Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I found the answer the other day, forgot it and now I can’t find it! lol Staying at AKL CL , standard room. If we want to be as close to the lobby (lounge) as possible, but still have a good savannah view, what should my room request be? Bonus points for close to pool! Yes, I want it all. But seriously, close to the lounge is our most important concern. Thanks!
Unfortunately none of the standard CL rooms are close to the lounge. I've attached a map here showing the location of the rooms and the lounge. The rooms are on the 4th floor facing the savanna while the lounge is at 6th floor on top of the main entrance. The rooms located across the hallway from yours are pool-facing, so you're very close to the pool.20190529_080930.jpg

I want to book 2 rooms CL (maybe GF) and would love to get something like a 40% off AP discount for next May (2020). Should I book the rooms over the phone and then pray I can snag the discount and get it applied to the stay? Or, wait and see what offers come out and book as quickly as I can? First time being an AP and first time trying to book Deluxe CL. Thanks for any knowledge!! I appreciate it as always!

I want to book 2 rooms CL (maybe GF) and would love to get something like a 40% off AP discount for next May (2020). Should I book the rooms over the phone and then pray I can snag the discount and get it applied to the stay? Or, wait and see what offers come out and book as quickly as I can? First time being an AP and first time trying to book Deluxe CL. Thanks for any knowledge!! I appreciate it as always!
If you are going to keep the reservation regardless of whether or not you get a discount, book early. If you are working on plans that include a discount (and a possible resort change) then I would wait. Discounts can't be routinely applied to an existing reservation. I usually continue to check online and occasionally by phone once I know the discounts are out. Sometimes I can grab a discount at my first choice resort, sometimes I have to change resorts.
If I know for sure I'm going to WDW, then I book something that works, pricewise, in case I end up with rack rate. Then, if I've been lucky with a discount, I change my reservation to my preferred resort or Club level.

If you are going to keep the reservation regardless of whether or not you get a discount, book early. If you are working on plans that include a discount (and a possible resort change) then I would wait. Discounts can't be routinely applied to an existing reservation. I usually continue to check online and occasionally by phone once I know the discounts are out. Sometimes I can grab a discount at my first choice resort, sometimes I have to change resorts.
If I know for sure I'm going to WDW, then I book something that works, pricewise, in case I end up with rack rate. Then, if I've been lucky with a discount, I change my reservation to my preferred resort or Club level.
Thank you!! I will check once I can view rates for next May. I wasn't sure how easy it was to call and have them apply the lower rate once released.

Attempting to post photos........ If this works, it's the AKL lobby area where some of the check-in has been blocked off. Not sure what they're doing in there!
Thank you for the pics. Can you see the cranes in the Savannah from the Zebra side?

Thank you!! I will check once I can view rates for next May. I wasn't sure how easy it was to call and have them apply the lower rate once released.
My understanding is that they can't ever just apply the lower rate. What you would be doing it getting a different, new reservation with the new rate (I'm not actually sure if you get a new reservation number or not when you do it that way, though). In other words, if there is availability under the new (in your case AP) rate, you would be able to book it, if your room category didn't have availability for a new reservation they wouldn't be able to adjust the room you already had booked. Does that make sense? So even though sometimes Its hard to not just book, I really think if you will only book the room with a discount you are actually better off holding off and booking when you actually see the availability with the rate you want. Availability under discounts is very fluid, just because you don't see it one day doens't mean it won't pop up the next time you check, I would book a room that you would be willing to pay rack rate for, and then watch for discounts and make a new reservation with a discount when it comes out, then cancel the original reservation. Unless you are willing to pay RR for RPC - then more power to you!! I love RPC, but without a good discount it's ridiculous! We got 40% off for our upcoming stay, which i was thrilled about, but when you look at what you're paying even at that most people I know would still freak out and even I have to admit it seems crazy to think that's a 40% off rate :scared1:.

They will only "apply" the discount if the room is available to be booked with a discount as a new reservation. So, booking early guarantees you the room - at rack rate. If you are counting on a discount, I would wait so that there is additional inventory to incentivize a discount. Maybe book what you are comfortable if there is no discount or a smal discount. Of course, no one knows how SWGE will affect onsite bookings, but AP Discounts for May 2019 were plentiful, generally a great time for discounts, especially in the early through mid-month part.

This is why I wouldn't...

CL discounts are inconsistent and undependable. Once you book, you kind of get psychologically attached. I did this once with CR for early January. There were always discounts. My kids knew I booked it. Came closer to the date and other things went on sale, but not CR. My kids were so excited, I ended up paying full price when I could have picked another resort at a discount. As someone said, if you will keep it regardless, you might as well book, but don't depend on discounts.

We are staying at GF RPC mid-July. We are super excited as GF is one of the few Deluxes we’ve not yet stayed at! We have a TPV room booked.

RPC is wonderful, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Sadly, our CL stay at BWI is over. It was our first stay at BWI, but it won’t be our last. Kids really liked being able to grab some juice or soda. Very convenient.

Thanks for your review. I had my first BWI CL stay last summer and like you, it won't be my last. I'm in the process of trying other CLs, but I will definitely stay BWI CL again. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed your first BWI CL stay :).

Hi all! Re-joining the CL thread after coming out of an extremely busy time at work... We've gotten a few more CL trips under our belts in the meantime, and we're off to our first stay at the YC CL in 11 days. Excited to try something new!! Glad to see some nice reports on the YC CL here. We enjoyed BC CL last summer, but found the long hallways and proximity to the pool annoying- I'm hoping YC CL is a little better in that regard but will report back!

Welcome back! We're trying YC CL for the first time as well on our upcoming trip (we arrive 6/10). Hope you have a great stay :).

Glad to see so many positive reviews for CL at BWI. DW and I will be staying at BWI CL next month and I am thinking BWI may become our new favorite resort (or at the very least top 3).

BWI CL is amazing, you will love it! The food offerings are great and the CL CMs are very friendly/personable and go above and beyond for guests. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

If you had to pick a monorail resort CL, which would you pick and why? I looking at the CL option as I know the Contemporary is walkable to MK and one stop away (but monorail change) to Epcot; and that the Poly is walkable to TTC to go to Epcot and monorail / boat to MK; and GF is one stop away to MK.

Monorail resorts - I haven't stayed CR CL, but have stayed Poly CL, GF RPC, & GF SL. Out of those 3, my choice would be either Poly CL or GF RPC. Both are great CLs (IMO), but the Poly has an edge over RPC in that it's a little more convenient getting to Epcot since you are a short 5-7 min walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail vs 2 stops from GF then having to transfer to the Epcot monorail.

Epcot resorts - I've only stayed BWI CL (trying YC CL in 12 days), but it was amazing! Everything about it was great from the food offerings to the atmosphere to the CL CMs......great experience all the way around.

Which do you prefer the RPC over the SLK and why?

I loved RPC, didn't care for SL. The food offerings are the same in both, but the lounges are worlds apart.

RPC - large spacious lounge with plenty of seating; lounge overlooks the lobby; orchestra playing in lobby below; beautiful views of the grounds.

SL - lounge was often crowded/chaotic and had a cafeteria-feel to me; lounge is in the center of the lobby as you enter the SL building; no windows/views from lounge.

Do you take advantage of the CL FP+ option? I know there is a whole thread on CL FP+ but I wanted to what everyone's opinion was from here.

We've never done the FP+ option as the extra cost just isn't worth to me.

We're back. Sad, but it was an amazing trip. We split between BWI CL and BWV. BW is definitely our home. They have the best CMs on property. They are all so pleasant and helpful. We really, really love CL at the BW. For us, none of the other CLs even come close to the BW.

This summer we're trying Gran Destino CL. I don't think anything will measure up to the BW, but we're excited to give it a try.

Glad you had a great time! Hope you have a great time on your upcoming trip :).

Thanks, this was extremely helpful. Sounds like being closer to the pool might be a good option. I’m trying not to obsess over the different style of CL vs the Yacht Club. The price was excellent making CL a no brainer and I’ve always wanted to give AKL a try. While I doubt I’m going to be overly fond of CL there, I’m excited to experience AKL.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy AKL CL :wizard:.

Jumping on the CL train right now - we had a Savannah View room booked for our trip in September 2020 and while casually nosing around the booking site, noticed the price difference between Savannah and CL was £406. For 14 nights.

At that price, there was no way we weren't going to give it a try... Hell, I could cover that cost in beer/wine alone..

It turned up at an opportune moment too, as going through our restaurant plans, particularly our desire to apparently only eat at Signatures (or at least it feels like that), then having breakfast / light meals available will certainly fill some gaps in what is apparently a trip that is less about the parks and more about the food! I was perilously close to pushing the button on DxDP..

Congrats on changing to CL! Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the rest of your planning :flower3:.

I agree :)

Just got our RPC TPV stay booked for later this year!!!!! :cool1:

:banana::banana:

This is why I wouldn't...

CL discounts are inconsistent and undependable. Once you book, you kind of get psychologically attached. I did this once with CR for early January. There were always discounts. My kids knew I booked it. Came closer to the date and other things went on sale, but not CR. My kids were so excited, I ended up paying full price when I could have picked another resort at a discount. As someone said, if you will keep it regardless, you might as well book, but don't depend on discounts.
Yes, this makes sense. We're not completely sold on any CL resort at this point. I would choose from 4 of them if I could get our dates and a great price.

Yes, this makes sense. We're not completely sold on any CL resort at this point. I would choose from 4 of them if I could get our dates and a great price.
If you aren't sold on a particular one, i would wait and as soon as you see discounts available look at which resorts have the highest percentage and then check those for CL rooms, and book based on that. None are bad, they all have plusses and minuses, so I think it would be perfectly fine and kind of fun to choose based on the best savings. Then, if you regret it not being a specific resort, check to see how different the prices would be.

Thanks for all this info

Bad luck with housekeeping in that they always seem to make up our rooms very late (4-5pm) This drives me absolutely crazy and requests for earlier times go nowhere. Kids just stayed in a regular room this past weekend and housekeeping came every day at 5pm. (Yes, they requested earlier.)

This can really be a pain. Returning from the parks to a serviced room is such a relief.

If you aren't sold on a particular one, i would wait and as soon as you see discounts available look at which resorts have the highest percentage and then check those for CL rooms, and book based on that. None are bad, they all have plusses and minuses, so I think it would be perfectly fine and kind of fun to choose based on the best savings. Then, if you regret it not being a specific resort, check to see how different the prices would be.
That's what I'll do. I appreciate your advice! When we started looking, we already like different things about the different CL resorts and locations. We'll let price help decide

That's what I'll do. I appreciate your advice! When we started looking, we already like different things about the different CL resorts and locations. We'll let price help decide

You’ve received a lot of great advice above. I’d just add that I’m an AP and frequently “bounce around” depending on discounts, room type availability, etc. You can never bank on it, but generally speaking I’m usually pretty pleased with AP discount availability and CL options, especially the more expensive CL room options. There have only been a few times where I’ve flat out not found anything that worked.

Now granted, these 40% AP rates you’re seeing at some resorts this year are sort of rare birds. Not sure how many of those you’ll see in the post-SWGE era. But, you’re going in May which is in that seasonal transition and often cited as a slightly less crowded time to go.

I’d generally suggest that between the general public and AP discount options that eventually come out, you’ll find something that works. Again, you can’t totally bank on that being true so don’t come hunt me down next spring when you’re struggling, but I’d be pretty hopeful.

Also FWIW, I usually wait until the general public discounts come out and then book that... then later check the AP discounts when those come out and modify if available. I will occasionally book rack, but only in unusual circumstances where dates, resort, and/or room type are super important - like Poly for New Years or a runD race, for example.

Happy planning!

You’ve received a lot of great advice above. I’d just add that I’m an AP and frequently “bounce around” depending on discounts, room type availability, etc. You can never bank on it, but generally speaking I’m usually pretty pleased with AP discount availability and CL options, especially the more expensive CL room options. There have only been a few times where I’ve flat out not found anything that worked.

Now granted, these 40% AP rates you’re seeing at some resorts this year are sort of rare birds. Not sure how many of those you’ll see in the post-SWGE era. But, you’re going in May which is in that seasonal transition and often cited as a slightly less crowded time to go.

I’d generally suggest that between the general public and AP discount options that eventually come out, you’ll find something that works. Again, you can’t totally bank on that being true so don’t come hunt me down next spring when you’re struggling, but I’d be pretty hopeful.

Also FWIW, I usually wait until the general public discounts come out and then book that... then later check the AP discounts when those come out and modify if available. I will occasionally book rack, but only in unusual circumstances where dates, resort, and/or room type are super important - like Poly for New Years or a runD race, for example.

Happy planning!
I would never hunt anyone down! I've planned enough Dis trips over the years to know that nothing is guaranteed! I'm hoping to find a discount that makes these CL DL resorts affordable for a decent length stay. I'll watch for the discounts. I have seen public ones announced first or Visa cardholders, so they may be able to apply an AP if it is greater?

I would never hunt anyone down! I've planned enough Dis trips over the years to know that nothing is guaranteed! I'm hoping to find a discount that makes these CL DL resorts affordable for a decent length stay. I'll watch for the discounts. I have seen public ones announced first or Visa cardholders, so they may be able to apply an AP if it is greater?

Same thing with a different discount as with changing from rack rate to any discount. I would book a room with a discount when any discount first comes out, and if a better one (usually AP is somewhat better than any public one, at least for certain resorts) see if you can book that. You can't really just apply the new discount to your reservation, they have to have a new room reservation available with the AP discount for you to book it. it may seem to you like you are just applying it, but that second room has to be available with the AP discount for you to be able to book it, and thus "change" your reservation to that discount. Also, availability changes all the time, so check frequently if you find a discount you like but it isn't showing availability for CL at a resort you want. it often just pops up, but then be ready to book it when you see it! I really think you'll get some discount, but this current 40% is one I haven't seen in years. Some years I booked at 10-20%, I think when I stayed CR CL it was 10% but we specifically wanted that room so we sucked it up and paid it lol! We also payed RR for CR CL over Christmas few years ago - we haven't had good luck with CR discounts I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter