Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

There were at least 3 of us that have stayed at SL in the last month or so. I know this thread gets going with so many posts that things get buried quickly. Besides myself, I know that @GADisneyDad14 and @trishadono both stayed there too and we all posted pics and reviews. Let me search through this thread and see if I can find at least the page numbers where you can find the info - or if you don't see me post back about this, then you can make a search in this thread for our user names.
:)

Edit: Ok I found my own review/pics. Page 462 of this thread starting at post #9229 - this link should take you to the right page:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-462#post-57534395
Thanks! I started to look then my iPad battery died lol.

I too am staying at SL arriving 8/6. My flight gets in at 9:55am. We are using ME to get to GF. I'm not counting on our room being ready so early. What time do you think we would be getting to GF... the 6th is a Sunday?

We aren't "really" doing a park that day but... I was thinking about getting 2 FP+ for MK and hitting 1 ride near the end of its window and then another and then going back to GF to hopefully get our room if its ready yet and then some pool/resort time. I really only want to be in MK for like 60-90 minutes. Any suggestions on what time I should make the FP+ for. I will need to stop by GS ti activate my AP.

90 minute rule is usually close. From flight land to getting on ME and the ride itself is 90 mins. Do you plan on bringing your bags or sending them with the ME stickers to be picked up?( if you are getting your own bags/and or slow walkers add 20 mins)

A get off at poly and catch the mono right in.

B next stop in GF and you can leave a carryon /or suitcases with bell services then catch mono to mk.

I would book 3 rides. One for 11-12, one 12-1 and 1-2. That way IF flight late etc you should catch 2 of them.

Also I would do most fav the center time. Either it will be 1 or 2nd one.

Last you can change times or selections on the APP if delayed or change mind at any time. I have had to do that before and it is handy to do.

NOTE: book all 3 even if you don't plan on using. You can easily cancel one but can't add one.

Can someone please answer an ongoing dispute between DH and me. Dole Whip = is it pineapple flavored ice cream AND pineapple juice in a cup? And does the Dole Whip have an "orange" instead of pineapple option?

Can someone please answer an ongoing dispute between DH and me. Dole Whip = is it pineapple flavored ice cream AND pineapple juice in a cup? And does the Dole Whip have an "orange" instead of pineapple option?

Pineapple flavoured ice cream AND pineapple juice in a cup = a Dole Whip Float
Dole Whip = strictly pineapple (but vanilla & (I think) orange soft serve ice cream are also available)

Dole Whip = strictly pineapple (but vanilla & (I think) orange soft serve ice cream are also available)

Well then, the man that doesn't like pineapple or Dole Whips is correct. LOL.

Yes, except the pineapple (or orange) part isn't ice cream. It's a non-dairy frozen dessert. Probably a matter of semantics to most, but may be important to some.

Yes, except the pineapple (or orange) part isn't ice cream. It's a non-dairy frozen dessert. Probably a matter of semantics to most, but may be important to some.

On a 100 degree day I'll likely eat and drink anything cold and frozen. LOL

Some interesting updates from someone staying at Poly CL right now over on the Poly thread. Evidently some work going on to the first floor rooms. Sounds/looks like they are modifying the TV cabinet, putting in larger TVs, and maybe something with the fridge cabinet. The poster is in a third floor room with a pic of this new TV setup.

The pic he/she posted looks like there are maybe some new power outlets under the TV, which would be nice. The larger TV seems consistent with other resorts as well.

Cool stuff.

Last edited:
Some interesting updates from someone staying at Poly CL right now over on the Poly thread. Evidently some work going on to the first floor rooms. Sounds/looks like they are modifying the TV cabinet, putting in larger TVs, and maybe something with the fridge cabinet. The poster is in a third floor room with a pic of this new TV setup.

The pic he/she posted looks like there are maybe some new power outlets under the TV, which would be nice. The larger TV seems consistent with other resorts as well.

Cool stuff.

Hope they're quick about it!! Otherwise, I have a feeling I'm going to arrive and be "upgraded" to the 2nd floor!

Some more pics by @ohiotinkfan over on the Poly thread for those that don't keep up over there.

So.... very interesting....

- Larger TV and modified cabinet with more plugs & USB ports
- Ceiling fans replaced by a new overhead light fixture
- Modified fridge cabinet basically removing the door

Seem like decent updates as far as I'm concerned. As long as I don't hear the fridge buzzing I'm good! I've always enjoyed that it's behind a cabinet! But I've read occasionally around here about fridges not working so well with minimal air circulation, so perhaps that's the rationale. ??

I guess the ceiling fan vs. light will be controversial? Personally we don't use the ceiling fan as you've always been able to control the Poly HVAC very well. You can get those rooms ice cold if needed. What do y'all think?

Not that we watch anything other than that default Disney park scroll channel, but I love the bigger TV. :-)

I wonder if anything else is being replaced/refreshed.

I guess the ceiling fan vs. light will be controversial? Personally we don't use the ceiling fan as you've always been able to control the Poly HVAC very well. You can get those rooms ice cold if needed. What do y'all think?.

I thought I read somewhere that the thermostats don't go below 69 degrees - in September heat and humidity I'll be comfortable around 62 ::yes:::tiptoe:

I thought I read somewhere that the thermostats don't go below 69 degrees - in September heat and humidity I'll be comfortable around 62 ::yes:::tiptoe:

I maybe wrong but I'm almost certain it will go well below that at Poly. I've had it so cold in the summer that I'll click it up a couple of degrees and the heat will kick on!

I know the DVC side (with newly renovated rooms) has the more restrictive themorstats, but the resort side doesn't have those. One of the things I appreciate about Poly rooms is that you have GREAT control over the temperature. I'm pretty certain they don't have motion sensors or other restrictive bells/whistles like many modern hotels.

I know the day will come that they'll add them, but it's one of the "old hotel" elements I currently enjoy about those Hawaii rooms. :-)

I maybe wrong but I'm almost certain it will go well below that at Poly. I've had it so cold in the summer that I'll click it up a couple of degrees and the heat will kick on!

I know the DVC side (with newly renovated rooms) has the more restrictive themorstats, but the resort side doesn't have those. One of the things I appreciate about Poly rooms is that you have GREAT control over the temperature. I'm pretty certain they don't have motion sensors or other restrictive bells/whistles like many modern hotels.

I know the day will come that they'll add them, but it's one of the "old hotel" elements I currently enjoy about those Hawaii rooms. :-)

Ah I'm feeling better already :)

Yes, she's 10 - took her "foreverrrr" (her words) to get out of the booster because of her smaller size -- but lucky for her she aged out of the booster sooner than she weighted/heighted out. Pretty sure if by weight/height, she would still be in one and hate me forever and ever. LOL. Ahh the drama of a tween. Enjoy the younger years while you can :)

Our 10 year old just got out of a booster a couple of months ago too, LOL. She is TINY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter