Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

How do you find out if the skyliner is working prior to walking to it. Outside of actually seeing cabins move.
Outside of visually seeing them not working and observing the weather, there are sandwich board signs at the stations that say they’re closed. Once there’s thunder/lightening or storms with some wind, within a certain distance, they will close. At this time there’s no notice in MDE or anywhere else at the parks.

Hi I was just wondering if there is another parking lot close by the Jamaica bldg? That is if we get our request for our December trip. Like you said and ive read that there seems to be a lot of parking issues there.
Thank You
Just back from a 3 night stay at Caribbean Beach from Thursday to Sunday and my wife and I agree, that of the hotels we have stayed at so far post covid, this one seems the most normal. I say this because pretty much the entire resort minus Sebastians is open and running with obvious changes to social distancing. Some things are strange, some things are normal, but overall we enjoyed it more than the deluxe hotels we have stayed at since reopening.

Some thoughts and observations...
Main Pool and Bar are only open 9am to 9pm. Pool bar has no chairs and only 1 bartender so the line for just drinks can get real long during the mid to late afternoon on the weekends. Pools at main and quiet pools are the busiest pools we have seen since reopening...they are not bad in the morning, but by about 4 they get pretty crowded.

Quite pools are open 24hrs and they do not lock them. We were able to hang out with some friends till about 1am Friday night, and when a few cast members came to clean, they said we are fine and we could hang out all night if we wanted.

Our room was in building 42 of Jamaica which made for easy access to Skyliner and main pool, it is kind of in the middle. Jamaica note...not sure if it is from people coming from other side of resort, or guests just coming into CBR, but the parking lot fills up in the morning with people just parking there to use the Skyliner to DHS.

We only rode the Skyliner to DHS in the afternoon and evening...so no lines, but we did see the line at 9:00am on Saturday morning headed to DHS and it was pretty large. Rode Skyliner to Epcot early on Saturday and it was not a long line and moved quickly. No issues there or back from Epcot.

Mask compliance was fine at the resort, we did notice a lot of people walking around the lake that would keep mask off till they got close, then put them on and took them off after passing...this was pretty common. Also a lot of people running with and also without masks...doesn't bother me, just stating as I have seen people ask the question about "do I have to wear my mask while running"

Anyone with a question, feel free to ask

Hi I was just wondering if there is another parking lot close by the Jamaica bldg? That is if we get our request for our December trip. Like you said and ive read that there seems to be a lot of parking issues there.
Thank You
Yes there are lots nearby all the buildings at CBR. You can view the lots on the map of CBR. It’s all the grey areas.

Just back from a 3 night stay at Caribbean Beach from Thursday to Sunday and my wife and I agree, that of the hotels we have stayed at so far post covid, this one seems the most normal. I say this because pretty much the entire resort minus Sebastians is open and running with obvious changes to social distancing. Some things are strange, some things are normal, but overall we enjoyed it more than the deluxe hotels we have stayed at since reopening.

Some thoughts and observations...
Main Pool and Bar are only open 9am to 9pm. Pool bar has no chairs and only 1 bartender so the line for just drinks can get real long during the mid to late afternoon on the weekends. Pools at main and quiet pools are the busiest pools we have seen since reopening...they are not bad in the morning, but by about 4 they get pretty crowded.

Quite pools are open 24hrs and they do not lock them. We were able to hang out with some friends till about 1am Friday night, and when a few cast members came to clean, they said we are fine and we could hang out all night if we wanted.

Our room was in building 42 of Jamaica which made for easy access to Skyliner and main pool, it is kind of in the middle. Jamaica note...not sure if it is from people coming from other side of resort, or guests just coming into CBR, but the parking lot fills up in the morning with people just parking there to use the Skyliner to DHS.

We only rode the Skyliner to DHS in the afternoon and evening...so no lines, but we did see the line at 9:00am on Saturday morning headed to DHS and it was pretty large. Rode Skyliner to Epcot early on Saturday and it was not a long line and moved quickly. No issues there or back from Epcot.

Mask compliance was fine at the resort, we did notice a lot of people walking around the lake that would keep mask off till they got close, then put them on and took them off after passing...this was pretty common. Also a lot of people running with and also without masks...doesn't bother me, just stating as I have seen people ask the question about "do I have to wear my mask while running"

Anyone with a question, feel free to ask
Hi thanks for your observations! I was wondering if you noticed if the chairs and hammocks are still on the beach? I am really hoping so. Thanks!

Hey guys...i've tried to read the thread, but I'm not seeing my question answered. What is open in the evening for dinner? DD and I are spending one night here because it was closer to HS. We won't get in until 7pm, but I'd like to swim and get a snack/dinner. Is the big pool open? Is the bar at the pool open?

Hey guys...i've tried to read the thread, but I'm not seeing my question answered. What is open in the evening for dinner? DD and I are spending one night here because it was closer to HS. We won't get in until 7pm, but I'd like to swim and get a snack/dinner. Is the big pool open? Is the bar at the pool open?
I can’t answer for the pool bar but the food court is open until 10 when we were there two weeks ago. I know the quiet pools are open 24 hours but don’t remember what time the main pool closed. Hope this helps. And don’t forget you can hop on the skyliner to eat at Pop, Riviera or Boardwalk.

The Centertown Market is the only place to get food right now. They have a few items at the Banana Cabana, but it's not the normal menu and we were told that you had to eat it there. The pool is open until 9 pm right now.

Thank you both! I think I’ll pack granola bars for breakfast and we will make do with what we can get Sunday night.

Just moved our October trip from Pop to CBR, so I've not been following the latest news with regard to CBR. Hoping someone can answer the following:

1. How is the bus situation to AK and MK? My main reason for moving was due to the scary long waits for buses at Pop.

2. What, if anything, is closed or not operational at the resort? I see above that Banana Cabana has a limited menu and the pool closes at 9. Anything else? Is the store open?

3. Are they doing mobile order only at Centertown Market? I believe at Pop you had to mobile order and were only permitted inside once you received notification your order was ready. Is this how they are operating at CBR as well?

Thanks all!

Just moved our October trip from Pop to CBR, so I've not been following the latest news with regard to CBR. Hoping someone can answer the following:

1. How is the bus situation to AK and MK? My main reason for moving was due to the scary long waits for buses at Pop.

2. What, if anything, is closed or not operational at the resort? I see above that Banana Cabana has a limited menu and the pool closes at 9. Anything else? Is the store open?

3. Are they doing mobile order only at Centertown Market? I believe at Pop you had to mobile order and were only permitted inside once you received notification your order was ready. Is this how they are operating at CBR as well?

Thanks all!
1. Sorry, I don't know the answer to this because we drove or took the skyliner.
2. Sebastian's Bistro is not open nor is Spyglass grill. The store in the main building is open.
3. Yes, mobile order at Centertown. You order and then you'll get notified when the order is ready. You show this order ready screen to a person at the entrance and they allow you to go in and pick it up from the designated window.

Thanks all!
Hey there see comments below

1 -buses to AK and MK have been pretty normal as of August. They’re definitely not super easy given the social distancing guidelines but 9/10 times, they’ve been good. The buses to DHS and Epcot are horrible when the skyliner goes down. They are very very slow and inconsistent. Major issues we encountered with these buses was sometimes they’d stop at the internal bus depots and other times they’d skip these depots and only stop at the skyliner bus stop. WDW transportation said they’re supposed to stop at all bus depots when the skyliner goes down but that was not the case.

2 -quiet pools are 24 hours, main pool does close early at 9 but was posted as closing at 10 when we were there. That was kind of annoying. Sebastian’s and the other sit down, can’t recall the name, are closed. The food court is open till 10 and as most other QS you need to do mobile order. Yes the lobby sundry gift ship is open. I think also until 10.

3 -yes you can’t enter the food court until your
Mobile order is ready. Do keep in mind, just like everywhere else in WDW, menus are limited. Our biggest disappointment was the baked goods selection at center town. Only on the last night of our stay did Center town finally have cupcakes. So if you have a sweet tooth family like I do be prepared. We’d usually order our food on the bus ride back to CBR and get off at old port royale and the. Take our food back to the room.

We’d usually order our food on the bus ride back to CBR and get off at old port royale and the. Take our food back to the room.
[/QUOTE]

Are they not allowing anyone to eat in the Center Town area once you pick up the food?

We’d usually order our food on the bus ride back to CBR and get off at old port royale and the. Take our food back to the room.

Are they not allowing anyone to eat in the Center Town area once you pick up the food?
You can eat it there or take it to go, you simply aren't allowed into the area until your order is ready.

[/QUOTE]
Oh no. Sorry that came across that way. We just like to take our food to go. You can definitely eat at the market. No issues with that.

Leaving on couple weeks for Caribbean beach.
We booked a pool or lake view. What buildings do you think they will put us in. Also are all the villages open or only a couple?

Leaving on couple weeks for Caribbean beach.
We booked a pool or lake view. What buildings do you think they will put us in. Also are all the villages open or only a couple?

No idea where you’ll end up but I do know Trinidad is closed and not being used. All other buildings were being used. We were in Jamaica which seemed to be more full based on the lot.

No idea where you’ll end up but I do know Trinidad is closed and not being used. All other buildings were being used. We were in Jamaica which seemed to be more full based on the lot.
We were in Jamaica, too, and the lot was really full. I wonder, though, if people were driving over and parking in that lot to be closer to the skyliner. I saw several cars pull up one morning and the people walk to the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter