• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Some of the best cms are at Cr as well. I’d go there more often but it’s usually the most expensive :(

Indeed! The CMs at the RPC are first-rate and hard working. The breakfast "A-Team" of Gayle, Patty, and Lauretta are exceptional. And the afternoon team of Abdul and Marie are superb! These five are the backbone of the entire RPC CM crew. Can't say enough good things about this excellent quintet!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Indeed! The CMs at the RPC are first-rate and hard working. The breakfast "A-Team" of Gayle, Patty, and Lauretta are exceptional. And the afternoon team of Abdul and Marie are superb! These five are the backbone of the entire RPC CM crew. Can't say enough good things about this excellent quintet!

I’ve been there enough I know all those. You left off Francisco!

Abdul though is my absolute fav!

The times in between the main food times (breakfast and twilight refreshers) are best for "hanging out" on the fourth floor. Also, there are seating areas on the third and fifth floors that can accommodate the non-dining, smart phone crowd during the main dining times. The first floor is always an option, too.

And yes, the CMs and management are aware, but Disney's "guest friendly" policy sometimes has priority over inappropriate deportment.

[Fortunately, V&A's is the ultimate oasis of tranquility.]

All the best. :thumbsup2

Well they are called lounges for a reason. It’s almost like they are intended for guests to linger and relax. Nowhere in any of the welcome documents that outline the hours of the lounge and the refreshments offered throughout the day does it state or imply that tables are just for dining. It’s a first come, first served approach.

Y’all can judge all you want, but I’m not getting up until I’m done DISboard’ing. :earboy2:

View attachment 425158

I was totally guilty of this at the WL CL while waiting for my husband to work out, there was plenty of space for others though, I was often the only person there. The CMs were getting a chuckle out of me reviewing the lounge throughout the day.

Well they are called lounges for a reason. It’s almost like they are intended for guests to linger and relax. Nowhere in any of the welcome documents that outline the hours of the lounge and the refreshments offered throughout the day does it state or imply that tables are just for dining. It’s a first come, first served approach.

If guests require explicit wording about what is or is not proper deportment via a welcome document, then all is lost. The welcome documents also don't mention anything sitting on tables, grabbing food servings with bare hands, and getting drunk...behaviors we saw this week.

With me it’s the mbs won’t work usually 🙄

I’m learning if I don’t NEED it , skip it. Time is precious,

Believe me, after a certain point, I told them not to worry about it but the wheels were spinning...really, my biggest regret is not asking for a pogmosa during my stay...(no welcome drink either, as I was reading about a few pages back - not at the CR either, but definitely YC!)

Fair warning: I'mma get drunk next week at SL. I guarantee it. If you don't like it look away and mind your own vacation. Momma's been cooped up for almost 5 weeks, non weight bearing and unable to drive.

Seriously, I find that I enjoy my vacations much more when I worry less about what *other* people are doing and instead focus on what's going on with my own trip. Will people behave less than spectacularly while I'm there? Um, duh? Making a big deal of it will for sure cause stress, so why stress?

...I wonder what factors are making these CMs so unhappy?
Unhappy is one thing but feeling entitled to mock people is a whole other ball game imo. And yeah, this is the 2nd report of CMs mocking someone (might have been another CM in the GF issue). What concerns me is this involved a manager (who should be reporting CMs to HR for this sort of behavior, not joining in) so normal complaints that are passed along to hotel management might be discarded for obvious reasons and that this is the 2nd CL we’ve had a report from signaling the acceptance of this behavior could be coming from a much higher level within Disney management.

Believe me, after a certain point, I told them not to worry about it but the wheels were spinning...really, my biggest regret is not asking for a pogmosa during my stay...(no welcome drink either, as I was reading about a few pages back - not at the CR either, but definitely YC!)
Welcome drinks are hit and miss. I always ask lol.

I don’t have time to drink at home so vacation and no driving I have a few.

I was totally guilty of this at the WL CL while waiting for my husband to work out, there was plenty of space for others though, I was often the only person there. The CMs were getting a chuckle out of me reviewing the lounge throughout the day.
Wl has so much space you should enjoy it, I Have!

Unhappy is one thing but feeling entitled to mock people is a whole other ball game imo. And yeah, this is the 2nd report of CMs mocking someone (might have been another CM in the GF issue). What concerns me is this involved a manager (who should be reporting CMs to HR for this sort of behavior, not joining in) so normal complaints that are passed along to hotel management might be discarded for obvious reasons and that this is the 2nd CL we’ve had a report from signaling the acceptance of this behavior could be coming from a much higher level within Disney management.

Agree! This type of conversation should not take place in front of guests, but I just want to clarify that the manager wasn't saying much, he was just listening really. I was just shocked to learn later when I circled back that it was the CM's manager that was involved in the conversation. My thought is that if the CM was really having a tough day and needed to vent, the manager should have ensured it was not within earshot of guests, and (2) when I interrupted and make it clear that I was the guest in question, he disappeared and let the CM "take the fall" so to speak, and did not attempt to address my issue himself, which a this point, given the situation, he definitely should have!

Yep, he texted me last night that it was his first day back and he was so happy. He misses Flying Fish but missed CL more.
Except, he's leaving this weekend for a 10 day trip back home for a funeral. So we'll miss him on both of our upcoming trips :(
We'll get to see him in Oct instead.
AngiTN: would love to get your ideas for something to bring to Redgie for our trip next month. He was exceptionally kind to my grandson Max when we were there in February; it is my granddaughter and I that are going in September. He was also wonderful to me... I am a pescaterian who eats low carb and he graciously made my dishes sans rice etc. Any thoughts ? We have written numerous notes about him and indeed ALL of the CL staff but would like to bring something special just for him.

Y'all, I am so, so happy right now. I was checking the AP rates for my trip in October (as I do every few days) and my holy grail of WDW resort rooms -- TPV CL at the Contemporary -- popped up as available! It took me approximately one hot second to switch my reservation over from the GF SL building.

I adore the CR, and we haven't been able to snag a discounted room there in years and years. I know it's still ridiculously expensive, but I'm delighted nonetheless. Now I just have to make sure I keep my expectations reasonable and don't let myself get too caught up in comparing it to our first CR CL trip in 2011 (which stands in my mind as one of my best vacations ever).

Fair warning: I'mma get drunk next week at SL. I guarantee it. If you don't like it look away and mind your own vacation. Momma's been cooped up for almost 5 weeks, non weight bearing and unable to drive.

Seriously, I find that I enjoy my vacations much more when I worry less about what *other* people are doing and instead focus on what's going on with my own trip. Will people behave less than spectacularly while I'm there? Um, duh? Making a big deal of it will for sure cause stress, so why stress?
I’ll be there next week too! First time CL so we are so excited and I’ll be drinking right along with you!!!

AngiTN: would love to get your ideas for something to bring to Redgie for our trip next month. He was exceptionally kind to my grandson Max when we were there in February; it is my granddaughter and I that are going in September. He was also wonderful to me... I am a pescaterian who eats low carb and he graciously made my dishes sans rice etc. Any thoughts ? We have written numerous notes about him and indeed ALL of the CL staff but would like to bring something special just for him.
I will mull this over and get back to you shortly.

Agree! This type of conversation should not take place in front of guests, but I just want to clarify that the manager wasn't saying much, he was just listening really. I was just shocked to learn later when I circled back that it was the CM's manager that was involved in the conversation. My thought is that if the CM was really having a tough day and needed to vent, the manager should have ensured it was not within earshot of guests, and (2) when I interrupted and make it clear that I was the guest in question, he disappeared and let the CM "take the fall" so to speak, and did not attempt to address my issue himself, which a this point, given the situation, he definitely should have!

That is unacceptable anywhere. I hope you do write a hand written letter. Or typed. And send it snail mail. Someone stated earlier, “they need to know”. And they do. That is not acceptable manager behavior ANYWHERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter