyliner station, took the Skyliner to HS, then a bus to MK. It might not have been quicker, but it was more relaxing. :)

The bus ride back from MK to CBR was awful. We left MK before the fireworks (on purpose). Arrived at the bus stop. Loaded pretty quick. Then our drived proceeded to wait 15 minutes before we left. By the time we left the bus was super full, you couldn't move. Worst part, another CBR bus went by, completely empty. We had a Mini-van, almost run us off the road and when we finally arrived back at CBR, first stop was Martinique, but a bus had broken down at the Martinque bus stop. Rather than radio ahead to our driver, he didn't know and had to radio in for "proper procedure". Once Martinique people got off, we got off at OPR, and went to the bar.

Seriously, the buses at CBR are awful. Too many stops, don't arrive often enough. I would stay there again, but just take the Skyliner to HS and then bus from there. Less of a headache.

Bus Order - for AK - Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad
Bus Order for MK - Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad, Jamaica, Aruba.
Buses were never shared when we were there and it was MLK weekend - super busy!

Just there Jan 16 - 20. Used the Skyliner to go to HS and EPCOT. Actually Ubered for our early morning HS. Wasn't taking a chance of not arriving early. We went from HS to AK, so only had to take the bus back to CBR. That night (which was Friday), the bus stopped at Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, then Barbados, and finally Trinidad. They were NOT servicing the sides of the resort separately. We were staying in Barbados, but got off at Trinidad, because we ordered food from the QS restaurant.

On Saturday, we went to EPCOT during the day. At 7:30 pm we went out to the bus stop outside of Barbados 33. Waited 10 minutes for a bus for MK. They had to load a scooter. Then Trinidad, Jamaica and finally Aruba. Then off to MK. We finally arrived at MK about 8:30 pm. They were NOT servicing the sides separately. The ride back they dropped off at Martinique, OPR, Barbados, we excited the bus, so I don't know if they went to the other side. We closed MK at 11:00 pm, so I doubt they were running separate buses.

Sunday, we actually went and got coffee at the Skyliner station, took the Skyliner to HS, then a bus to MK. It might not have been quicker, but it was more relaxing. :)

The bus ride back from MK to CBR was awful. We left MK before the fireworks (on purpose). Arrived at the bus stop. Loaded pretty quick. Then our drived proceeded to wait 15 minutes before we left. By the time we left the bus was super full, you couldn't move. Worst part, another CBR bus went by, completely empty. We had a Mini-van, almost run us off the road and when we finally arrived back at CBR, first stop was Martinique, but a bus had broken down at the Martinque bus stop. Rather than radio ahead to our driver, he didn't know and had to radio in for "proper procedure". Once Martinique people got off, we got off at OPR, and went to the bar.

Seriously, the buses at CBR are awful. Too many stops, don't arrive often enough. I would stay there again, but just take the Skyliner to HS and then bus from there. Less of a headache.

Bus Order - for AK - Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad
Bus Order for MK - Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinindad, Jamaica, Aruba.
Buses were never shared when we were there and it was MLK weekend - super busy!

What about using the Riviera bus when coming home from AK and MK? Do you think that would be worth it?

Never though about taking the Skyliner to HS and then busing to MK or AK. How much long would you say it took you to do that? I feel like I've always had bad luck waiting for park to park buses and end up standing there waiting for a really long time.

What about using the Riviera bus when coming home from AK and MK? Do you think that would be worth it?

Never though about taking the Skyliner to HS and then busing to MK or AK. How much long would you say it took you to do that? I feel like I've always had bad luck waiting for park to park buses and end up standing there waiting for a really long time.

With us in Barbados, we were too far from Rivieria to make it worth while. And I'm not sure where the bus stops are located, but maybe if you were in Martinique or Aruba, and on the end closest to Rivieria.
We had good luck taking the park bus from HS. Went from HS to AK on Friday @ 2:00, waited about 10 minutes.
On Sunday, we waited about 10 minutes for a MK bus when we took the Skyliner over to HS.

I prefer to be on the move and the waiting for buses, people to load at each "island" drove me crazy.

I prefer to be on the move and the waiting for buses, people to load at each "island" drove me crazy.

Same here. Standing in place drives me crazy haha. I don't mind if something takes a little bit longer if it means I'm constantly moving. We've even walked through Epcot and took the monorail to MK when staying at the Beach Club. That takes much longer than waiting for a bus but it's always more fun walking through a park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter