Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The more I think about it, sort of a strange “drop” of this story for Disney standards. If you watch closely they’ll sometimes slip these types of stories here and there, with bloggers and such. It’s always interesting to see just how “news” (especially news that could be controversial) happens at WDW, then gets picked up by other blogs, etc.

Seperately, dumb question... when it says “three day minimum” - that means you pay $50 per person, per day? Or what am I missing?

I took it to mean $50 per person per day and minimum 3 days. So $150/person minimum. Not sure why they have the minimum except to prevent people booking CL one night just to go wild with FP. Though I don’t know why disney wouldn’t want that. I have to assume 1 day stays are great for maximizing the number of filled rooms.

I tried a search but came up empty. We are thinking of staying CL Wilderness Lodge after taking couple years off due to lounge being relocated and the elevator in main lobby being closed, lack of lobby view due to construction walls, etc. does anyone have info if that is all in the past with the views from club level being restored and not having the long walk to that elevator to get upstairs.

TBH, that all seems pretty extreme to me. There’s a lot going on there.

Wonder if this really is legit? :confused3

Yeah, who knows. I mean, it’s from a legit reporter and news station. But the change in their reports from “no strings FP” to ones bookable 90 days out is very questionable. Unless it’s both...

At least they claim this is all due to be announced by Friday or sooner. So we won’t be waiting long to know if it’s real.

If this stuff is real, better book soon for late 2019. With SWL it might be impossible to get a CL room.

Well, all this craziness made me jump on the CL bandwagon after I had decided not to stay CL! Actually it made me check YC GV CL which I got for $88 more than the original BC LV room which for 3 of us seemed reasonable. If the FP changes are true then it will really be worth it!

I tried a search but came up empty. We are thinking of staying CL Wilderness Lodge after taking couple years off due to lounge being relocated and the elevator in main lobby being closed, lack of lobby view due to construction walls, etc. does anyone have info if that is all in the past with the views from club level being restored and not having the long walk to that elevator to get upstairs.

All WL construction is done, you’re all good!

Here are some links to pics of the new lounge and offerings. The new lounge had just opened when we stayed there. The construction walls you see in my pics obviously aren’t there now - you can go back/forth via the south/lobby elevators.

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016

I get how what I am about to say sounds but given the prices they charge now for CL - I frankly believe CL stays should come with a couple anytime/any ride fast passes.
Won’t cost them anything but would add huge value to CL stays!

They keep taking away stuff and aren’t really adding anything on so this would be a “cheap” thing for them to do while showing CL Guests that they are valued ‍♀️

I sent a quick email to the YC/BC CL email to see what they say. (Maybe they'll say nothing before Friday but would love to know.... since we would be likely to book it...) If they get back to me I'll post the info...

We are staying at the Poly CL and my daughter has tree nut allergies(Epipen type) and I wanted to know how they deal with allergies. It’s the cross-contamination that worries us the most. Our plan was to eat breakfast at the lounge, but now I am worried she might not have safe food. Does anyone have recent experience at the Poly CL with allergies?
Thanks!

Bumping your post as I’m not sure I saw a response.

I have no personal experience with special diets and CL so I can’t really help. But I do occasionally see people ask for and receive special individually wrapped plates from the back. Presumably these were pre-arranged for special diets. I have not idea who you talk to for this or just how accommodating they are, but, with some exceptions, I’ve generally seen people report positive CL experiences with special diets around here.

Sorry that doesn’t really answer your question, but maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

GADisneyDad14, Thank you for the wonderful review and photos of the Poly club level! It looks amazing and we are very much looking forward to our first Poly CL stay in early April! In fact, it will be our first ever Poly stay period. We were at Disney end of December - so same time as you - (and this is going to sound ridiculous coming from someone who lives in the Northeast) and it was pretty cold for Florida the night of December 30 for the MK fireworks! We wound up getting lucky and by some miracle picked up someone's last minute dining cancellation at CG for 5:50pm. Had I packed appropriate outdoor clothing for everyone we definitely would have gone to MK to view them but I didn't want my little guy to freeze! The 6:30 fireworks show was pretty incredible - even my husband agreed. We also did the O'hana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch - that's when my 8 year old DD fell instantly in love with the Poly. She has been asking if we can stay there one day - so this will be a pretty big surprise for her when I let her know. :-)

I have two questions - one is regarding room requests at Poly - it seems like most request a balcony - but I'm wondering about ground floor rooms? We booked a garden view cl room and wondering if all the ground floor rooms have convenient access to the pool or not necessarily? I'm not familiar with Poly so any advice here would be appreciated.

My next question is unrelated and was asked of me - but when I think about it, I'm really not sure of the answer. This family is also going that same week in April (kids off from school here) but will be changing rooms within AKL. First club level then moving to a dvc room (not sure if they are moving to Jambo house or Kidani Village or whether that affects the answer- so apologies for the missing information). Since they will be in club level for the first part of their stay will they still have access to the club lounge for the full day they checkout of the club room and move to new room? I know when we were checking out of Beach Club this past summer we were still able to access the lounge that day up until our departure - however we were leaving for the airport, not checking into another non-club level room. Does it make a difference? In other words does that still apply to guests not leaving the resort that day and transferring to a non club level room (DVC room) within same property or will the magic band wipe out access to club level for that day once they check into new room? TIA!

Glad y’all had fun on your recent trip, even if it was cold! :-)

@trishadono answered your questions, but just wanted to say I agree. Most folks will likely request first or third floor for the outdoor space. You can “walk out” from some of the rooms across the grass and straight over to the Oasis Pool, but it’s not really quite the same as “walking out” to the beach on the other side. The grass area is bigger and there are more plants.

Note, a very large tree on the far end of the building between Hawaii and the Oasis Pool fell over in Irma. With this tree gone, that space is now more “open” than before. Rooms on the non-lounge end of the building have improved views of the pool.

Personally, I’d want to be on the third floor, but I’d be happy with a first floor room too.

Your question on the AKL split is an interesting one. They ‘should’ have access all day but I wouldn’t put it past Disney IT for something to happen behind the scenes to make the bands not work. Your friend may need to go talk to the front desk if that happens. I’d be curious how that ends up working out, if you happen to think about it down the road.

Hope you have a great trip! Now you just have to wait until April. :-)

I think I would utilize those extra fastpasses. My husband doesn't like disney like I do. We end up doing a longer trip with shorter days. If we purchased this we could stay 6 or 7 nights instead of the 8 we do so he has down time. We could maximize our days more and get more done in probably the same amount of time each day. We could then only do 4 or 5 park days and he would still get to golf. If it were up to me, disney would go back to being open late over the summer (like 12) or offer a paid night hour event in the summer. I would be all over that. Everyone is happier going late and staying late.

We're set to do our FP+ for our March Break vacation soon and I can say if this is true it takes all the pressure off me. We will book this for our trip if we can. We're spending a ton for our club level vacation in March room during 10 nights at March Break time. For the extra value it's worth it for us.

Haven’t read it yet but just noticed Josh has posted his review of GFR SL CL if you want to check it out.

Lol, yeah, he’s been making the rounds of the CLs lately. :-)

There’s a recent post about Poly CL too and he did CR Atrium a month or so ago.

Curious to see what he has to say about SL.

Lol, yeah, he’s been making the rounds of the CLs lately. :-)

There’s a recent post about Poly CL too and he did CR Atrium a month or so ago.

Curious to see what he has to say about SL.

I know! I’m loving them. I’m hoping he gets to Animal Kingdom Lodge soon. :-)

I just thought I would post it here in case someone was eagerly awaiting the review like I am awaiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge review.

I know! I’m loving them. I’m hoping he gets to Animal Kingdom Lodge soon. :-)

I just thought I would post it here in case someone was eagerly awaiting the review like I am awaiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge review.

Just read his review. Pretty spot on from my perspective. I tend to like his reviews and style - usually fair with a good mix of the pros and cons.

SL food options are looking very good!

Random note, I was behind Josh in line for Navi River Journey during an AP preview day last May. I have never seen someone take so many photos of a queue! :-)

Just read his review. Pretty spot on from my perspective. I tend to like his reviews and style - usually fair with a good mix of the pros and cons.

SL food options are looking very good!

Random note, I was behind Josh in line for Navi River Journey during an AP preview day last May. I have never seen someone take so many photos of a queue! :-)
That's a lot coming from you- you take pictures of everything.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter