Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So did anyone see the new rumor on the board the CL guests will be offered 3 more FP per day for $50, each person! That's insane if you ask me. Would anyone use this?
Yes, just read about it. I wonder if the tier system would still be in place? If not I could see people using this to get more tier 1s or both FofP and Na’vi

I do think monetization of FPs in some form/fashion will be a growing trend at some point, but that price seems crazy, even for Disney/CL standards.

I may feel this way since we go somewhat often so I don’t feel the need to totally max out every trip, but there is no way I would pay that price.

I don’t think I’d really pay anything for FPs, we’re pretty content with what we have now, to be honest.

But very, very interesting!

So did anyone see the new rumor on the board the CL guests will be offered 3 more FP per day for $50, each person! That's insane if you ask me. Would anyone use this?

It would depend on their implementation. If one could book 3 additional FPs at 60+ days out, then probably yes I will do it for $50/person/day. If you can "double dip" the headliners (FOP, 7DMT), then no question I would do it.

I should note that I've gotten pretty good at stalking MDE and we routinely use 6+ FPs in a morning (and often 12+ a day, if we do the parks in both the morning and evening). But the 4-6 FPs are not the headliners, of course... so being able to double dip on those would make this worth it for me. But if it would be 6 different rides a day, I would probably pass (because you can get plenty same day, even over Xmas/NYE week for the non-headliners).

My biggest (only?) concern is whether (and how) this will impact CL availability. It's already not that great, especially when booking with AP or even public discounts.

Last edited:
Up-charging for the "upgraded" FP system at Disneyland has been a monster success. (For those unfamiliar, $10/person/day to access FPs via smartphones, otherwise you're on the old paper FP system. Everything is done day of for both.) Unfortunately from a biz perspective, WDW doesn't have an up-charge for their FP system. So many people willing to give so much more money.... $50/person/day for 3 additional FPs is the trial solution. I'm intrigued, guess it depends on the implementation. I would think they would make them anytime FPs with slight restrictions (FOP, 7DMT, prob new Toy Story mini-roller coaster not eligible) so they could upsell people checking-in. But then, I still think they're idiots for not up-charging for the privilege to pre-book FPs. 3 additional FPs a day to be used under normal booking rules sounds super lame, hybridized anytime FPs sound like they stand a much better chance of actually selling.

3 day minimum...$50 per person per day?
If I could do it for just one day, I might be tempted, otherwise, that’s too rich for my blood. Wow.

OH! Should have read this first :) Any park, no strings. Genius. Freaking genius imho. People will pay and CL guests will make a good test market. Especially all the people who arrive with NO clue about FPs. I saw multiple adults having the system explained to them by the concierge on my BC CL trip last fall. By then, everything good is gone and the club level can save the day with the exclusive $50/person deal. They could make gobs of money if they do this right. What about those of us in CA and HI who have to get up at some obscene hour to book FPs? It's amazing what you consider paying when the alarm goes off at 3:30am and you're used to getting up at 6:30am but now you have to get your A game out to beat thousands of your closest Disney enemies for those FPs for FOP, 7DMT, etc... yep, I see the sales pitch and I could run this sales pitch! Pitch guests when: they book their trip, after they missed their top FPs because booking them is hard, right as they are checking in and they just learned about the FP system (that they missed out on), and even mid-trip when they come to the CL desk to purchase it because omg lines are long at WDW, you know?

ETA: that Kenny guy is supposed to know his stuff but the idea that "most days the average guest can find FP+ for any attraction with little effort" is beyond ridiculous...

For an extra 3 anytime, anywhere, no strings FP+s per day we'd likely do this for some of our park days. (We're staying club level for 10 nights in March and hope it's in place then..... would likely do it for 4 of our 10 nights...) We're also doing 4 nights at HRH at Universal and love the unlimited express pass that comes with staying there.

But then again we'd also pay if they offered the MK After Hours nights during our visit (which they end the week before we're there...) I guess we're the pay-to-play guests they're looking for with these types of offers.

Do the CL CMs still try to get guests extra FPs if you text them? I remember doing it on one CL trip, but then once you could do it on the mobile app I never asked about it again. I'm wondering if they'd still offer it if they put this new system in place, but like I said, not sure how it works currently.

The more I think about it, sort of a strange “drop” of this story for Disney standards. If you watch closely they’ll sometimes slip these types of stories here and there, with bloggers and such. It’s always interesting to see just how “news” (especially news that could be controversial) happens at WDW, then gets picked up by other blogs, etc.

Seperately, dumb question... when it says “three day minimum” - that means you pay $50 per person, per day? Or what am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter