Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Here's a huge part of my complaint... as a Disney veteran, on numerous occasions when I go to book a resort, I have received the "this resort is undergoing renovations", I feel at that point it is MY choice to book that resort at the offered price. When I booked Caribbean, there was NO such warning... of course, I would never book this property with the knowledge of the whole common area being shut down... but I was not given that choice.

The food court is actually a HUGE deal on this trip as we are running 3 runDisney races in April, and I specifically booked this location because of the food court set up and location to the races. I do not feel like we should be charged the booking amount or we should be moved to another moderate location at NO upcharge.

FYI, we called this morning and received a $75 discount for each night, plus 1 anytime FP for each member of our party for each day of our stay (April 24-May 5). So if you tried yesterday with no luck, try try again!

This would certainly go a long way to ease the sting of this late notice and not moving us to other resorts at no further cost... thanks for the update

would you mind telling me if you called the number provided or general Disney phone number, I had a hell of time on hold yesterday
I called the # that I received in the email. I believe it ended in 4000? I was on hold yesterday as well for a very long time but today someone answered almost immediately. Guest services eventually transferred me to reservations. Good luck!

So I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations... my dates are April 20-27... I'm getting, this will not effect my stay. I told them I have no trust in what they are telling me. He told me I have no compensation on those dates. I told him, I want a confirmation email to that effect and my reservations to have this call noted. I was polite but firm and got no "have a magical day"

FYI, we called this morning and received a $75 discount for each night, plus 1 anytime FP for each member of our party for each day of our stay (April 24-May 5). So if you tried yesterday with no luck, try try again!
What room type do you have @ CBR and how many in your party?

So I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations... my dates are April 20-27... I'm getting, this will not effect my stay. I told them I have no trust in what they are telling me. He told me I have no compensation on those dates. I told him, I want a confirmation email to that effect and my reservations to have this call noted. I was polite but firm and got no "have a magical day"

Hmmm...I hope they know there is going to be uproar from all the racers booked there if they screw with the amenities we need and book for our races. Seriously stuff will hit the fan!

I was upset over the fact I picked CBR because of the atmosphere. Yes Disney does construction well but it is still construction and to have both major walls going up AND a lack of the food court while paying full rack rate (having passed up a a F&S rate at POR) was a big disappointment. I will call when I get off work and see if they are now offering incentives like has been posted.

FYI I still have not received my email and would not know about the construction if I was a "regular" visitor.

Hmmm...I hope they know there is going to be uproar from all the racers booked there if they screw with the amenities we need and book for our races. Seriously stuff will hit the fan!

Right? I specifically told him, more than any other trip, in three days, I'm running over 20 miles and for once, the food court is actually very important to this trip for my nutrition and ease of grabbing a good meal (or prepping my breakfast in the wee hours of the morning). I have no trust in them at this point, if my race dollars could transfer, I would cancel in a heartbeat to wine and dine

And FYI, my mother is coming (under a separate reservation) for a shorter stay, April 24-27. They would not compensate her at all (although she did also get the anytime FP+ for each of her days), as the CM indicated that the construction would not begin until May 1. However, they provided us the discount for the full duration of our stay. 11 nights at CBR for the 5 of us... $841.42 TOTAL (includes AP discount also). $76.49/night... probably beats the local Motel 6 rate! For that price, and an pool unaffected by the construction, I will wear a hard hat around the resort if I need to :)

And FYI, my mother is coming (under a separate reservation) for a shorter stay, April 24-27. They would not compensate her at all (although she did also get the anytime FP+ for each of her days), as the CM indicated that the construction would not begin until May 1. However, they provided us the discount for the full duration of our stay. 11 nights at CBR for the 5 of us... $841.42 TOTAL (includes AP discount also). $76.49/night... probably beats the local Motel 6 rate! For that price, and an pool unaffected by the construction, I will wear a hard hat around the resort if I need to :)

Was that credited to your credit card or will it be a room credit upon arrival

I'm interested if this is indeed true. My dates are April 23-28, with the 28th being the check out day, so there wouldn't have been any real interference with our reservation if construction started that day. I went ahead and switched to POR, at a small upcharge, but will be pretty upset to find out I went through all that trouble and expense if construction wasn't even going to start during my booked time. I'm wondering why Disney would be notifying people if there wasn't going to be any interference with their trip? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter