Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The
Hahaha:rotfl2:

Spellcheck often changes trishadono to trishnado. :confused3 :dance3:

Nope I posted lots of EWP not those.

The extra fp I haven't done since I don't even always use my 3 per day.

:wave2:
My bad! Sorry!

The pics of the MK viewing area start at post #505 on page 26 of this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level-fastpass-purchase-logistics.3657573/page-26

They are posted by TheFloatingBear.

I was also wrong about the designated Epcot location, as it has changed. Supposedly it is more towards the front of the park.

I know I reviewed this before but the last time we were at the BC CL the cast members were all unfriendly. It was so weird. But what upset us was when we had a late flight and we couldn't get a late check out in our room. My dad was tired and couldn't go to EPCOT with the rest of the group. He fell asleep in the lounge and the CM made me wake him up to leave because this was when they closed the room during shifts. It was after the renovation and we were in the back part - no where near the food. The CM was just rude and got upset that we evened asked. She then started whispering to the other CMs. I truly couldn't believe this was her response. We stay concierge levels at many other hotels outside of Disney and we have never been treated like that. I sent a letter to management and never got a response. It just left a bad taste with me.

:sad2:

I would try the BC again but we love the BWI, Poly and CR so much. As I have said many times the CMs of the BWI are truly the best!

I agree about the BWI CMs....they are just amazing!! I am so glad I was finally able to try it and while I'm very excited to try Poly CL in Oct, I really want to go back to BWI CL as it was that great! :goodvibes

Is this ability to add club level access to a non club level room only available at the Wilderness Lodge or do other Disney resorts offer it? Thank you.
I don't know about this specific offer, but WDW has long allowed guests to ask about upgrades at check-in. Sometimes they can offer a small deal, depending on their vacancy rate, and the kind of upgrade you are seeking.

If we happen to get stuck with a lousy room location, I sometimes ask.

Car rental companies are also sometimes open the same idea. they don't want their most expensive rooms/cars to go unused.

If you are interested, it is often worth asking. You just can't expect last minute upgrades to always be available.

Wanted to weigh in with my thoughts on the BC. We had our first CL stay June 1-10, though we have stayed at the resort before. We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. We were very happy with the food. Breakfast was just what we needed, and we enjoyed the rotating hot option each day. The afternoon snacks were nothing exciting, but enough for us when we came back for an afternoon break to swim (I had also packed some of my kids' favorite snacks so we used those to round out what was in the lounge). The hot appetizers in the evening were great and we made dinner out of them (after having a TS lunch) 3 nights. We found the staff to be wonderful - very friendly, always happy to help us and they were extremely kind to my 2 girls. I was slightly afraid about booking the BC CL after hearing some not great reviews of the CMs but we were very happy. We had a standard room booked and while we had a head on shot of the rooftops, we had a great view of Stormalong Bay to the very slight left. I do wish they had alcoholic beverages in the lounge - we had to ask a CM who then had to go to a CM only area across the hall to get us a beer or glass of wine. It was never an issue and they were always happy to do it, I just felt bad bothering them if they were doing something else. Overall it was an amazing stay and we can't wait to go back - all 4 of us agreed we will upgrade to CL whenever possible.

Wanted to weigh in with my thoughts on the BC. We had our first CL stay June 1-10, though we have stayed at the resort before. We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. We were very happy with the food. Breakfast was just what we needed, and we enjoyed the rotating hot option each day. The afternoon snacks were nothing exciting, but enough for us when we came back for an afternoon break to swim (I had also packed some of my kids' favorite snacks so we used those to round out what was in the lounge). The hot appetizers in the evening were great and we made dinner out of them (after having a TS lunch) 3 nights. We found the staff to be wonderful - very friendly, always happy to help us and they were extremely kind to my 2 girls. I was slightly afraid about booking the BC CL after hearing some not great reviews of the CMs but we were very happy. We had a standard room booked and while we had a head on shot of the rooftops, we had a great view of Stormalong Bay to the very slight left. I do wish they had alcoholic beverages in the lounge - we had to ask a CM who then had to go to a CM only area across the hall to get us a beer or glass of wine. It was never an issue and they were always happy to do it, I just felt bad bothering them if they were doing something else. Overall it was an amazing stay and we can't wait to go back - all 4 of us agreed we will upgrade to CL whenever possible.

Thanks for sharing!! We will be there this weekend and love hearing the good reports to go with the not so glowing ones :)

I guess this nearly 90-degree weather in NY right now is preparing me for FL.

Since it was pointed out that many of us are traveling soon...

What are the usual hours of rain in July? I’ve heard afternoon? What time does it tend to clear up? (Thankful we’ll have the CL lounge to hang out in!)
Someone on Dis recommended the MyRadar app. It's great. You will be able to see when a rain band is coming through and can work around it. Saved us from getting soaked several times on our last trip.

ime usually rains around 2-4pm in the summer but you never know. Check your weather app each evening and again the next morning so you know what you're up against. We also never do ponchos, they are too hot and sticky. We wear quick dry clothing and bring an extra pair of shoes in case we get soaked.

Even with all the rain we got last time the only time we got soaked was on Kali River Rapids. Not sure why I did that dumb ride. It's really short and at least 3 people on your raft will get soaked by a wave of water.

Hi everyone! I'm planning my first trip to DW in 2019 and begin to lose myself into the Resort specificities and information. This forum is a treasure and contains almost all the answers to my questions...but I 'm a bit lost on some topics!

We are planning to book 1 night in a regular room (AKL) then 2 nights in club level (YCR). We will of course have a -at least- 3 days park ticket bought separately.
Will I be able to purchase extra fast passes for our 3 days in the parks even if only 2 nights are spent in a club level room? Would that be a problem if I book the rooms through disneyworld website but the tickets through a tier travel agency (I found a better deal for combined purchase of Universal+disney tickets) -I mean will it be possible to link the tickets and the booking in MDE?

Thank you!

Is this ability to add club level access to a non club level room only available at the Wilderness Lodge or do other Disney resorts offer it? Thank you.

I haven't heard about it at other resorts. I think they started it at WL when they converted half the CL rooms to Copper Creek. Like @mickeyluv'r said you can always ask about upgrades at check-in, but I don't think the "access" purchase is anywhere else.

Someone on Dis recommended the MyRadar app. It's great. You will be able to see when a rain band is coming through and can work around it. Saved us from getting soaked several times on our last trip.

ime usually rains around 2-4pm in the summer but you never know. Check your weather app each evening and again the next morning so you know what you're up against. We also never do ponchos, they are too hot and sticky. We wear quick dry clothing and bring an extra pair of shoes in case we get soaked.

Even with all the rain we got last time the only time we got soaked was on Kali River Rapids. Not sure why I did that dumb ride. It's really short and at least 3 people on your raft will get soaked by a wave of water.
I will check out that app. Thanks. And we NEVER do Kali River Rapids! ;)

Thanks for sharing about your experience. Glad you had a great time at BC CL :wizard:.

Thanks for sharing!! We will be there this weekend and love hearing the good reports to go with the not so glowing ones :)

Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

We feel that way all the time - We always want to go back to the BWI. Truly.

Definitely a great resort! I'm already wanting to go back after just one stay :).

Hi everyone! I'm planning my first trip to DW in 2019 and begin to lose myself into the Resort specificities and information. This forum is a treasure and contains almost all the answers to my questions...but I 'm a bit lost on some topics!

We are planning to book 1 night in a regular room (AKL) then 2 nights in club level (YCR). We will of course have a -at least- 3 days park ticket bought separately.
Will I be able to purchase extra fast passes for our 3 days in the parks even if only 2 nights are spent in a club level room? Would that be a problem if I book the rooms through disneyworld website but the tickets through a tier travel agency (I found a better deal for combined purchase of Universal+disney tickets) -I mean will it be possible to link the tickets and the booking in MDE?

Thank you!

I'm not too familiar with the CL fastpass purchases, but I think you can only do that for the portion of your CL stay (but I'm not positive). Hopefully others will post their experience with detailed information :flower3:.

I haven't heard about it at other resorts. I think they started it at WL when they converted half the CL rooms to Copper Creek. Like @mickeyluv'r said you can always ask about upgrades at check-in, but I don't think the "access" purchase is anywhere else.
If you have a Copper Creek room booked (cash res through Disney, not points), are you eligible to ask and pay for club level access if a spot is available?

We also never do ponchos, they are too hot and sticky. We wear quick dry clothing and bring an extra pair of shoes in case we get soaked.
I agree 100% about ponchos; the hot and sticky issue issue is especially true in summer! I’m curious about the shoes, though. What do you do with them in the parks? Carry them? Rent a locker? When my DD was younger, I would bring extra shoes and keep them in the stroller basket. Last summer we were really lucky and didn’t have a day of rain! I’m not expecting we’ll be so lucky this year and am trying to plan appropriately. I dislike wearing anything but my running shoes in the parks, although I’ve been seriously considering buying a pair of quality walking sandals. Bringing along an extra pair of shoes would solve my problem, but I don’t know where to put them!

I agree 100% about ponchos; the hot and sticky issue issue is especially true in summer! I’m curious about the shoes, though. What do you do with them in the parks? Carry them? Rent a locker? When my DD was younger, I would bring extra shoes and keep them in the stroller basket. Last summer we were really lucky and didn’t have a day of rain! I’m not expecting we’ll be so lucky this year and am trying to plan appropriately. I dislike wearing anything but my running shoes in the parks, although I’ve been seriously considering buying a pair of quality walking sandals. Bringing along an extra pair of shoes would solve my problem, but I don’t know where to put them!
I like me sneakers too but I love my tevas especially in the rainy summer. I also bring a small umbrella for the rain. I keep a poncho if the rain is really heavy or if I’m too crowded in to use the umbrella (don’t want to poke anyone!) I hate being hot and sticky from the poncho :crazy2:

I searched the thread and keep finding AKL lodge mimosas, but I am wondering does Polynesian CL do the same thing in the mornings? Raved to a friend about my experience at AKL starting the day with mimosas and they are looking at Poly and wanted to see if they could get them there too.
Any CL will do mimosas, as far as I know. Just gotta ask.
But I believe they all offer either Proseco or Champagne in the evening, and juice in the morning. So you just need to request them to get you some of the bubbly in the morning (which I've never had them refuse to do) and add your juice. Mimosa.

I agree 100% about ponchos; the hot and sticky issue issue is especially true in summer! I’m curious about the shoes, though. What do you do with them in the parks? Carry them? Rent a locker? W

My kids wear flip flops on the rainy days and sneakers the rest. I can't wear flip flops so I just bring extra shoes and try to be careful about puddles. I leave the extras in the room.

Okay, this might be a weird question but here goes. Would it be weird for me to bring plastic containers or ziplocs to the lounge to put food into for my kids to then take back to our room in the mornings?

We are traveling from the west coast and plan to stay on that time zone, for the purposes of staying late in the parks since we will only do the parks in the evenings (going in July...one kid has a heat/sun intolerance due to autism and sensory processing disorder). So, going to bed around 1am and waking around 10-11am most likely.

My kids will probably sleep past the breakfast hour every day but will be happy with pastries and fruit every morning. We have a Deluxe room booked at the BC which will be a hike away from the lounge (and on a separate floor). I think it would be easier to carry stuff back in a container vs trying to carry individual plates.

Thoughts? Or other ideas?

Okay, this might be a weird question but here goes. Would it be weird for me to bring plastic containers or ziplocs to the lounge to put food into for my kids to then take back to our room in the mornings?

We are traveling from the west coast and plan to stay on that time zone, for the purposes of staying late in the parks since we will only do the parks in the evenings (going in July...one kid has a heat/sun intolerance due to autism and sensory processing disorder). So, going to bed around 1am and waking around 10-11am most likely.

My kids will probably sleep past the breakfast hour every day but will be happy with pastries and fruit every morning. We have a Deluxe room booked at the BC which will be a hike away from the lounge (and on a separate floor). I think it would be easier to carry stuff back in a container vs trying to carry individual plates.

Thoughts? Or other ideas?
I bring breakfast back for my husband most days. I usually wear a tshirt and hoodie, the pockets come in handy for extra napkins, and so on. If it were me, I'd stick with a large plate. Sometimes I've used a paper coffee cup to put the fruit in, and then whatever else on the plate. Cup in the center, rolls/pastries, deviled egg around it.

I don't think there is any particular right or wrong. You might ask the CM's if they have a tray or something you could use. Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter