Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We booked a tpv club room at the Poly for April. Does anyone know which rooms are best to get - 1st floor or 3rd floor? I’m guessing that the 1st floor is more convenient when coming and going and easier access to the lounge. Guessing the 3rd floor has better views. Not sure which to request. Since the 2nd floor doesn’t have a patio or balcony option, I was hoping not to get that. Any thoughts to share?

I changed my summer reservation from BWI to WL. I wanted GF SL but my kids win. I still may change again at some point 🙄 I'm very indecisive. I loved WL before all the construction, hope it is still peaceful. What floor is club level on? i do want to hit the new outdoor bar/lounge though and artist point.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at WL CL. I agree with Cogsworth TN that you can't make a bad choice as all CLs are unique/special in their own way. It's been a long time since our first/only WL CL stay, so I can't wait to hear about your experiences. Have fun with the rest of your planning :).

We booked a tpv club room at the Poly for April. Does anyone know which rooms are best to get - 1st floor or 3rd floor? I’m guessing that the 1st floor is more convenient when coming and going and easier access to the lounge. Guessing the 3rd floor has better views. Not sure which to request. Since the 2nd floor doesn’t have a patio or balcony option, I was hoping not to get that. Any thoughts to share?
The lounge at the Poly is on the second floor. The first floor would be most convenient, although personally I prefer not being on the first floor. We stayed on the second floor, I wasn’t sure I’d like not having a balcony, but I loved the view from our room (the Oasis pool) and found it really convenient to accessing the lounge.

Most (or possibly all) of the first floor water facing rooms are Lagoon View (LV), not Theme Park View (TPV), just FYI. The large majority of the TPV rooms are on the second and third floor. With the exception of being able to catch a glimpse of the castle between bungalows from some first floor rooms, none of them offer a true “theme park view”comparable to what you get from the second and third floor rooms. #ThanksBungalows

If we want a first floor room (which we sometimes do since the kids enjoy running out to the beach), we book LV and request the first floor.

If we book TPV, then we always request the third floor for the balcony and make that our only request. We have mostly had good luck with this request, but once or twice have been given a second floor room (and it really wasn’t all that bad, but I do prefer a balcony). If you were to ask me my favorite room/view location in all of WDW, it would be a Poly TPV third floor room.

In my opinion the Hawaii longhouse is small enough and so easy to navigate that I don’t really think what floor you’re on matters all that much from a “easier coming and going to the lounge” perspective. Subtle differences, but nothing earth shattering.

Hope that helps!

I'm back from a great visit to WDW this week...2 nights at the GF (lagoon view) and 2 nights GDT club level. While I love the GF, I'll happily report that this trip, I actually didn't mind checking out because I was headed to the much loved (here on the Dis) GDT lounge! And it did not disappoint. (I'm already plotting a return, like a true "Dis-er") The service was as good as, or maybe even better, than the other club levels I've experienced. The coffee machine, for those of you who keep up, was not a Nespresso, but a commercial grade Egro (I think I have that correct). It never failed me, and was very easy to use.
The lounge is absolutely beautiful, and the views stunning. The food was good, tho I will have to say I prefer Poly club food. The shrimp paella boasted HUGE shrimp, and my other night offered a spicy chicken or a mushroom pasta. Since I was only there two nights, I don't know if the offerings on a third night would be different. Breakfasts were ample, a lot more offered than what a continental breakfast would (which is how this is classified). Oh, yes, and Minnie (not Mickey) waffles! (the only resort to offer them, according to a CM) Since labeling of food has been the topic of discussion here, I will report that most items in the evening were labeled, as well as at breakfast. Not so for the time period between 12 and 4. And the wines are still self-pour.
The CMs never failed to give a greeting when I entered and I had pleasant conversations with several who truly seemed to enjoy their jobs.

I'm back from a great visit to WDW this week...2 nights at the GF (lagoon view) and 2 nights GDT club level. While I love the GF, I'll happily report that this trip, I actually didn't mind checking out because I was headed to the much loved (here on the Dis) GDT lounge! And it did not disappoint. (I'm already plotting a return, like a true "Dis-er") The service was as good as, or maybe even better, than the other club levels I've experienced. The coffee machine, for those of you who keep up, was not a Nespresso, but a commercial grade Egro (I think I have that correct). It never failed me, and was very easy to use.
The lounge is absolutely beautiful, and the views stunning. The food was good, tho I will have to say I prefer Poly club food. The shrimp paella boasted HUGE shrimp, and my other night offered a spicy chicken or a mushroom pasta. Since I was only there two nights, I don't know if the offerings on a third night would be different. Breakfasts were ample, a lot more offered than what a continental breakfast would (which is how this is classified). Oh, yes, and Minnie (not Mickey) waffles! (the only resort to offer them, according to a CM) Since labeling of food has been the topic of discussion here, I will report that most items in the evening were labeled, as well as at breakfast. Not so for the time period between 12 and 4. And the wines are still self-pour.
The CMs never failed to give a greeting when I entered and I had pleasant conversations with several who truly seemed to enjoy their jobs.

Thanks for your review of GDT. Glad you had a great time! Have fun planning your next trip :goodvibes.

I just came home from work and I had a nice surprise in my mailbox :o
View attachment 465824View attachment 465825
We must have booked at the same time!! Just got my mail! :goodvibes Hope you have a great time.

View attachment 465828
Got mine today also!! Staying YC CL for the first time 8/23-8/30💃
We got our invitation on Friday. We also got a phone call from Disney Signature Services. I never have much to request except maybe room location. :)

Thank you for this! We are headed down at the beginning of March for a few days at GDT CL before going to AKL for the rest of our vacation. This will be our first CL experience, and I’m getting more excited with each review I read!

I have to say we went from GDT to GF SL and it is most definitely a step backwards. It is not as nice, food not as good and staff most definitely not as good
My friend with me commented before I asked
I’ve checked SL off my list but can’t see me going back. Not to RPC either
GDT is really battling BWI as best for me. I’m torn. Seriously torn
We head home on Tuesday

We are at GDT again right now, enjoying the same. Those shrimp were huge tonight. One of the staff in the lounge tonight was not only from our home town, but her parents live in the same subdivision and she graduated from LSU where our youngest daughter did. Other coincidences too. Another of our favorite people from our last stay, Katerina, was working too. Fun night!

Last edited:
I have to say we went from GDT to GF SL and it is most definitely a step backwards. It is not as nice, food not as good and staff most definitely not as good
My friend with me commented before I asked
I’ve checked SL off my list but can’t see me going back. Not to RPC either
GDT is really battling BWI as best for me. I’m torn. Seriously torn
We head home on Tuesday
I'm so sorry that SL wasn't up to par! That stinks, particularly for the price you pay to stay there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter