Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are here at Poly. Tonight was chicken skewers with pineapple chutney, Hawaiian meatballs, cucumber roll with soy sauce, a variety of cheeses and crackers, veggies and ranch, pesto and hummus, uncrustables and pineapples with caramel sauce.

Our check-in went smoothly. We check-in at the main desk and then the CM walked us over to Hawaii. The club level CMs at the desks then made sure our magic bands worked, etc. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly. The room was ready at 3. We hung out in the lounge until our room was ready.

Afternoon snacks were chicken lettuce wraps, veggies with ranch, cashews and dried fruit and hummus. So far so good. It's hot and crowded but we are having a great time.

Sounds great!!!

Here now but checking out today. Last week 2nd floor got upgrade. They notified us in advance and we agreed to stay our first night in Samoa 1st floor lava pool view with club privileges and then move to Hawaii the next day due to renovations. The staff was more than accomdating. Upgrades noted were outlets, DVD player, overhead light. Sign is up for first floor now.

I guess the ceiling fan vs. light will be controversial? Personally we don't use the ceiling fan as you've always been able to control the Poly HVAC very well. You can get those rooms ice cold if needed. What do y'all think?
No opinion personally but it's been rather controversial on the Yacht & Beach Club thread. BC got fans in its remodel but YC didn't, it's getting a light fixture thing instead. The thermostats in both resorts (at least some of the thermostats) have been reported to be motion sensor so some people really liked the fan to counter the ridiculosity (because that's totally a real word) of the thermostats.

Some interesting updates from someone staying at Poly CL right now over on the Poly thread. Evidently some work going on to the first floor rooms. Sounds/looks like they are modifying the TV cabinet, putting in larger TVs, and maybe something with the fridge cabinet. The poster is in a third floor room with a pic of this new TV setup.

The pic he/she posted looks like there are maybe some new power outlets under the TV, which would be nice. The larger TV seems consistent with other resorts as well.

Cool stuff.

Thanks for the information :).

Personally we don't use the ceiling fan as you've always been able to control the Poly HVAC very well. You can get those rooms ice cold if needed. What do y'all think?

We're the same way ;).

Here now but checking out today. Last week 2nd floor got upgrade. They notified us in advance and we agreed to stay our first night in Samoa 1st floor lava pool view with club privileges and then move to Hawaii the next day due to renovations. The staff was more than accomdating. Upgrades noted were outlets, DVD player, overhead light. Sign is up for first floor now.

Thanks for the update. Hope you had a great trip :wizard:.

Looking for a current club menu for the Poly. Will be making a trip in July.

They don't publish a 'menu' and offerings can change or evolve over time, so a bit tough to completely answer your question. But FWIW, Poly really mixed up their offerings - particularly evening apps - in Jan of this year. I've been twice since then and posted a bunch of pics from each trip, see the links below. You'll have to scroll through my multiple posts to get to all the food (some may not be back to back but they are close).

The pics should give you a general sense of what the current offerings are like, within a margin of error (again, as things can change over time).

Poly CL - Feb 2017

Poly CL - May 2017

ETA: The May 2017 link above is to my room photos, here's where I cover food:
Poly CL - May 2017 Food

Hope that helps!

So excited, just booked our first CL stay! We'll be at AKL July 18-22.

We just have the standard savannah view room. Looking for information on room requests. Our kids would love the bunk beds.

I went on Tourinplans site, but when I narrowed it down by Club level-queen with bunk beds, it only showed one room. Is that correct? Didn't know if there was a better resource I should use or if anyone had personal experience.

We just have the standard savannah view room. Looking for information on room requests. Our kids would love the bunk beds.

I went on Tourinplans site, but when I narrowed it down by Club level-queen with bunk beds, it only showed one room. Is that correct? Didn't know if there was a better resource I should use or if anyone had personal experience.

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I do know there is a lot of wrong information on the TP website regarding room types. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good resource for you. I just wanted to advise to take the TP info with a grain of salt.

Some more pics by @ohiotinkfan over on the Poly thread for those that don't keep up over there.

So.... very interesting....

- Larger TV and modified cabinet with more plugs & USB ports
- Ceiling fans replaced by a new overhead light fixture
- Modified fridge cabinet basically removing the door

Seem like decent updates as far as I'm concerned. As long as I don't hear the fridge buzzing I'm good! I've always enjoyed that it's behind a cabinet! But I've read occasionally around here about fridges not working so well with minimal air circulation, so perhaps that's the rationale. ??

I guess the ceiling fan vs. light will be controversial? Personally we don't use the ceiling fan as you've always been able to control the Poly HVAC very well. You can get those rooms ice cold if needed. What do y'all think?

Not that we watch anything other than that default Disney park scroll channel, but I love the bigger TV. :-)

I wonder if anything else is being replaced/refreshed.

I never use the ceiling fan...I hate air blowing on me especially while I try to sleep. I didn't take a pic of the light in the YC but I don't remember it not fitting in with the rest of the room. Our GF room still had the ceiling fan, but others that were there with us had an UGLY light!! :scared: Hope they are just temporary.

I thought I read somewhere that the thermostats don't go below 69 degrees - in September heat and humidity I'll be comfortable around 62 ::yes:::tiptoe:

:scared1::eek: :crazy2: I would absolutely freeze!!! I guess I'm in the minority but I keep the thermostat at 70 or even 72. Housekeeping keeps turning it down and I turn it up when I get back to the room. :laughing: I get so cold at night that I sometimes put on a hoodie and cover up with the bathrobe. The new rooms at the YC must be one of those that you can't turn the thermostat down too low...ours stayed on 70...just right for me.:)

:scared1::eek: :crazy2: I would absolutely freeze!!! I guess I'm in the minority but I keep the thermostat at 70 or even 72. Housekeeping keeps turning it down and I turn it up when I get back to the room. :laughing: I get so cold at night that I sometimes put on a hoodie and cover up with the bathrobe. The new rooms at the YC must be one of those that you can't turn the thermostat down too low...ours stayed on 70...just right for me.:)

Same. I actually keep our house at 75 in the summer. I'd like a couple of degrees cooler, but you know, money and all that. Still, I keep hotel rooms at 70. I can't imagine being comfortable at a lower temperature. I keep our house heat at 68 in the winter and still wear a sweatshirt around the house.

I never use the ceiling fan...I hate air blowing on me especially while I try to sleep. I didn't take a pic of the light in the YC but I don't remember it not fitting in with the rest of the room. Our GF room still had the ceiling fan, but others that were there with us had an UGLY light!! :scared: Hope they are just temporary.

Same. I actually keep our house at 75 in the summer. I'd like a couple of degrees cooler, but you know, money and all that. Still, I keep hotel rooms at 70. I can't imagine being comfortable at a lower temperature. I keep our house heat at 68 in the winter and still wear a sweatshirt around the house.

I admit 62 degrees is probably an exaggeration but I do like it cold in the summer and toasty warm in the winter. Sadly there's no in between lol

We checked into AKL today. We were greeted by a CM when we walked up to the front door. We were taken up to the 6th floor to check in. I had to request a room change. The first room assignment was bunk beds and no where close to where we like. After about 5-10 minutes on the phone, the CM had us a great room. The afternoon offerings were the same as our last visit in November. We were a little late for tea but there were not any scones or cream out. I hope they are out tomorrow as they are my favorite. The hot evening offering were ridiculous. The chef was plating them one at a time. The line was backed up. There were times when the chef was not at the station so no one could get hot apps during that time. Just coming from the Poly this was a change. Although the Poly didn't have the vegetarian options that they have at AKL, the CMs at the Poly wanted you to take food and lots of it. They were plating large portions of food for people to take to the pool. I got two hot apps tonight and felt like I was asking for a dinner portion. This serving method has to change. I would encourage people to comment about it to Disney. On a different note, there were ham and cheese roll ups, apples with peanut butter and gold fish out at dinner tonight for kids. I'm glad to see a kid friendly option back. We love AKL and feel at home here. However, I hope we weren't too spoiled by the Poly.

I can't answer about Touring Plans, but wanted to say congrats on booking your first CL stay. We haven't tried CL at AKL, but I am always reading great things about it. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We checked into AKL today. We were greeted by a CM when we walked up to the front door. We were taken up to the 6th floor to check in. I had to request a room change. The first room assignment was bunk beds and no where close to where we like. After about 5-10 minutes on the phone, the CM had us a great room. The afternoon offerings were the same as our last visit in November. We were a little late for tea but there were not any scones or cream out. I hope they are out tomorrow as they are my favorite. The hot evening offering were ridiculous. The chef was plating them one at a time. The line was backed up. There were times when the chef was not at the station so no one could get hot apps during that time. Just coming from the Poly this was a change. Although the Poly didn't have the vegetarian options that they have at AKL, the CMs at the Poly wanted you to take food and lots of it. They were plating large portions of food for people to take to the pool. I got two hot apps tonight and felt like I was asking for a dinner portion. This serving method has to change. I would encourage people to comment about it to Disney. On a different note, there were ham and cheese roll ups, apples with peanut butter and gold fish out at dinner tonight for kids. I'm glad to see a kid friendly option back. We love AKL and feel at home here. However, I hope we weren't too spoiled by the Poly.

Thanks for checking in. Hope you have a great time :).

Looks like @eeyore81 just had a personal experience with a CL bunk bed room. Eeyore, do you recall the room number for the BB room? This might not tell us if there's more than one CL BB room if it's the same one that TP identifies, but if it's different, we could guess that there might be two, at least.

Hi, all! We are staying at GF main building club level in October. It's our first stay at this resort and the first at club level. We chose a room with a "theme park view," but now I'm concerned that we won't have a great view. I've seen reviews that some views are obstructed by a tree and that some views aren't very direct. At $1400 a night I want to make sure we are getting what we are paying for. Any advice here is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi, all! We are staying at GL main building club level in October. It's our first stay at this resort and the first at club level. We chose a room with a "theme park view," but now I'm concerned that we won't have a great view. I've seen reviews that some views are obstructed by a tree and that some views aren't very direct. At $1400 a night I want to make sure we are getting what we are paying for. Any advice here is much appreciated!

What resort? And when we toured a Polynesian CL room we thought it was theme park view, but it turned out it was Lagoon View because there was a palm tree very slightly obstructing the view. So Disney seems to take their views pretty seriously, so I wouldn't worry about not getting a view with any obstruction. :)

What resort? And when we toured a Polynesian CL room we thought it was theme park view, but it turned out it was Lagoon View because there was a palm tree very slightly obstructing the view. So Disney seems to take their views pretty seriously, so I wouldn't worry about not getting a view with any obstruction. :)

We are at the Grand Floridian. We've stayed at most every resort except those on the monorail loop over the years. This will be our first time at this resort and it was a major splurge to celebrate our anniversary. I'm not having buyer's remorse, but I am always on the cautious side when spending such a huge amount of money for a resort room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter