Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just returned from a 15 night stay at CBR. I previously posted the room numbers. We had a great stay. I loved our room location in Jamaica 44. We were close to the pool, bus stop and not a bad walk to opr. The food at opr could use some improving. The rfid for the mugs was turned off during my entire stay. The main pool was typically busy but a lot of fun. Our rooms were in very good shape, my only complaint was the AC didn't get the room cold enough. Bus service was good most of the time. I love CBR and I already miss it!

Got a text our room is ready. Jamaica building 43. I'm a little worried about the walk to the food court. I, like everyone I'm sure, had requested building 45.
Be glad...we requested Jamaica 45 and ended up in Barbados 16...the end of the Earth...

This really ticks me off! :mad: No one offered their seat to you?! How very rude of people to do that. I am so sorry! My whole family would have been jumping up to give you a seat.
We just returned last night from our stay at CBR and DH and I were discussing that the amount of rudeness exhibited was the worst of any Disney vacation we have been on...It was appalling to see how people treated others, were ill-tempered and had few, if any, manners... That being said...We also met some wonderful folks!! :)

Thanks so much! Haven't been on here much because I have been so busy! We had a downpour when ready to go into Fantasmic - like buckets of rain on Friday evening. It passed quickly. Saturday just sprinkles but Sunday night was a gully washer - we were at the Star Wars dessert party and it started raining and just increased in intensity. We left the party and got back to back toy story rides (same car) just before park closed. We went to the busses with all th rained out Fantasmic and fireworks crowd. The Carribean beach bus line went from bus stop 5 all the way down past two and by the end probably 3 bus stops. Everyone was standing in the pouring rain. It took a bit over an hour to get on a bus. The good thing was it was a warm rain so we were not freezing like we would have been in Ohio.

That still sounds pretty horrible. That could eat up a whole lot of Disney magic.

Thanks so much! Haven't been on here much because I have been so busy! We had a downpour when ready to go into Fantasmic - like buckets of rain on Friday evening. It passed quickly. Saturday just sprinkles but Sunday night was a gully washer - we were at the Star Wars dessert party and it started raining and just increased in intensity. We left the party and got back to back toy story rides (same car) just before park closed. We went to the busses with all th rained out Fantasmic and fireworks crowd. The Carribean beach bus line went from bus stop 5 all the way down past two and by the end probably 3 bus stops. Everyone was standing in the pouring rain. It took a bit over an hour to get on a bus. The good thing was it was a warm rain so we were not freezing like we would have been in Ohio.
75 and sunny in Hilliard, OH right now...but it still isn't Disney. :P

Martinique 2256 has no Murphy bed. Is a corner connecting room with two beds. I thought they were queens but seem to be too small so I'm going with full

It also overlooks the lagoon on one window and the courtyard walkway out the other

They are queens.

They are queens.
I still don't believe it even after tearing the other bed apart and looking at the tag.

My partner and I have a king at home and there seems to be way too much room that when we sleep in this bed we are right on top of each other and feel there is t enough

Can I have an in between size please that will be just right? We can call it a Quing ;-)

I still don't believe it even after tearing the other bed apart and looking at the tag.

My partner and I have a king at home and there seems to be way too much room that when we sleep in this bed we are right on top of each other and feel there is t enough

Can I have an in between size please that will be just right? We can call it a Quing ;-)

The beds in the Non Pirate Themed rooms are 60" x 80" which is the measurements for a queen size bed.

Be glad...we requested Jamaica 45 and ended up in Barbados 16...the end of the Earth...
Not quite the end of the Earth. That would be Barbados 11, where I was. :) I think I was in the room the absolute furthest away from OPR on the property. LOL!!!

Just booked CBR for March 8-11 2017 with the new RO discount. DH and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas with NCL out of Port Canaveral while the kids are staying at my parents' condo in Ft Lauderdale. They will then drop them off at our resort after we spend a couple-only day at Epcot for Flower and Garden Festival on March 8th. Only planning one day at MK with the kids this time. :( I guess a little Disney is better than no Disney at all!

Are all the rooms in two buildings designated as preferred, preferred rooms. In other words are there any king rooms intermingled? I think my sister had to book preferred and I did not (not worth $250 to me). I guess the chances of us being in the same area are 0%.

Are all the rooms in two buildings designated as preferred, preferred rooms. In other words are there any king rooms intermingled? I think my sister had to book preferred and I did not (not worth $250 to me). I guess the chances of us being in the same area are 0%.

The buildings are not designated as preferred, rooms are. The preferred rooms are in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26. Those buildings have Preferred, Water View and King rooms.

75 and sunny in Hilliard, OH right now...but it still isn't Disney. :P

Thanks for the updates! We got home Sunday night and it was pleasantly warm in Columbus! Last night I slept with the windows open and it was perfectly cool in my home. Sad to be away from Disney but at least Ohio weather is cooperating for now

That still sounds pretty horrible. That could eat up a whole lot of Disney magic.

That night was brutal honestly. There were an awful lot of soaked guests. We did have an enjoyable time chatting with the lovely family behind us and cheering with the crowd when a bus pulled up etc. super sad to have missed Star Wars firework show though.

If you link your reservations and then call and request Martinique, you could at least try to end up in buildings near each other.

Thanks for the updates! We got home Sunday night and it was pleasantly warm in Columbus! Last night I slept with the windows open and it was perfectly cool in my home. Sad to be away from Disney but at least Ohio weather is cooperating for now
Well, howdy neighbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter