Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Accurate as of November 2019, with more unnecessary commentary:

Funky Budgah Flordian Hefeweizen (sorry, tried to drink it, can’t)
Bud Light (same comment as PP)
Michelob Ultra (no comment, made me feel better drinking it the night before a runD event though)
Daura Lager (Spanish beer with low or no gluten - on theme and delicious, would go back here just for this)
I’m not sure the next one - a strawbery cider of some sort, I think? Anyone know?
Blank - not sure if something was out when I snapped this pic? I’m wondering if it was Stella?
I-4 IPA (again, why?)

Sarcastic comments aside, major props to GDT CL for the wide variety of beers, and for the fact this is stocked like this most of the day. Their wines and sparkling selection really shine too, as well as other options.

View attachment 469509
Awesome, thanks so much, looking forward to our stay from 2/7-2/12 at GDT, hearing great things about this resort.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were making a distinction between Club Access vs. Club Level. They defined it as Club Level, your room would be on the same floor as the lounge. Club Access meant your room could be anywhere, but you would have access to the lounge.

So my question is - can I book any room and then ask to upgrade to Club Access? This confused me. Thanks!
Club level access can only be added to a standard room at WL (if there is availability on your check in day.) Everywhere else, you must book a club level room to get club level access. There are some resorts that you can be on a floor other than the floor the lounge is on, but you still must book a club level room to get that club level access, if that makes sense. Hope that helps a little.
To further discuss this, the distinction is blurred more "than" CL Access is different floor, always and just CL is always same floor. So the podcast was not correct. Or at least, left some stuff out.
For example, BWI has Deluxe rooms that are not on the 4th floor. Some are, some aren't. But they don't put Access on the room description. I think some other resorts have a mixture of floors for Deluxe rooms, but I'm not sure about that. And for GDT, some rooms ARE on the same floor as the lounge. Just not all.
But for the answer to the question, @mrsap is spot on in that WL is the only resort where you can add it on to any room booked at check in. They created this option when half the resort was converted to CC and removed from WL inventory. To make up for this loss they now allow guests to add on access to any room. Since no other resort has gone through a loss like that, no other resort allows it. Hopefully, WL will continue to allow this after their refurb. I would assume so, since their inventory problem won't be altered, they'll still be without half the original CL rooms. And with it being an unadvertised feature for the most part, so few know you can do this that I've never encountered it being sold out, or heard anyone else encounter that.

Last edited:
To further discuss this, the distinction is blurred more CL Access is different floor, always and just CL is always same floor. So the podcast was not correct. Or at least, left some stuff out. I think some other resorts have a mixture of floors for Deluxe rooms, but I'm not sure about that. And for GDT, some rooms ARE on the same floor as the lounge. Just not all.
For example, BWI has Deluxe rooms that are not on the 4th floor. Some are, some aren't. But they don't put Access on the room description.
But for the answer to the question, @mrsap is spot on in that WL is the only resort where you can add it on to any room booked at check in. They created this option when half the resort was converted to CC and removed from WL inventory. To make up for this loss they now allow guests to add on access to any room. Since no other resort has gone through a loss like that, no other resort allows it. Hopefully, WL will continue to allow this after their refurb. I would assume so, since their inventory problem won't be altered, they'll still be without half the original CL rooms. And with it being an unadvertised feature for the most part, so few know you can do this that I've never encountered it being sold out, or heard anyone else encounter that.
Interesting. Thank you. So I'm a bit confused with this scenario - I'm most likely staying in a rented DVC studio in early 2021. I believe Boulder Ridge. Could we add on club access in this scenario, if available at check in?

CL Access is different floor, always
I don’t think it’s always a different floor, but the chance of it is always there. GDT has “access” rooms on the 15th floor. CL access isn’t necessarily a drawback, though. When we stayed at GDT, we were all the way at the end of the hall...a room on a different floor near the elevator would have been closer!

Quick question (I searched the thread but GF brings up Grand Floridian answers of course!) GF gluten free options in general? Specific at AK? My husband will be happy with fruit & oatmeal for breakfast but would certainly prefer a GF pastry as well. Hot items at night look promising.
You could contact Disney Signature services and let them know that you would like to have some gluten free options. Then when you check into the CL lounge on arrival day you would once again give them your requests. They will be able to provide some gluten free foods for you. :)

Accurate as of early Jan, along with unnecessary commentary:

Blue Moon (good with an orange)
Bud Light (always someone who wants it)
Longboard (something actually on theme, and a personal favorite)
Angry Orchard (cider is all the rage these days)
I-4 IPA (why?)
Stella (why?)

Hope that helps.

Thanks, lol! Stella is the one and only beer I've ever tried that I liked...I don't know what that says about me! :crazy:

Wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a room to select that is garden view club level at Polynesian. We want 3rd floor, but curious if anyone has a specific room(s) they'd recommend for the view, distance from the lounge, noise level, etc. Thanks.

Interesting. Thank you. So I'm a bit confused with this scenario - I'm most likely staying in a rented DVC studio in early 2021. I believe Boulder Ridge. Could we add on club access in this scenario, if available at check in?
No, that's not WL. BR is a different resort.
WL is the only one where it can be added. CC is a different resort too. Even though it's even in the same building

I don’t think it’s always a different floor, but the chance of it is always there. GDT has “access” rooms on the 15th floor. CL access isn’t necessarily a drawback, though. When we stayed at GDT, we were all the way at the end of the hall...a room on a different floor near the elevator would have been closer!
That was the entire point of my post.
The podcast said it was CL Access = always different floors. I pointed out that it's not the case at all.
Probably confused you because I left a word out. I fixed it now. It wasn't clear I was referencing the podcast (haven't y'all learned to read my mind yet, ROTLOL)

Wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a room to select that is garden view club level at Polynesian. We want 3rd floor, but curious if anyone has a specific room(s) they'd recommend for the view, distance from the lounge, noise level, etc. Thanks.

Personally, I’d request third floor, middle of the building. Rooms too close to the lounge side look more towards Somoa and some trees (like my room below, which was third floor, second from the elevator). Far end is more steps to the lounge (but Hawaii isn’t all that big to begin with, so not that big a deal). Middle is just about right - nice open view of the Oasis Pool, quick to the lounge, etc. Frankly I’d be fine with any third floor GV room, except maybe the first 3’ish from the elevator/lounge side of the building. Not that anything with the view below is bad, just the ones that don’t have trees right in front of them have a more open/expansive view. Note, I think some of the palm trees seems below have been trimmed/cut recently.

If you want to quietest - request the side of the building opposite the lounge. Less foot traffic as you get towards the end of the building as 95% of the people enter on the lounge end.

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were making a distinction between Club Access vs. Club Level. They defined it as Club Level, your room would be on the same floor as the lounge. Club Access meant your room could be anywhere, but you would have access to the lounge.

So my question is - can I book any room and then ask to upgrade to Club Access? This confused me. Thanks!
I know some of the suites have Club Level Access as well. For example at the GF there are a few suites that are located in the outer buildings but have access to the RPC CL which is the Club Level in the main building of the GF. Over at the Poly most of the CL is located in the Hawaii building but the Tonga house building, that I think is all suites, has a small breakfast offering in that building but if you stay there you also have access to the lounge in the Hawaii building. As others have mentioned the BWI CL has most of CL rooms on the fourth floor near the lounge but does have a few of the deluxe rooms on the third floor and I think 15 of the Garden rooms are actually on the ground floor at the back of the resort surrounding the quiet pool. All of these rooms are CL rooms as well.

I know some of the suites have Club Level Access as well. For example at the GF there are a few suites that are located in the outer buildings but have access to the RPC CL which is the Club Level in the main building of the GF. Over at the Poly most of the CL is located in the Hawaii building but the Tonga house building, that I think is all suites, has a small breakfast offering in that building but if you stay there you also have access to the lounge in the Hawaii building. As others have mentioned the BWI CL has most of CL rooms on the fourth floor near the lounge but does have a few of the deluxe rooms on the third floor and I think 15 of the Garden rooms are actually on the ground floor at the back of the resort surrounding the quiet pool. All of these rooms are CL rooms as well.
These are identified as CL Access, just for the record. The Deluxe are not, which is why I pointed out that it's not as cut and dry as the podcast made it sound.

These are identified as CL Access, just for the record. The Deluxe are not, which is why I pointed out that it's not as cut and dry as the podcast made it sound.
Yes I totally agree with you that the podcast was a bit deceiving. When we booked a suite in the Tonga house at the Poly it took me coming onto the boards to get a clear picture of what Disney meant by CL access in that situation. There are a lot of little exceptions to the CL rooms at different resorts. When we inquired about the CL add on at the WL the CM we spoke to had to ask another CM about it because she had never been asked about it before and covered up nicely that she had no idea what we were talking about.

If you have a Touring Plans subscription, you can look at room views to get an idea. For our Garden View request we picked 3rd floor (for the balcony) and kinda towards the middle to look out on the Oasis pool. TP will also email your request 30 days before check in (it used to be a fax service, but it changed not too long ago).

What podcast are you all discussing? Did I miss the initial time it was mentioned?
Specific podcast was not mentioned (post a few pages back)

Just booked 6 nights at BWI standard room club level in June. Are there any non-deluxe rooms with water views that I could request? We are celebrating our anniversary and I think that would be a nice surprise for DH.

Just booked 6 nights at BWI standard room club level in June. Are there any non-deluxe rooms with water views that I could request? We are celebrating our anniversary and I think that would be a nice surprise for DH.
Sure.
Water View is not a bookable category at BWI, it's by request only. There's not many, under 20 best I can recall. I'd just put water view as my only request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter