Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think this CL food talk is hilarious because when our family uses CL it's because the kids are so picky and we have a hard time finding food that they will eat at ADRs we want to eat at. In the CLs (Ply, BC and soon to be GL) they always find something that they'll eat even if it's just cheese and crackers and sweets.

This is really ridiculous and actually pretty frustrating. I can't imagine asking for something special for my kids like this. The CMs bust their behinds putting on a great spread...they don't need the extra nuisance of preparing something else my kid may prefer to eat. In fact, CL is where my kids have learned to be a bit adventurous. Every visit they try new things. I remember what a big deal it was when they tried (and liked!) sushi and tuna tartare at the Poly. We stayed at BWI this past Christmas. I really enjoyed the more sophisticated feel of the lounge and the food. I just hope they don't go the route of making a majority of the choices kid-friendly (i.e.: boring, bland, and lacking complex flavor).

Sometimes I just wish Disney would say no to guests.

A side note...when we were at BWI CL in December we saw a kid (maybe 8 or 9 years old) tip the entire contents of the marshmallow bowl right into this mouth. And then, when he discovered that he didn't like having a bulging mouth full of marshmallows, he proceeded to spit them all back into the bowl. A CM and my family saw the whole thing happen. The CM quietly removed the bowl and replaced it with a new one. This is one instance where I wish the CMs wouldn't coddle the guests...that kid (and his parents) needed a talking to :rotfl:

The sense of entitlement of some guests is ridiculous. I was at the BWI CL in March and saw a woman in her 40s sitting at a table with her friends. She had one friend go up to a CM and asked him to get her a super cold diet coke. The CM got her a glass of ice from the counter and a diet coke from the small fridge. It amazes me that people expect to be waited on in the lounge.

BF30B580-80AE-4ED9-A7F1-E4A0523D0F82.jpeg

83246279-F981-4662-902B-5D8A8955CE16.jpeg

93B3F3EE-6B86-48B0-8507-0487E14BBE6A.jpeg

C55D6ADF-7481-4B62-BF42-05DE1B4747F7.jpeg
48DBBA43-948A-4B4A-9455-1B61345DA59A.jpeg

80508402-E3E6-47E7-9A23-1CA4C9F73FCA.jpeg

969399DA-7685-470F-9283-D7C6C61AC3F7.jpeg

It’s so nice here. I love it more than ever. The CMs in the lounge are incredible. Young, friendly, very helpful, and energetic. Nicole, Jason, and Nina are the CMs who we have witnessed giving excellent care with guests. I’m happy to see this.
Will try to get better photos of lounge and offerings.
I love it here🤗

Resort seems empty* see photos of lobby

It’s so nice here. I love it more than ever. The CMs in the lounge are incredible. Young, friendly, very helpful, and energetic. Nicole, Jason, and Nina are the CMs who we have witnessed giving excellent care with guests. I’m happy to see this.
I love it here🤗

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing! AKL CL is on my list to try. Glad you're having a great time :).

Hi there! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here, and it took awhile for me to catch back up on reading, but I wanted to jump back in since we have some upcoming CL trips. First of all, I wanted to update that we tried Poly CL in November and loved it so.very.much. We had some amazing CMs while there and enjoyed everything about it—even the second floor room that we tried so hard to avoid.;) Seriously, I’d read here about requesting first or third floor and was slightly disappointed when I was told we were on Floor 2, but I didn’t ask to change & rolled with it. It ended up that we were 2 doors down from the lounge and honestly couldn’t have been more perfect. My DS13 was in heaven being that close to the lounge—popping in whenever he wanted. It was actually one of our favorite parts & a fun memory from our trip. We only stayed one night to try it out, but we would love to return for a longer trip.

Actually, that’s kind of been my strategy for venturing into the world of CL. We try one night added onto a regular trip, see what we think, & go from there. We previously did that with AKL CL, too, which has led us to our upcoming trip at the end of this month. We booked AKL CL for our whole trip this time, and I am so excited to have an entirely CL trip. I even ended up adding a YCCL night to the beginning of this next trip with the same premise of “trying it out” that we’ve done before. Also very excited about that bc we’ve never stayed there at all before—only visited. Because of our AP discount this summer, we’re also introducing my parents to CL on this trip at AKL and I cannot wait. They are going to love it!

In mid-July, DH & I will be trying out the new CSR Tower CL, so we’re also looking forward to that and curious about all information that comes out. We have that booked for a family trip in late October as well, but I am honestly going to base whether we keep that reservation on how much we like it in July. If we did switch, I would probably be looking at another CL though. My family has tasted of CL life and has found we really enjoy the ease of it!

Thanks to all of you here for keeping this thread updated with such great reviews. You make me wish I could try all of the lounges!

View attachment 406968

View attachment 406973

View attachment 406975

View attachment 406977
View attachment 406978

View attachment 406981

View attachment 406982

I love it here🤗

These pictures make me so excited for our trip this month! We love AKL so much & can’t wait to return. Thanks for posting them! Also, I wasn’t going to request a refurbished room due to being afraid of the noise(and, we actually really love the old-style rooms), but your positive review makes me wonder if I should...hmmm...:)

These pictures make me so excited for our trip this month! We love AKL so much & can’t wait to return. Thanks for posting them! Also, I wasn’t going to request a refurbished room due to being afraid of the noise(and, we actually really love the old-style rooms), but your positive review makes me wonder if I should...hmmm...:)
Hi. I love AKL too. I thought I wanted an old-style room too! I was torn... but this room is great b/c everything is brand new - sinks, shower, furniture (no tub), etc.
there IS noise at times. It doesn’t bother me for some reason. I guess because we haven’t been in room for much of it, plus I just accept it for what it is.
But if you’re on zebra I guess you wouldn’t hear anything. However, your savanna view might include a peek of one of the orange lifts the workmen are using.
I would trust that they’re putting people in good places, but be prepared to ask for a different room if you’re not happy.

I think this CL food talk is hilarious because when our family uses CL it's because the kids are so picky and we have a hard time finding food that they will eat at ADRs we want to eat at. In the CLs (Ply, BC and soon to be GL) they always find something that they'll eat even if it's just cheese and crackers and sweets.

Yes, us too! Two of our kids are such picky eaters and eating out is usually miserable. They’ve never not found something at any CL lounge. It might be goldfish crackers and grapes, but hey we are on vacation and if they’re happy and not hungry, that’s all I care about.

Anybody stay at Wilderness Lodge CL in last months ? On our last visit , hot breakfast was only oatmeal or berry cobbler. Do they ever have Mickey waffles or some kind of eggs ? Thanks

Anybody stay at Wilderness Lodge CL in last months ? On our last visit , hot breakfast was only oatmeal or berry cobbler. Do they ever have Mickey waffles or some kind of eggs ? Thanks

No Mickey Waffles as of first week of April 2019, but hard boiled eggs (and other somewhat typical CL breakfast options). See pics below.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• IMG_8643.jpeg
    IMG_8643.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8642.jpeg
    IMG_8642.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8637.jpeg
    IMG_8637.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8638.jpeg
    IMG_8638.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8874.jpeg
    IMG_8874.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8639.jpeg
    IMG_8639.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8875.jpeg
    IMG_8875.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8419.jpeg
    IMG_8419.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 44
Thanks so much for the photos. We have extended family staying CL with us this December that I can show. Those choc chip muffins were yummy and steel cut oats good too - with berries on top. I’ll just bring a gift card with me to grab Mickey waffles from roaring fork one morning .

Thanks so much for the photos. We have extended family staying CL with us this December that I can show. Those choc chip muffins were yummy and steel cut oats good too - with berries on top. I’ll just bring a gift card with me to grab Mickey waffles from roaring fork one morning .

Sounds like a good plan! FYI, here was my full trip report from upthread in case helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60481502

Have a great trip.

View attachment 406968

View attachment 406973

View attachment 406975

View attachment 406977
View attachment 406978

View attachment 406981

View attachment 406982

I love it here🤗

Gorgeous photos! Nice to see they haven’t changed the desserts since January (well, actually, since 2016, if I’m being honest, lol).

I actually don’t recognize the names you listed. What about the “old guard”- Don, Gerry, Christina, Jordy, Megan, Caitlyn, Christie, etc.? Did they change up a lot of the staff recently?

Live from the YC CL lounge: they have chicken nuggets!!!

(And pulled pork, tomato bisque, onion & bacon jam crostini with roast beef and horseradish sauce plus the usual veggies, Carmel apples, cheese & crackers etc)

Also, they are featuring red sangria nightly through the summer.

Don is here😀 I don’t know the others.
He knows there would be a riot if he left!!! He assured us last trip he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon, but phew! Thanks :) ! I guess we will wait and see who is there from our “family” not too long from now.

He knows there would be a riot if he left!!! He assured us last trip he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon, but phew! Thanks :) ! I guess we will wait and see who is there from our “family” not too long from now.

When I was there mid-May, I saw Jack, but missed Don (by a day, I believe). I was happy to hear Wayne still picks up occasional shifts, but missed him by a day or 2 also. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter