Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

2 questions....
Staying CL at CR.

1. What type of alcohol can I expect for the evening dessert time?

2. How long do I have access to the CL lounge on departure day? Is it only until 11am? I'm wondering because DME will not be picking me up until about 7:30pm. So say I went to MK and then came back to CR at about 5pm... Would my magic band still allow me access to the CL floor and I'd be able to grab a bite to eat from the CL lounge before leaving for the airport?
You have access to the lounge all day on check our day. I often see MN mentioned, but since most lounges more or less close at 10 I have never heard of anyone using it after that. Either way, you should be fine until 7:30!

Thanks for your reply. What was the room number? Do you recommend that room? How good was the view of the park from the room?

I think 4840? Around there, I'd recommend that whole side. The view is fantastic, it always looks farther in pictures than it does in real life.

I'm really sorry to hear that BWI is changing to Tratorria Al Forno instead of Flying Fish. We just had a room right across from the lounge and could only smell the fish when we left our room. Maybe a slight food smell but nothing offensive.

As for making it more kid friendly, that too is disappointing. For us one of the draws of CL is the access to alcohol and nice food, and Flying Fish is more appealing to us than Tratorria. I know everyone is different but we have always seen enough variety that there should be plenty for kids. Honestly, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were there daily and you could very easily take some back to your room.

I also saw some people who let their kids just go wild in the lounge climbing upside down on chairs and taking food without using serving utensils. And the lounge was so busy in the evenings that it just wasn't even enjoyable. Making the food more kids friendly may just make access even harder.

The BWI desk is not manned till 10:00 PM
There are CM around in the lounge but they are not sitting at the desk outside the InnKeepers door that late.
They leave the desk around 8:00 or so most nights. Though it's not exact, sometimes it's before, sometimes it's after.
If they aren't still sitting there the CM in the lounge will be happy to check anything you need about the bands. They'll take them to the main desk or they have a secondary standing desk outside the door of the lounge too
Thank you!

Can anyone tell me what the evening offerings are at GF SL recently? I've been checking, but I haven't seen a recent answer. We are staying there in July for our first ever CL stay and are pretty excited. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm really sorry to hear that BWI is changing to Tratorria Al Forno instead of Flying Fish. We just had a room right across from the lounge and could only smell the fish when we left our room. Maybe a slight food smell but nothing offensive.

As for making it more kid friendly, that too is disappointing. For us one of the draws of CL is the access to alcohol and nice food, and Flying Fish is more appealing to us than Tratorria. I know everyone is different but we have always seen enough variety that there should be plenty for kids. Honestly, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were there daily and you could very easily take some back to your room.

I also saw some people who let their kids just go wild in the lounge climbing upside down on chairs and taking food without using serving utensils. And the lounge was so busy in the evenings that it just wasn't even enjoyable. Making the food more kids friendly may just make access even harder.

When did you find this out? We were there last week and loved all the food that was prepared by Redgie.

EDIT:
I went back several pages and caught up. We are glad we got to experience the entrees prepared from Redgie. I am on the agreement of others who have posted here concerning choices not geared for many. Club level was not designed to be a sit down restaurant with "make everyone happy food choices". That will be be found in restaurants at the resorts and parks.

Food allergies are the exception to my next statement ( I also have a food allergy). Do we ask for alternative foods to be brought/or prepared if we encounter something we do not want to eat? For us absolutely not. There have been times when we have encountered the offerings to not be for us, guess what we do...we go find food to eat somewhere else. I would never dream of going to someones home for a meal and it not be something I liked and then request them to make me something else.

Last edited:
I’m curious - has anyone ever requested to pay for CL access at check in at AKL? I’ve only heard of this being an option at WL, but I assume AKL has less inventory with its current room renos, so it got me thinking maybe there’s a chance their lounge isn’t at full capacity. I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask when we check in.

I’m curious - has anyone ever requested to pay for CL access at check in at AKL? I’ve only heard of this being an option at WL, but I assume AKL has less inventory with its current room renos, so it got me thinking maybe there’s a chance their lounge isn’t at full capacity. I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask when we check in.
It's only available at WL. No other resort provides this feature.

We are considering a CL stay for a short visit at the end of July. We have it narrowed down to WL and GF SL. I was wondering if anyone had the schedule of the evening offerings for these two resorts. That would really help with the decision.

Also for WL, I have seen that you can have a regular room and upgrade to the CL. How does that work?

Thanks for the help!

We checked in early this morning and went to Disney Springs as our room was not yet ready. We’ve been up since 2, so everyone was pooped when we got into the room a bit after 3. I’m headed to the lounge soon to get a little something to eat while the teens sleep, but wanted to report on our room. We have a standard view but I requested the boardwalk side if at all possible. We struck gold. This is beautiful! Room 4213.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I sneaked out to the lounge as everyone is totally out. This is a salad caprese, roasted potatoes with chicken and mushrooms and some sort of shrimp dish. I don’t tend to each much for dinner at home because I’m always running somewhere. I could easily make a meal out of this.

We are considering a CL stay for a short visit at the end of July. We have it narrowed down to WL and GF SL. I was wondering if anyone had the schedule of the evening offerings for these two resorts. That would really help with the decision.

Also for WL, I have seen that you can have a regular room and upgrade to the CL. How does that work?

Thanks for the help!
You just tell the CM at the desk when you arrive you want to add on the CL access. Your band will access the CL floor and gate but your room will remain on a different floor

Thanks for the help!

A “schedule” of evening offerings is pretty tough to find at any resort CL as they don’t really publish it and things change/morph over time. There are trends though.

These pics were as of April, so somewhat recent: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...and-questions.3414590/page-1117#post-60481502

Scroll down and you’ll find the few nights we had the evening offerings.

(I know you didn’t ask for opinions, but I vote WL CL)

Hope that helps.

Is it true that you can only get bottles of water upon request and they are not stocked in the lounge fridge like the juice/soda is?
Staying at CR.

Last edited:
Is it true that you can only get bottles of water upon request and they are not stocked in the lounge fridge like the juice/soda is?

Depends on the resort. Some CLs don’t have bottled water at all. Some are by request only. Some are out on the counter (GF, for example). The only place I’ve personally seen them in the fridge is WL CL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter