Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@barbliny - Yes, no CL CMs at the Poly desks until 7AM. I suspect they'll just check you in at the main lobby desk (shouldn't be very busy), but once you do you can walk right on over to Hawaii yourself and chow down. Breakfast officially starts at 7AM but they have coffee out before that.

I was curious so I just looked at the Times Guide. This week for the Thursday Epcot AM EMHs, the Epcot line looks like it starts at 7:30AM. Obviously that can change, but just FWIW.

Are you going to make the grumpy 20-somethings run to FEA first thing? :rotfl:

FWIW the Hyatt is more expensive (for us anyway as a family of 5 with an 18 yo) than a room at a moderate for a night would be. We have a similar dilemma regarding getting in late at night.
I probably wouldn't do it if it's more expensive either, but every time we have stayed there it has been a holiday weekend I think so Disney pricing is peak (or at least higher than normal) ...so the Hyatt price was about the same as a moderate. I hope they haven't raised prices because it's been a year and a half since we've done it that way...when we have to fly in at midnight!! We're also only a family of four (unless we bring a friend). And this is our first trip with oldest DD being 18!!

@barbliny - Yes, no CL CMs at the Poly desks until 7AM. I suspect they'll just check you in at the main lobby desk (shouldn't be very busy), but once you do you can walk right on over to Hawaii yourself and chow down. Breakfast officially starts at 7AM but they have coffee out before that.

I was curious so I just looked at the Times Guide. This week for the Thursday Epcot AM EMHs, the Epcot line looks like it starts at 7:30AM. Obviously that can change, but just FWIW.

Are you going to make the grumpy 20-somethings run to FEA first thing? :rotfl:

We usually get to rope-drop at least 30 minutes early - I know it's close with my plan. How long can I expect it to take to get to Epcot from Poly? We will be without bags - so, no bag check (twice!). And I have the hang around :smooth: the tapstile being used for early ppo ADRs down pretty good!!

If you wouldn't mind - could you give a link to the Times Guide?

The bleary-eyed 20-somethings will be Disney-runwalking with a good attitude to Test Track or they will not have their margaritas at La Cava or liters of Oktoberfest paid for at Biergarten. :rotfl2::drinking1

The bleary-eyed 20-somethings will be Disney-runwalking with a good attitude to Test Track or they will not have their margaritas at La Cava or liters of Oktoberfest paid for at Biergarten. :rotfl2::drinking1

You're going to make them move hotels at 6AM, go to 8AM Epcot EMH, then have to wait around until 11AM for World Showcase to open to get their La Cava on? That's cold. o_O Although I guess if you're buying...

Here's the link I have bookmarked for the Times Guide, they 'usually' update it weekly: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

I must admit I don't have any experiance taking the monorail that early for EMHs - I usually avoid EMHs actually. From Poly to Epcot - maybe 20-25ish minutes if you don't have to wait too long on the monorail? You have to walk to the TTC, then get the monorail, then that trip. I've never actually timed it - I'm just always happy to be on my way to Epcot so it doesn't ever feel that long. ???

I wonder if maybe a cab or uber would be easier at that hour just to avoid the stress factor or the what ifs. What if the monorail isn't running, what if it's delayed, etc. :confused3

I probably wouldn't do it if it's more expensive either, but every time we have stayed there it has been a holiday weekend I think so Disney pricing is peak (or at least higher than normal) ...so the Hyatt price was about the same as a moderate. I hope they haven't raised prices because it's been a year and a half since we've done it that way...when we have to fly in at midnight!! We're also only a family of four (unless we bring a friend). And this is our first trip with oldest DD being 18!!

Granted not a fair date to compare, but when we stayed at the MCO Hyatt on Thanksgiving last year it was WAY WAY cheaper than any Disney room! I didn't exactly love the hotel but I did save a lot of $ on that particular day. Again, not really a fair fight comparing Thanksviging Day Disney rates though. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Always better to start a Disney trip asap!! Our trip in January we did the same thing - checked into ASMu for one night (which I have to say pleasantly surprised me) before moving to AKL for the rest of the trip. We saw no reason to spend the extra $250 for those few hours.

I can report back on how the transfer to Poly works exactly in a couple of weeks! We start the week out at AoA before moving to Poly CL TPV later in the week. The day we move to Poly is EMH morning at Epcot. So, we will be up at the crack of dawn that morning, throwing everything in the rental car and pulling into the Poly parking sometime before 7:00 am. I don't think there are CMs at the CL desk until 7:00 am?? I plan on dropping the luggage off at Bell Services and seeing what way of check-in is available - hoping we will be whisked over to CL check-in. I'm looking to pump the husband and grumpy, weary 20-somethings with some club level carbs and caffeine for the walk over to TTC.

We've done split stays on many trips and have never used bell services to transfer luggage because I have heard that it can take hours for the transfer to be completed. I'd rather have control over it. I plan on keeping a bag with everyone's bathing suits in the rental car in case the room isn't ready for us when we get back to the Poly around 2:00.

The reason we can move the luggage ourselves is that we always rent a car. Like others have said - I'm very antsy and don't want to wait for DME and all of the resort stops that may come before mine! And the part I dislike even more is not being able to pick the time I leave the resort for the airport - and if I miss the bus... So, I can't comment on DME late at night.

Thank you - looking forward to your feedback! Enjoy your trip!

Granted not a fair date to compare, but when we stayed at the MCO Hyatt on Thanksgiving last year it was WAY WAY cheaper than any Disney room! I didn't exactly love the hotel but I did save a lot of $ on that particular day. Again, not really a fair fight comparing Thanksviging Day Disney rates though. :goodvibes:goodvibes
Its definitely not as nice as a Disney deluxe hotel, but it's pretty nice and it's so much more convenient than dealing with a rental car at midnight! I'm glad we don't always have to fly in that late! Sometimes you have to work around kid school schedules :guilty:. I'm glad we're flying in early Saturday so we can go straight to Disney!:yay:

GADisneyDad14 your reports rock!!! I saw the dress below on the old navy website. To me it looks just like the palm print in your picture of the coffee counter. No wonder I was inexplicably drawn to it. Poly resort wear!

Wow! Good eye! If they sell that in an adult size I might have to get my wife a present. HAHA.

When I called DSS several weeks ago about purchasing our MVMCP tix they said they can't do that. Lesson learned if I don't like their answer call back and talk to someone else.

Well, I just got a nice surprise phone call just now! DSS just call about my December trip to the Boardwalk. My ADR window opens on June 9th and they wanted to make sure I knew they were available to book what I wanted. I gave them my cc number and am going to email them my list of where we want to eat. The only place I really want is Be Our Guest for my birthday dinner.

I usually make my own reservations, but will give them a shot. They will also get our Christmas party tickets.

:wave: Hi, Maxie86!!

Hi Dispro :wave2:

We almost always fly in the night before so we don't miss a minute of CL:). However, like Gadisneydad, we are too impatient to wait for the DME...especially late at night when we're already tired! If you're already going to have to get your own luggage anyway, why not just stay at the Hyatt at the airport and get a cab/Uber the next morning? We have done this a few times and it worked out pretty well. There are varying opinions about the Hyatt at MCO, but we liked it and I'm pretty sure a few other Disers I know like it too. Just a thought. You might just want to get there...and I understand that too! Have a great trip!!

We stay at the Hyatt MCO if we get in anytime after 9 PM. I have found it to be the same price or cheaper than a mod. Last time we were upgraded to a deluxe room...very nice.:goodvibes Can't beat grabbing your luggage and taking the elevator up to your hotel late at night. If we get in late afternoon or early evening we will stay at a mod or DS hotel...or this year the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

Following up on my prior update that United changed our flight time by hours on arrival day, we decided to change flights and fly in the night prior and stay in ASMo (flight doesn't arrive until 10:33 pm and by the time we get to the resort it'll likely be close to midnight - plus after getting up early for work and school that morning we're just looking for a crash pad for the night, wake up and head right to the Poly) . :)...
So glad you got your flight changed! (Nothing worse than an airline eating into Disney Vacation time!)

So glad you got your flight changed! (Nothing worse than an airline eating into Disney Vacation time!)

Thank you and I totally agree. DH is usually the one that wants "one more day" and I'm the nah sayer. I think I floored him when I suggested we fly in night prior so we dont lose half a day. :D Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that United doesn't cancel that flight too because as of now its practically an empty plane.

Hi, all! Checked in this Am at YC CL and we were upgraded to water view! We are overlooking storm along bay and can see boardwalk and the Eiffel Tower in the background. My question is, will I be able to see illuminations from here or is that wishful thinking? Thanks!
Awesome!! You might be able to see the fireworks depending on how far to the left of the Eiffel Tower you can see?? I hope you can see them...how cool! We'll be at BWI tomorrow...maybe we'll get upgraded to a suite! Now that's wishful thinking!!

Hi, all! Checked in this Am at YC CL and we were upgraded to water view! We are overlooking storm along bay and can see boardwalk and the Eiffel Tower in the background. My question is, will I be able to see illuminations from here or is that wishful thinking? Thanks!

We were just in room 5225 earlier this month. Great view of the fireworks from the balcony. In fact, I could even see them from the bed neareat to the balcony! Congrats on the upgrade, hope you have a wonderful trip!

I wish I were enjoying a nice cold beverage from the lounge relaxing by the pool right now, but I thought my DD13 had her last final today! Turns out today was makeup day for those who missed a final so DD13 finished yesterday!! But I won't get to Disney until tomorrow:worried:! Enjoy all you lucky people who are already there!!

Either of you @beesly or @GADisneyDad14 have experience how much a cab or uber will be for this trip? :) Never took MDE this late either from the airport - wondering how busy the bus may be or how long we'll be at the airport waiting for the bus to depart at that hour. Im exhausted thinking about this day but waking up and already being there will be worth it. :)

Hi!

We arrive late almost every trip (between 8:00 pm and 1:00 am - usually around 10;30pm) and we take DME in to WDW every time. We have been lucky and were seated on the bus right away and left within 10 minutes (we were at the resort less than an hour after landing!), but more often we have to wait for the bus to come and then wait for enough people to board before they will leave for WDW. We waited over an hour on the bus (after waiting about 30 minutes to get on) on one occasion when going to the CR. The driver knew how long we had been waiting, so he rearranged the drop off schedule so that we were first off instead of last as we should have been. Even so, it was about 2 hours after we arrived at DME before we arrived at the CR. Of course, that was the worst time.

Most times we have about 15 minutes wait to get on the bus and then about 30 minutes to departure and about 30 minutes to get to the resort. I would expect about 90 minutes after you land to when you should be at the hotel.

It seems to me that we arrive more quickly when going to value resorts or the larger moderates, perhaps because more people are heading to them and the big wait late at night seems to be to get enough people aboard before departing. They don't go until they have a good few people on board - or at least that is the way it seems to me.

Now that I look at it, that isn't much help! LOL! I guess that the bottom line is that it is unpredictable really. There really aren't very many people about that late at night, which is the main problem.

If you want to be sure to get to the resort quickly, you need to take a town car like Tiffany or a taxi, IMO.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter