Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Our flight in arrives kind of late, then we're DMEing in from the airport. What time do they stop serving food at the dining locations at the resort? I know we're going to be hungry when we arrive. At least I am. :-)

Our flight in arrives kind of late, then we're DMEing in from the airport. What time do they stop serving food at the dining locations at the resort? I know we're going to be hungry when we arrive. At least I am. :-)

Centertown Market closes at 11PM.

Little over a week and we’ll be there! My main worry at this point is regarding MK transportation.

1. What is TTC? I keep seeing folks mention getting dropped there via Uber but not sure what it is.
2. How far of a walk is it from Contemporary to the gates? I have some nerve issues in my legs so I try to conserve energy the best I can. But if the walk isn’t too bad, I could do it.
3. If we arrived at the bus at 7AM for a 9AM opening is that early enough? Any particular bus stop seem to be the best one?

Thanks all!!!

Looking to potentially stay at CBR in later 2021 but am being tripped up by the reports of horrid bus rides and am looking for clarification.

There is an internal bus service that goes between the islands and an external bus service that goes to the parks, right? They don’t shuttle people from their island stops to a main stop at OPR to then get on a bus for a park, correct?

Looking to potentially stay at CBR in later 2021 but am being tripped up by the reports of horrid bus rides and am looking for clarification.

There is an internal bus service that goes between the islands and an external bus service that goes to the parks, right? They don’t shuttle people from their island stops to a main stop at OPR to then get on a bus for a park, correct?
Correct on all.

(Exceptions were the Water Parks and ESPN WWoS when they were open.)

1. What is TTC? I keep seeing folks mention getting dropped there via Uber but not sure what it is.
TTC is Ticket & Transportation Center. If you arrive at MK by a car (whether Uber or your own), you have to go here and then take either the ferry, monorail, or bus over to MK. The only way to get dropped off directly at MK is to take the bus from the resort.

We took an Uber to TTC because we did not want to wait 60+ minutes for a bus we didn't even know if we'd get a seat on. Ride share has its own drop off area at TTC and there were maybe 75 people waiting once we were let in. We were on the first monorail after the temperature check and in MK by 8:30, and it seemed like it was before the first bus of the day even arrived.

2. How far of a walk is it from Contemporary to the gates? I have some nerve issues in my legs so I try to conserve energy the best I can. But if the walk isn’t too bad, I could do it.
The walk isn't too bad, but its in the sun. Also, the only way you can get into Contemporary by vehicle right now is if you have an ADR or mobile order. I've read some reports that mobile orders have even been turned away (not sure how they can do that, but I've read this). So, to Uber there right now in order to walk to MK requires some additional logistics. IMO, its easier to just Uber to TTC right now. While we were on the monorail over, we saw a fairly decent line waiting to get through the temp check/security area coming from that pathway.

3. If we arrived at the bus at 7AM for a 9AM opening is that early enough? Any particular bus stop seem to be the best one?
We went to the Jamaica bus stop around 7:25 and we were the third group there. By about 7:50am, there were maybe 10-12 groups waiting for MK or AK buses, and there was still another 40 minutes until the buses were due to start at 8:30. The TV screen at the bus depot showed an 8:30 start, and others who had already used the buses last week said 8:30 was pretty accurate, but I know they can come slightly earlier than that. I was getting nervous about how things would go whenever the bus did show up, since there is not a formal queue. That's when we decided to leave and call an Uber, which worked out well. We used Uber on our AK day too. I noticed quite a line at the Jamaica bus stop another day while we were waiting for the Skyliner, so it must have been around 8:15ish that day.

I have a question! What did you do with your lightsabers once you made them and went on RoR? Can you take them? I want to make a reservation at Savi's but was wondering about carrying it around all day Thanks.

We were able to carry them on to ROTR. We just laid them on the floor at our feet. It actually enhanced the experience on the ride because we got interrogated as to why we were carrying them and where we got them. My oh so colorful husband told the CM we murdered a few Jedi and stole them. :rotfl:

I do remember reading somewhere that you can't carry them on RNRC but my husband and I don't ride that one so I wasn't worried about it.

I will say they are a bit awkward to carry around. That's the reason I made our reservation later in the day so we wouldn't be stuck carrying them all day.

So, I'm taking my son for a solo Dad/Son trip in December. I was going to do Pop because we are focusing on DHS, but upgraded to CBR because I want to be at the Skyliner hub and not have to change. Was this a good move? I heard the rooms at Pop were renovated and now I'm having second thoughts. I've never stayed at CBR.
Really just depends. I don’t think either will make a HUGE difference but if you want skyliner transportation convenience, CBR is the way to go. But if you’re looking to have a newer/nicer room at the hotel, I’d choose POP. CBR does have some of the most outdated rooms on property and imo are in serious need of TLC. All things considered, the rooms at POP are still smaller than CBR and lack vanity room space which may not matter for a dad/son trip. CBR does have a nice new lobby and it’s a skyliner stop away, or walk, to the riviera if you want to eat or check out that resort.

Really just depends. I don’t think either will make a HUGE difference but if you want skyliner transportation convenience, CBR is the way to go. But if you’re looking to have a newer/nicer room at the hotel, I’d choose POP. CBR does have some of the most outdated rooms on property and imo are in serious need of TLC. All things considered, the rooms at POP are still smaller than CBR and lack vanity room space which may not matter for a dad/son trip. CBR does have a nice new lobby and it’s a skyliner stop away, or walk, to the riviera if you want to eat or check out that resort.

For what it's worth, CBR went through a refurb just in the past couple of years. We thought the rooms were very nice. Everything in the room was brand new about two years ago. The only rooms not renovated were the Pirate Rooms. Everything else was completely redone. The bed was the most comfortable that I've slept on at a Disney resort. The rooms were definitely better than French Quarter...in our opinion and on par with CSR.

For what it's worth, CBR went through a refurb just in the past couple of years. We thought the rooms were very nice. Everything in the room was brand new about two years ago. The only rooms not renovated were the Pirate Rooms. Everything else was completely redone. The bed was the most comfortable that I've slept on at a Disney resort. The rooms were definitely better than French Quarter...in our opinion and on par with CSR.

We stayed there this past August and the bed wasn’t bad and they may have done a refurb but comparing what Disney did to pop and CSR to CBR, those rooms are still outdated and need some serious TLC. I don’t doubt that the CBR rooms are similar to POFQ and even POR. We last stayed at POR in 2018 and I’d say those rooms while having been refurbed also likely still need some major overhauls. The new lobby at CBR is great and very pretty but that’s where it all ends. The lobby area doesn’t match what the rooms look like at all. I’m just not a CBR fan.

Skyliner:
For our Epcot day, we got to the Skyliner around 9:50am and it was already running. We were in line for Test Track by 10:20.

Which Skyliner station did you use for Epcot? I am curious whether it is better to use the Riviera station to avoid the folks headed to HS. Also, what time did they start letting people enter Epcot?

Thanks for your help.

It's my understanding that some resorts are still requiring ADR to enter. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is the case with the Riviera? We'll be staying at CBR over Christmas and I was planning on having a few quick service breakfasts at the Riviera. I'm curious if this has been an issue with anyone.

It's my understanding that some resorts are still requiring ADR to enter. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is the case with the Riviera? We'll be staying at CBR over Christmas and I was planning on having a few quick service breakfasts at the Riviera. I'm curious if this has been an issue with anyone.

Due to the Skyliner, I'd anticipate issues.

Interesting question, does that mean you can't visit values since they have no TS? I was going to head over to Pop and AoA since I have a TiW card and can get a discount on breakfast there, but obviously no way to have an ADR...

Which Skyliner station did you use for Epcot? I am curious whether it is better to use the Riviera station to avoid the folks headed to HS. Also, what time did they start letting people enter Epcot?

Thanks for your help.
We were in Jamaica 42 which is right next to the CBR Skyliner hub, so we used that each time. Most of the DHS foot traffic had cleared out by the time the Epcot Skyliner started running, and the line for the Epcot Skyliner to open was minimal. IMO, it doesn't really matter which station you use for Epcot so I would choose the one more convenient to your room. I also didn't think it mattered what time you got to the Skyliner for Epcot. Not much of a wait at all.

I'm not sure what time Epcot actually opened, but we were in the park by 10:15-10:20sh and went straight to Test Track. The line was posted at 45 minutes when we walked up with a lot of people in front of us, so the park must have opened maybe around 10ish? (side note, our TT wait was actually about 30 minutes at that time)

Interesting question, does that mean you can't visit values since they have no TS? I was going to head over to Pop and AoA since I have a TiW card and can get a discount on breakfast there, but obviously no way to have an ADR...
You only need to show evidence of an ADR or mobile order if you're arriving by car (including rideshare/taxi). The guard stand has been requesting that in order to allow people through. If you are arriving by Disney transportation (bus, Skyliner, or walking), then you don't need an ADR and aren't asked for proof of anything. I believe the posted policy says an ADR or resort reservation is required, but they only seem to be monitoring this for vehicles. I imagine its because staffing cost and logistics would make any other monitoring of it difficult, and checking for it at the parking lot entrance prohibits non-guests from parking there or being dropped off in order to get to a park timely (i.e. Contemporary for MK and Boardwalk for DHS).

We walked from CBR to Riviera to check it out with no issue and even rode the Skyliner from there, so you'll have no problem eating QS there. And you'll be fine going over to Pop and AOA on the Skyliner for breakfast. They are only doing mobile order, and you will need to show that your order is ready in order to get into the food court to get it, but you won't have to show evidence of it to get on resort grounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter