• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So first time going to GF CL in Dec...I hear it is very crowded.....so are people coming up to eat there that shouldn't? I thought you had to have a special key to access CL floor...But some person on another site said there is no way to keep people away that are not on CL...if i am explaining that correctly...So all you folks that usually stay CL can you address this situation?\
The cl lounge isn't necessarily crowded its the lobby and elevators.

People can come visit the gingerbread house and decor. They just don't follow the sign that says golden elevator for CL guests only. People can use it to get to/from floors 1 and 2 but shouldn't .

There is a 2nd elevator to get to RPC over by gaspies. That one is always quiet.

If I recall correctly, this is the second time in the last month or so where a CL guest experienced a CL CM openly complaining about people -- guests or co-workers -- in the lounge. That strikes me as unusual, and a sign of something larger going on in the background. I wonder what factors are making these CMs so unhappy?

In any event, OP, sorry that this marred your trip.

I remember that post now that you are saying this...although this wasn't at the lounge but the Concierge desk...I can't remember where the other poster experienced it...to the bolded, that's why I mentioned the staffing thing? Maybe they have too much on their plate and things fall through the cracks...

I am so sorry about your issues, that's so frustrating. I have had really good luck emailing the resort GM (they have been leaving their contact information in the rooms lately). I have emailed about excellent as well as poor experiences and have always received a response, and have been satisfied with the followup that I have had. I have not stayed at the Poly yet (September) but have reached out to other GMs and had good experiences.

FWIW, I recently sat down to e-mail the Poly GM after our July trip (was intending to send compliments, nothing bad). Poly does things differently than the other resorts - rather than give out the GM’s e-mail address on that welcome letter, there is a QR code to scan which takes you to a page for feedback.

BUT - get this - it only works during your stay. So when I pulled out the piece of paper later at home to send my note... it wouldn’t work.

So at Poly... they care about your feedback... so long as you’re still a guest, but not a second after. (I am meaning that statement more as a joke and not quite as cynical as it sounds... but it is interesting to me that Poly is the only resort (to my knowledge) that does their GM contact this way.)

I ultimately ended up writing guest services, but it did feel less personal than other resorts where I have written the GM directly.

Thanks - we received a letter from the GM in our room but noticed there was not email...I didn't realize about the scanning part! Too late now....I would have reached out to the GM if I had seen an email, however the worst of it happened right at the end. I will follow up either way, even if it just satisfies my own need to communicate it!

At all resorts getting maintenance is a nightmare. I think they are shared among all the resorts or something.

Scary how poor communication can ruin a trip!

I have a trip coming up. Hope it goes well lol.

It's just time consuming! And time is precious on vacation!

Just don't lose your earbud in the daybed and hopefully it will be smooth sailing! :boat:

We just returned from the RPC (we are regulars), and noticed that with each stay, more and more folks remained at their tables (especially at breakfast) after they finished their meals to examine their smart phones. No quick views of their phones but lengthy stays...even after the hard-working CMs cleaned up after them. Numerous other guests walked about with their dishes of food and searched for an available table; however, the smart phone folks couldn't care less.

All the best! :thumbsup2

We just returned from the RPC (we are regulars), and noticed that with each stay, more and more folks remained at their tables (especially at breakfast) after they finished their meals to examine their smart phones. No quick views of their phones but lengthy stays...even after the hard-working CMs cleaned up after them. Numerous other guests walked about with their dishes of food and searched for an available table; however, the smart phone folks couldn't care less.

Sort of their loss...what with freaking DISNEY WORLD right out the window.

Sort of their loss...what with freaking DISNEY WORLD right out the window.
Some of us have to work, even on vacation :( (yes, even a smartphone can be used for work, I can run my desktop from work right on my phone, thank you Google Desktop sharing)
We do this in the lounge very often, as there's more room to work for both DH and I on the tables there than there is in the room.

I certainly hope we're not policing tables now...

Some of us have to work, even on vacation :( (yes, even a smartphone can be used for work, I can run my desktop from work right on my phone, thank you Google Desktop sharing)
We do this in the lounge very often, as there's more room to work for both DH and I on the tables there than there is in the room.

I appreciate that, but I don't think that was what the OP had in mind. I envisioned whole families with their heads in their phones, oblivious to what's around them.

I appreciate that, but I don't think that was what the OP had in mind. I envisioned whole families with their heads in their phones, oblivious to what's around them.
Probably not but in our case, to a casual observer, we'd look no different than "a whole family with their head in their phone" as that's what we'd be, reading emails, responding, etc. Though most of the time I do my work I use my iPad. Still, someone looking could easily think, "we have our heads in our devices"
So, my only point is, one never knows know what they are doing.
I will add, we don't do this if others are around needing tables. I do pay attention to the situation for this reason. We normally eat at the end of service and stick around after it's over. We aren't early risers.

There's also a chance they are rearranging FP, ADR, etc. We do all our ADR that morning, while at the resort, while at breakfast. I don't book them in advance. We often move FP around a lot too. This shouldn't take too long though

The two groups of folks that we saw, sat near us. They had finished their food before we sat down. When we were done, they were all still there on their phones as other guests with food plates continued to search for a table nearby.

At least we didn't see any barefoot guests wearing bathrobes.

We'll see what happens when we return next month to the RPC.

Another factor to consider, if it's after 11:00. Guests who have checked out. They don't have rooms to go back to and they have access to the lounge all day. So they may well sit there till time to head to the airport.
Anyway, lots of reasons to be there and on a phone and not always just being rude and or inconsiderate.
Though there's no doubt that society has an increase of people who are self-centered and give no thought about anyone but themselves. They are everywhere, that's for sure.

Some people actually like hanging out in the resort/CL lounge. Plus, I have to work from WDW more than I would like to, and sometimes a phone is the perfect device: great for sending mail, chatting with my team, and I also have access to remote desktop software where I can do absolutely everything I can do with my Mac.

Your point about tables not available is certainly valid, though I believe it would be most useful if addressed to management, not guests.

We just returned from our stay at the Poly. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I remember why I love that resort so much! I had planned on posting my thoughts on CL since we had never tried it (beautiful view/tiny plates!), but we had a truly negative experience with a CL concierge CM at the end of our trip that has really colored our experience and I find myself just needing to vent about it...

Anyway, we had a lovely trip and I love the Poly, we just lost a great deal of our down time dealing with stuff, and the location of the Poly to make down time easier was a big factor in choosing the resort in the first place. Oh, forgot to mention...in the middle of all of this, Maintenance came (without checking in with Concierge as planned but my son happened to be in the room), and was able to retrieve the ear bud in under five minutes.

Thanks for sharing about your stay. I'm sorry about all the problems with maintenance, CL CMs, etc., but glad you had a nice time overall :).

Some people actually like hanging out in the resort/CL lounge. Plus, I have to work from WDW more than I would like to, and sometimes a phone is the perfect device: great for sending mail, chatting with my team, and I also have access to remote desktop software where I can do absolutely everything I can do with my Mac.

Your point about tables not available is certainly valid, though I believe it would be most useful if addressed to management, not guests.

The times in between the main food times (breakfast and twilight refreshers) are best for "hanging out" on the fourth floor. Also, there are seating areas on the third and fifth floors that can accommodate the non-dining, smart phone crowd during the main dining times. The first floor is always an option, too.

And yes, the CMs and management are aware, but Disney's "guest friendly" policy sometimes has priority over inappropriate deportment.

[Fortunately, V&A's is the ultimate oasis of tranquility.]

All the best. :thumbsup2

OH MY! Grabbing it the night before is a SMART choice. Thank you for the idea!
I sometimes grab a wine at night so if I want one lunch time the next day, I don’t have to bother anybody. So much easier!

Cr is so fun, I love to stand by the rail and look down to lobby below. The views are amazing too!

Some of the best cms are at Cr as well. I’d go there more often but it’s usually the most expensive :(

You are welcome.

I usually sneak up to 5th floor for that.

I have been lucky that lots of tables have been free when I’m there. I guess it’s all timing.....

Hope you had a good stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter